Battle of the Comic Book Films Tournament(2020 Edition)

Endgame advances.

Battle of the Samuel L. Jackson Films

The Spirit
ts.jpg

VS

Spider-Man: Far From Home
spider-man-far-from-home-poster-fury-mysterio-2.jpg

Definitely Far From Home. The Spirit is just a crappier version of Sin City and it's sad that Frank Miller was behind that one, considering his talent as an artist and the fact that it seemed like he blew up even more after the success of Sin City and 300. Being a great comic-book creator doesn't mean squat as far as being a good director though and thankfully he made the wise decision to never direct again.

Definitely Far From Home. The Spirit is just a crappier version of Sin City and it's sad that Frank Miller was behind that one, considering his talent as an artist and the fact that it seemed like he blew up even more after the success of Sin City and 300. Being a great comic-book creator doesn't mean squat as far as being a good director though and thankfully he made the wise decision to never direct again.

This.

For the record it doesn’t matter now though. But I would’ve voted Shazam and Endgame easily.

I didn’t care for Far From Home, nor did I particularly like The Spirit.

Endgame advances.

Battle of the Samuel L. Jackson Films

The Spirit
ts.jpg

VS

Spider-Man: Far From Home
spider-man-far-from-home-poster-fury-mysterio-2.jpg

Just when you thought the mismatches couldn't get bigger.

The Spirit conclusively proves that Frank Miller should stick to comics. It is an awful film through and through - I doubt he could have made it any worse, even if he'd tried.

So, Far from Home easily.

Far From Home

Two words: Gyllenhaal Mysterio. Best part of that film.

Yeah, Far From Home takes my vote easily. Gyllenhaal's Mysterio is one of my favorite villians of all time. The scene in the bar when he reveals his true nature is my favorite scene of the whole movie.

I love Far From Home and I agree that Gyllenhaal absolutely killed it as Mysterio.

The Spirit on the other hand...I had never watched it until this past January when I watched it while recuperating from food poisoning. It literally made me sicker, which at the time I didn’t think was possible.

so yeah. far From Home gets it for me.

Wanted is pretty cool alrhough bs bullets/gun physics but haven't seen The Kitchen. So can't vote this round!

Last edited:
Wanted is a soulless, joyless version of Kingsmen, which isn’t exactly a masterpiece itself. So to that extent it is a crappy copy of a crappy movie.

The Kitchen is...well, it’s a movie I’ve never seen. It is, however, my second favorite room in my house. I’m tempted to vote for it on that alone, but I think the only fair thing would be to sit this one out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"