The Dark Knight Rises Batman-y things in TDKR

hafizbat

Superhero
Reaction score
I suppose this could fit into the Bale/Knight thread, but I thought there could be a more specific thread just about the things they got right about Batman, and the things that felt missing.

My list is mostly about the action
Things that were there:
-Batman on the Batpod and the Bat
-Those Bat-Darts used to stun
-Flashbangs (Bane sewer fight)
-EMP ( which was awesome)
-When he hung upside down behind the thug, ala begins
-Did more appearing acts rather than disappearing (w/catwoman on rooftop, w/Gordon on ice)
-Did the interrogation again like BB and TDK, this time WHERE IS THE TRIGGER??

Things that weren't there
-No batarangs AGAIN
-No grappling hook used
-No gliding with cape (what a pity, as some of the best cinematography of the trilogy is when he is gliding)
-No Batmobile/tumbler
(understandable)

The bats swarming around Bruce before he makes the jump in the pit. Awesome.

There was a very small moment when he used his cape in the Bane fight to break his fall.

The only thing I really miss is the Tumbler, its the best Batmobile there's been its a shame we didnt get to see it at all in this one, I know the original got destroyed but made for better chase scenes than the Batpod.

There was a very small moment when he used his cape in the Bane fight to break his fall.

The only thing I really miss is the Tumbler, its the best Batmobile there's been its a shame we didnt get to see it at all in this one, I know the original got destroyed but made for better chase scenes than the Batpod.

I love all 3, the Tumbler, the Batpod, and the Bat. To me personally it seems as if the Batpod was the signature vehicle of the trilogy as a whole, I don't know what it is, maybe he just used it the most or perhaps it's the visual of the Dark Knight on the Batpod with his cape flowing that just hits me.

Oh forgot to add him in the Batcave without his cowl on. Great visual.

I love all 3, the Tumbler, the Batpod, and the Bat. To me personally it seems as if the Batpod was the signature vehicle of the trilogy as a whole, I don't know what it is, maybe he just used it the most or perhaps it's the visual of the Dark Knight on the Batpod with his cape flowing that just hits me.

Yeah I think the Batpod was used more as allowed for a bit more visual flair with being able to actually seeing Batman and have his cape billowing out behind, I'll give them that, it did work in that respect.

But I just love the Tumbler its just a black tank on wheels!! Awesome design and would have loved to see another massive chase with it.

And yeah The Bat was very good too, looked different in style, very striking and worked in the Nolan universe.

The Tumbler was unnecessary because Bane's mercenaries had several. Stylistically it would have been redundant. But at least we got the Bat, which was awesome.

The Tumbler was unnecessary because Bane's mercenaries had several. Stylistically it would have been redundant. But at least we got the Bat, which was awesome.

One thing that's been missing since Batman Begins is the Epic Batman Scowl.
Remember in Begins when Batman Says "I can't beat 2 of your thugs?" and Ras Al Ghul says "As you wish", and 2 more League of shadows fighters rappel down the strings..

suddenly it's Batman against 4 "goons"

the way he scowls at one of them before jumping him...
that's classic Batman.

I miss the scowl.

I think perhaps the best Batman-y thing in TDKR was when he saved JGL. from the obituary column.

I know it was brief, but him jumping down in the middle of them was a throwback to Begins, and the way the fight scene was shot was very cool.

In my opinion, that scene is where Batman looked the coolest [and the most Batman-y]

but a special mention [honorable mention] goes to the scene before that where he Saves Gordon & co with the tiny Batarangs that knock out their captors.

I should also mention the Bat Signal burning on the Brooklyn Bridge...

very cool

[but I miss the scowl]

It's not super clear, but here it is

http://screenmusings.org/BatmanBegins/pages/BB_1061.htm

he was scowling all over the place in Batman Begins..

http://moviedebaters.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/Batman-on-train.png

Last edited:
He sorta does the scowl in TDKR but it isn't up close on top the city hall stairs as Bane walks up.

He sorta does the scowl in TDKR but it isn't up close on top the city hall stairs as Bane walks up.

Yeah... you're right I totally forgot. It's not close up, but the stance and the scowl are pretty Batman-y. I just wish I hadn't seen him get punched and fall and then scramble up before looking cool :yay:

We shouldve had at least ONE shot of Batman gliding/grappling. He seemed a bit too grounded in this one, literally. I don't count the Bat haha

It saddens me that we have threads like this.

Like it's a big deal when Batman does something Batmanesque.

@The Guard:

Considering there's a section of fandom that doesn't consider these to be Batman movies, I'd say its a pretty big deal.:o

That said, Bruce sneaking back into Gotham.

Heck, I'm just pleased as punch that Nolan let him have his cape in this movie.

I suppose this could fit into the Bale/Knight thread, but I thought there could be a more specific thread just about the things they got right about Batman, and the things that felt missing.

My list is mostly about the action
Things that were there:
-Batman on the Batpod and the Bat
-Those Bat-Darts used to stun
-Flashbangs (Bane sewer fight)
-EMP ( which was awesome)
-When he hung upside down behind the thug, ala begins
-Did more appearing acts rather than disappearing (w/catwoman on rooftop, w/Gordon on ice)
-Did the interrogation again like BB and TDK, this time WHERE IS THE TRIGGER??

Things that weren't there
-No batarangs AGAIN
-No grappling hook used
-No gliding with cape (what a pity, as some of the best cinematography of the trilogy is when he is gliding)
-No Batmobile/tumbler
(understandable)

He did use the Batarangs, when he saved Gordon & Co from the thin ice.
you could day that's Nolan's version of the batarang....

Batman and Catwoman fighting thugs before Bane appears. That shot is still beyond words awesome.

Batman and Catwoman fighting thugs before Bane appears. That shot is still beyond words awesome.

Bane appearing, with his hands in that pose walking towards them glaring menacingly without speaking a word, whilst his "theme" plays is pretty damn cool as well.

When The Bat emerges from the alley like a complete beast and takes off.

When the Bane thug went rapid fire into the dark tunnel and all you could see is Batman slowly close in on him at different points.

That felt like Batman, using the darkness to his advantage. Pure awesomeness

Of course minutes later, he finds out that doesn't always work :D

Pretty much any time Batman was on screen he was doing something cool. He wasn't in the movie as much as the others but he made the most out of his appearances.

Pretty much any time Batman was on screen he was doing something cool. He wasn't in the movie as much as the others but he made the most out of his appearances.

Agreed. :up:

IMO, he was the least "Batman" like in TDK, not that I'm complaining. He was awesome in TDK, but BB and TDKR have more comic-book style.

It saddens me that we have threads like this.

Like it's a big deal when Batman does something Batmanesque.

Isn't that what this place is for...? So that we batman fans can discuss things we liked and things we missed from the movie? I'm sorry....some of us actually come on here to enjoy the movie for what it was rather than nitpick and argue. It saddens me that it saddens you that we have threads like this....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"