The Dark Knight Batsuit- teh good or teh bad?

I voted yes and no.

Yes for:

*Cowl/helmet is a tad better designed (aesthetically)
*Cowl/neck separation for head movement! Excellent!
*Streamlined suit. Makes for overall easier, more lithe body movement.

No for:

*The abominable egg-head
*Ears still angle in too much
*Even smaller mouth opening?
*The already notorious bobble-head look. Really horrible.
*Cape can't be used to cloak front of Batman. Tsk, tsk.
*Itty bitty, barely visible bat-symbol on ridiculous looking man-bra.
*Waayy too busy design. Looks like an action figure designed by committee.

It's a very sleek, cleverly designed suit that photographs well and will sell lots of toys. Too bad it doesn't look much like Batman.

I don't really like it at all. It's way too busy looking, imo. I am happy that it will allow much more movement though :woot:

I hate it.

More than i did the BB suit. They have been getting progressively worse since B89.

I voted 'Yes and no'.

I'm somewhat happy with the suit but there are some things that I don't like. Mainly the neck area. The chest emblem also pretty much sucks. And I'm not too crazy about the whole plated look with all those details.

From what I've seen, I must say that at the moment I prefer the Begins suit. But obviously we see the Begins suit also in TDK and there will be an explanation why Bruce Wayne has to acquire the new suit. But that doesn't change the fact that the Begins suit looks better IMO.

But I'm sure that this will not ruin the movie for me. I'm confident it will turn out okay.

Yes and No. I like it for the most part, the only thing I don't really like is how small the Bat symbol is and that stupid indent in the center of his chest. It's because of that indent, the Bat symbol looks small. If it were flush across his chest it would look a lot better.

I'm not digging the suit. The neck and cowl issues are apparent. And the business and millions of pieces of plastic is just unneccessary and gawdy.

I like it. I think since it will mostly be seen at night, all the little details people don't like will be hard to see. Also, I don't see anything that says the cape can't come in front. I think it has just been pushed back for the same reason we have seen it lighted the way we have. So we can see it.

I liked the first pic of the suit (Batman standing on top of the police car). I've revised my views somewhat, after seeing the today show and the new cinelive pic. Hoping that the suit looks better in the actual film.

Yeah i like the new suit and the mask "helmet". But i hate it when people say 'teh'... :whatever:

erm ~ personal opinion. Maybe not to you - but to me it is annoying as hell.:cwink:

"In the dark" you would never be able to see two eyes starring at you. The symbol is suppose to be the point of focus so that's where thugs will shoot, as the chest area is the most protected. When the focus is on the face, it screams "shoot me right here in the mouth! Yes, the only flesh area you see!"

Never able to see the eyes in the dark ay? Tell that to Mr. Deer!
reflective_deer_eyes_in_the_dark.jpg

I see yer point bout not wanting to get shot in the face. That would be no bueno. My point was more of an asthetic one, for the purpose of the movie goer.
However, In a practical "real life" scenario, I think the object is to not get shot at all. What sense would it make to attract gunfire to a particular part of your body? Mine as well be a bat symbol in front of some red centric circles in decreasing order. Sides, Fox said the suit cant take a direct shot. So then if its not 100% safe, yer not going ot opp for taking a bullet anywhere.

That and indimidation come from the eyes.(look how scarry that deer is)

I like part of it, but some details could've been better done, like the chest area, the cape and a simpler design.

I voted yes and no.

I do like the suit and that it will be easier for Bale to move around and that means he wont look too stiff in the suit.

But the only thing that really bothers me is the neck part. In the footage that we have seen so far with the suit it looks like he has a bobble head.

Everything else I can deal with

lol - well ok then wegrec, i just hope and pitty the people you talk to if you speak like that off the net. But...whatever... :cwink:

Yeah the suit has a few iffy features i am not happy with. I like the Begins suit more, i am hoping they just bring in the comic grey and black suit..

I voted yes and no. It's an upgrade from the BEGINS suit, but they pushed some of the design elements way too far.

Well, I like it to an extent. But, I'd much rather have all that armour underneath the chain/fabric. That would make it look much more organic. But, I'm alright with it. Points for the cowl, the neck, and the cape. Plus, the boots are a nice black touch, I think.

Now, I still don't see why they had to change the "gloves" into gauntlets, but I'm cool with it.

Well, I like it to an extent. But, I'd much rather have all that armour underneath the chain/fabric. That would make it look much more organic. But, I'm alright with it. Points for the cowl, the neck, and the cape. Plus, the boots are a nice black touch, I think.

Now, I still don't see why they had to change the "gloves" into gauntlets, but I'm cool with it.

Ever punch someone in the face? It busts yer fists up.
If you have to fight alot, you gotta have hands that arnt broken and bruised.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"