BvS Batman Vs Superman Manips & Art

Status
Not open for further replies.
thats a paint, not his real body, not his exact face.

Paints make the woman look better, almost perfect. Yet this paint doesnt who a really powerfull Wonder Woman, in the face.

Gal has beauty, for sure, but in terms on presence, its not on the same league as actresses like Charlize Theron, Angelina Jolie or Cate Blanchet, to name a few.

And Wonder Woman NEEDED someone with a presence and acting chops on that level.

I think she strikes a cool middle ground between the cutesy innocent type and the woman who has control. Most importantly her voice and the way she carries herself when she speaks, is more mature than she looks. At this point it's probably her strongest asset above all else. Certainly for me, I would be disappointed with her casting otherwise.

no one posted this yet?

wonder_woman_gal_gadot_by_christopher_nico_by_orangeasgard-d6xjfzp.jpg

http://orangeasgard.deviantart.com/art/Wonder-Woman-Gal-Gadot-By-Christopher-Nico-419131573

Somebody should tweet this to her.

Totally sweet. Haven't had doubts about her at all,but I'm psyched that this shows how good the classic suit could look! Bravo!

thats a paint, not his real body, not his exact face.

Paints make the woman look better, almost perfect. Yet this paint doesnt who a really powerfull Wonder Woman, in the face.

Gal has beauty, for sure, but in terms on presence, its not on the same league as actresses like Charlize Theron, Angelina Jolie or Cate Blanchet, to name a few.

And Wonder Woman NEEDED someone with a presence and acting chops on that level.
I disagree that Wonder Woman needed someone as good an actress as Blanchett or Theron. Jolie is one dimensional in her action roles so she doesn't factor into my opinion. The role isn't that hard to play so no you don't need someone as good as the greatest actresses working today.

I disagree that Wonder Woman needed someone as good an actress as Blanchett or Theron. Jolie is one dimensional in her action roles so she doesn't factor into my opinion. The role isn't that hard to play so no you don't need someone as good as the greatest actresses working today.
This is more a broader point; being these are fictional figures, their complexities (and subsequently, their difficulties) is going to be determined by the writer. No role is inherently harder than the next. Similarly even the same exact role given to two completely different actors can result in a disparity of quality. A B-list role might be delivered in a B-list way by a B-list actor, but an A-list actor could conceivably elevate the role to an A-list by virtue of a greater performance.

So there are several factors which come into play here. With that said, Goyer and Snyder are behind this project. So I'm not expecting too much greatness especially since they don't have the benefit of a "Wonder Woman bible" to pull from. Fingers crossed nonetheless.

I thought it was a manip thread, apparently not.

Last edited:
This is more a broader point; being these are fictional figures, their complexities (and subsequently, their difficulties) is going to be determined by the writer. No role is inherently harder than the next. Similarly even the same exact role given to two completely different actors can result in a disparity of quality. A B-list role might be delivered in a B-list way by a B-list actor, but an A-list actor could conceivably elevate the role to an A-list by virtue of a greater performance.

So there are several factors which come into play here. With that said, Goyer and Snyder are behind this project. So I'm not expecting too much greatness especially since they don't have the benefit of a "Wonder Woman bible" to pull from. Fingers crossed nonetheless.
Don't watch the movie if you don't like Snyder and Goyer and don't expect anything. That's all I have to say for now.

Also, is it just me or does she sort of resemble a young Daisy Fuentes, back when she was an MTV "VJ"?

No, I see it too. I actually think that particular rendering looks more like Fuentes than it does Gadot.

r-DAISY-FUENTES-HOME-large570.jpg

I really was hoping they'd go for someone with a bit more of a Mediterranean look and feel

Based on her phenotype and cranial morphology, Gadot would easily be classified by any knowledgeable anthropologist/geneticist as a Mediterranean type. It surprises me that people know so little about what that word actually means.

Based on her phenotype and cranial morphology, Gadot would easily be classified by any knowledgeable anthropologist/geneticist as a Mediterranean type. It surprises me that people know so little about what that word actually means.

