Battinson Physique Thread

hafizbat

Superhero
Reaction score
Batfleck had a physique thread, and discussing this topic seems to annoy some in the other threads, so I thought I'd make this one.

I think a realistic goal would be Taron Egerton in Kingsman.

9o6xc244c7c11.jpg

He could achieve something like Daniel Craig in Bond:
images - 2019-11-04T202706.094.jpeg
images

Bale in Begins/TDK:
giphy.gif
images - 2019-11-04T203612.356.jpeg

And best case scenario, Gyllenhaal on South Paw:
source.gif
e5055cad8a93f0d92f1f366924490822.gif

I don't feel like I'm asking for too much here. He's obviously not gonna get Affleck/Cavill/Evans/Hemsworth levels big in this movie, but he should at least be up to par and have a noticeable change in his physical presence to make him further disappear into the role.

Last edited:
I think they go with a Bale type physique for Pattinson

He already has a good base. Just tone up a little bit. I'm not picky, and frankly as I've gotten older this has become less and less important of an issue for me.

Bale's physique in Begins was ideal for a Batman physique, IMO. He doesn't need to bulk up that much of course, but I'd be very happy if he did. But someone posted a pic of him here a while back from some other movie where he bulked up considerably and I think something like that would be fine.

He already has a good base. Just tone up a little bit. I'm not picky, and frankly as I've gotten older this has become less and less important of an issue for me.

I understand that, but personally I feel it adds a lot to a superhero performance when the actor is exceptionally fit. Hemsworth as Thor, Jackman as Wolverine, Cavill as Superman, etc were a lot more impressive because of it. Not to mention that the level has been raised considerably in this CBM era. I don't think Pattison can get away with being the way Keaton was.

Doubly so because of Pattinson's reputation among the GA as Edward.

I understand that, but personally I feel it adds a lot to a superhero performance when the actor is exceptionally fit. Hemsworth as Thor, Jackman as Wolverine, Cavill as Superman, etc were a lot more impressive because of it. Not to mention that the level has been raised considerably in this CBM era. I don't think Pattison can get away with being the way Keaton was.

Even 40 year old comedic actor Kumail Nnjiani is buffing up for a character no one cares about.

Pattinson is getting paid 3 million dollars for playing one of the most iconic superheroes that exist, it's not unreasonable to ask for at least a very significant change.

If he buffs up considerably, gets a tan and dyes his hair black/dark brown that'll immediately erase whatever trace of Edward Cullen he still has in the GA.

*Shrug*

He'll be wearing a padded suit regardless, and if I'm speaking quite plainly I can't say I'm chomping at the bit to see him shirtless for extended periods of time. I don't go in for that sort of thing. So really, this whole thing is inconsequential to me. I'm more interested in fighting technique and expertise. We've seen time and time again that an efficient martial artist doesn't need to be crazy built. Hell, look at the shape Keanu Reeves was in for those John Wick movies everybody loves.

I'd prefer if he bulked up. That will complete his look as Batman.

*Shrug*

He'll be wearing a padded suit regardless, and if I'm speaking quite plainly I can't say I'm chomping at the bit to see him shirtless for extended periods of time. I don't go in for that sort of thing. So really, this whole thing is inconsequential to me. I'm more interested in fighting technique and expertise. We've seen time and time again that an efficient martial artist doesn't need to be crazy built. Hell, look at the shape Keanu Reeves was in for those John Wick movies everybody loves.

Yeah, I fit into the young male gym bro demographic so it probably matters more to me. Having said that, I presume a great number of comic book fans fit into that demographic as well.

I get what you're saying about John Wick and martial arts, but John Wick isn't a superhero, and he doesn't have decades of comics depicting him in a certain standard. I think it's reasonable to want Batman on screen to fit that image to some degree.

Yeah, I fit into the young male gym bro demographic so it probably matters more to me. Having said that, I presume a great number of comic book fans fit into that demographic as well.
Fair enough. Different strokes. :up:

I get what you're saying about John Wick and martial arts, but John Wick isn't a superhero, and he doesn't have decades of comics depicting him in a certain standard. I think it's reasonable to want Batman on screen to fit that image to some degree.
If you threw John Wick in a weapons-grade batsuit, what would that make him?

I don't think it's a gym bro thing. As Batman has become more popular, people have become used to seeing the muscular imposing depictions of him from the comics, cartoons, videogames, merchandise, etc...

It'd feel a bit off to have Pattinson just look whimpy in comparsion.

It's not even about seeing the guy shirtless, it's more about just having a change on his presence with and without the batsuit; like I said in another thread, padding can only do so much and when you force it to compensate for a subpar physique, it just ends up looking pathetic. When you get bulk up and get buff, it's noticeable even if you're just wearing a shirt or a suit and it makes for a great difference.

Heck, just look at how different John Krasinski's presence feels nowadays even while just wearing a shirt compared to his times in the office:

rs_480x270-180905051818-Late-Show-John-Krasinski-1.gif

Last edited:
He needs to look physically imposing. Doesn't mean he has to look like a bodybuilder, but he needs to put on some weight (which he has already indicated he will).

I'm not sure if I'm immature or not cause I'm 24 and I still want to see him rock them muscles :funny:. I was already not very impressed with Affleck's physique in BvS (not enough definition), so it would be a real shame for me to see my favorite hero continue to be the least impressive looking guy among the other dudes. He doesn't need to be big, just believable enough to be a decent fighter.

Actually, talking about John Krasinski, he's also a good point of reference for the Battinson physique:
john%2Bkrasinski%2Bshirtless%2Btowel.gif

Granted, I'd still prefer him to look like Charlie Hunnam in King Arthur or Gyllenhaal in Southpaw but this would do, changes his physical presence, gives that man of action vibe and what not.

I'll put it in more simple terms, though:

I want him to buff up because I want Pattinson to stop looking like a twink when he's playing Batman.

Fair enough. Different strokes. :up:

If you threw John Wick in a weapons-grade batsuit, what would that make him?

I'm not concerned about how he'll look in the batsuit. Training scenes or showing off battle scars and injuries are Batman staples, so it'd be nice if he looked even close to what he would be in the batsuit. I personally find it unappealing when the suits are too obviously padded.

It's not a dealbreaker or anything, it'd just be a plus and at this stage we're all just hoping for the best in all aspects of the movie. I'd like it if his physique was as impressive as everything else about Batman.

I'm not sure if I'm immature or not cause I'm 24 and I still want to see him rock them muscles :funny:. I was already not very impressed with Affleck's physique in BvS (not enough definition), so it would be a real shame for me to see my favorite hero continue to be the least impressive looking guy among the other dudes. He doesn't need to be big, just believable enough to be a decent fighter.
Not to mention Batman is one of the few superheroes in which his physique actually matters.

Thor can be fat and he'd still be a god. Superman can be skinny and he can still lift a mountain. Iron Man can be out of shape and it doesn't matter because he has a sut of armor, Spider-Man can be skinny and he can still lift a truck.

To be a one man army against crime, he had to train hard for it, that's why him not having superpowers makes him special in the first place. So yeah, for him to have the most... twink physique out of all the superheroes would be disappointing.

Last edited:
Definition? Is that necessary?
Like as in low fat and dehydrated?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"