BvS Batman Vs Superman Poll - Opinions Of 1000 Moviegoers In NYC

They're rushing it because they're stupid.

Marvel is turning their second-tier characters into A-list characters. DC/WB is doing the opposite.

I hope WB reads this and realizes what a dumb idea it is to slate JL for a 2016/17 release.

Get a PROPER MOS sequel, and a Wonder Woman off the ground. Then we can talk. And make sure you hire writers known for acclaimed independent work, and directors who care about the source material.

I hope WB reads this and realizes what a dumb idea it is to slate JL for a 2016/17 release.

Get a PROPER MOS sequel, and a Wonder Woman off the ground. Then we can talk. And make sure you hire writers known for acclaimed independent work, and directors who care about the source material.

WB has not officially slated JL for a 2016/17 release. That's speculation only.

But very REALISTIC speculation. The writing is on the wall. They want to do Flash, to avoid having to do Wonder Woman (and I want to see a Flash movie. If it was good, I'd be really happy.). They want to do Justice League to get Avengers money.

I'm still of the opinion that superheroes are on borrowed time, blockbuster films in general actually, and that these franchises are eating each other to death. The question is I guess more about where you sit personally, do you want to strike the iron now when there's a dozen other franchises hitting it at the same time, or do you wait until things subside before launching something new?

Yeah, I totally know what you mean. And I'm no marketing genius, so I have no idea what would be the better play really.

But I'm glad we're on the same page about the state of the genre.

IMO people will continue to see these spectacle movies so long as they're good films with compelling characters. That will always be the case. The idea of 'striking while the comic book genre is hot' is what will drive people to be fed up with these kinds of films, as somebody else mentioned.

IMO people will continue to see these spectacle movies so long as they're good films with compelling characters. That will always be the case. The idea of 'striking while the comic book genre is hot' is what will drive people to be fed up with these kinds of films, as somebody else mentioned.

Yep. People think that the market is oversaturated with superhero movies, which might be true to an extent. However, if the movies were amazing rather than just good or okay, people would want more and crave more.

But very REALISTIC speculation. The writing is on the wall. They want to do Flash, to avoid having to do Wonder Woman (and I want to see a Flash movie. If it was good, I'd be really happy.). They want to do Justice League to get Avengers money.

Two cookies for you.

:word:

Yeah, I totally know what you mean. And I'm no marketing genius, so I have no idea what would be the better play really.

But I'm glad we're on the same page about the state of the genre.

Honestly, I never thought I'd be sick of seeing so many 'franchises' coming out, and to me that reliance on them it going to spell bad times for studios when they run out of brands to turn to. Frankly, I want original material filling the screens.

ArmsHeldOut and I joked about it, but now I can see it happening: Films based on Cereal mascots! :wow:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"