I know, it's pretty hilarious. She's Israeli, which is essentially Mediterranean (it has a coast on the Mediterranean, after all).

Cranial morpholgy needs to be in more posts, even if it does't fit elsewhere. It rolls off the tongue nicely :O

I know, it's pretty hilarious. She's Israeli, which is essentially Mediterranean (it has a coast on the Mediterranean, after all).

Even if she didn't reside there, Gadot would still be considered a Med. In Italy, for example, you can find Mediterranean types largely in the south and Nordic/Alpine types in the northern regions where Germanic influence is strongest. You can even find Med types in the British Isles, such as Catherine Zeta Jones. Meds and Nordics are just different branches of the same Caucasian race.

I guess I should have just said that I think they should have found someone more Greek. Happy now? I just don't think she looks like Wonder Woman. At all. The artistic rendering doesn't do it for me. I hope she at least gets built up a bit, because she looks like a stick.

There is no need for Diana to look greek, actually, all ancient greek mithology shouldn't have much of an impact in the producers decisions making. Sure, giving a ancient look to Themyscira and other stuff is fine. But they shouldn't be bound in any way by it, especially things closer to Wonder Woman, for example her costume.

There is no need for Diana to look greek, actually, all ancient greek mithology shouldn't have much of an impact in the producers decisions making. Sure, giving a ancient look to Themyscira and other stuff is fine. But they shouldn't be bound in any way by it, especially things closer to Wonder Woman, for example her costume.

agreed with you until that, her costume should be beyond a shadow of a doubt Greek.

I guess I should have just said that I think they should have found someone more Greek. Happy now? I just don't think she looks like Wonder Woman. At all. The artistic rendering doesn't do it for me. I hope she at least gets built up a bit, because she looks like a stick.

There is no need for Diana to look greek, actually, all ancient greek mithology shouldn't have much of an impact in the producers decisions making.

I agree with SofNascimento. Diana isn't a Greek woman (like Elektra Natchios); she's birthed out of clay or descendant from Zeus. Moreover, Greeks, like other Europeans, don't all exhibit the same physical characteristics. Compare Jennifer Aniston with Nia Vardalos -- both Greeks. :yay:

And Wonder Woman, in the comics, doesn't look especially Greek anyhow. When I observe this old depiction of the fictional amazon, for example, I just see a white woman with black hair, pinkish skin and blue eyes (essentially a female version of Superman):

WonderWomanV5.jpg

Gal Gadot, with her olive skin and brown eyes, is actually a little darker than many traditional renderings of the character; she just doesn't have the signature jet-black hair (a little dye will fix that though).

That said, I don't care for the above-referenced manip as well, and Gadot isn't what I would consider an ideal choice, but it is what it is.

Last edited:
I agree with SofNascimento. Diana isn't a Greek woman (like Elektra Natchios); she's birthed out of clay or descendant from Zeus. Moreover, Greeks, like other Europeans, don't all exhibit the same physical characteristics. Compare Jennifer Aniston with Nia Vardalos -- both Greeks. :yay:

And Wonder Woman, in the comics, doesn't look especially Greek anyhow. When I observe this old depiction of the fictional amazon, for example, I just see a white woman with black hair, pinkish skin and blue eyes (essentially a female version of Superman):

WonderWomanV5.jpg

Gal Gadot, with her olive skin and brown eyes, is actually a little darker than many traditional renderings of the character; she just doesn't have the signature jet-black hair (a little dye will fix that though).

That said, I don't care for the above-referenced manip as well, and Gadot isn't what I would consider an ideal choice, but it is what it is.

I don't really care if Wonder Woman is considered Greek or simply "white". When I look at Greek women, especially the ones with very dark hair, they make me think Wonder Woman.

Gal, who seems to be a lovely person, just isn't my ideal. I'll be happy to be proven wrong. I was just commenting, she's not my preference, and that putting her face with the costume didn't really do much for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"