Battle of the Comic Book Films Tournament(2020 Edition)

Hulk is quite underrated and a good film on par with the 2008 one.

I liked that Lee atleast had something interesting in his mind rather than your usual superhero flick. Also, the movie has some flaws sure but it’s quite enjoyable and has the best Hulk for me. I liked his characterization and his relationship with his father. General Ross was great by Sam Elliot and the soundtrack is good.

Hulk 2003, BvS and MoS are the most underrated CBMs IMO. So I vote Hulk.

I have to go with HULK on this one. Artistically it's superior in the direction. Ang Lee had a vision and executed it very well. I also like what Danny Elfman did with the score.

Directors cut of DD is slightly better than the theatrical cut, but not enough to move on in my opinion.

Daredevil has Michael Clarke Duncan and Colin Ferrel. Hulk does not. Daredevil wins.

It took me a while to choose one.
I’ll go with Daredevil.

That must have been years ago. :funny: I don't recall that at all.

I actually also like Farrell. He's hamming it up in a fun devilish way.
I think that happened more than 6 years ago.

And yes, Bullseye in the movie is so much fun.
Daredevil has Michael Clarke Duncan and Colin Ferrel. Hulk does not. Daredevil wins.
Good reasoning.

Michael Clark Duncan was a great Wilson Fisk/Kingpin IMO. Sure he wasn't as vicious as D'Onofrio in the series, but I thought he worked perfectly for the type of movie he was in.

I'd say the same about Colin Farrell too who was super over the top as Bullseye, but at least he was entertaining to watch and most superhero films had that same degree of campiness in them during the early 2000's anyways.

The only real weak in that movie for me was Jennifer Garner's acting despite the fact that she was incredibly hot back then and still is now.

Daredevil.
Besides those obviously cringy scenes, there's some good in there.
Hulk is just BOOOOORING

Hulk takes this.....but again I can't believe that Iit may advance while the Winter Soldier is already gone.

Hulk. I love it. I get why people don't. It goes down the psycho drama spectrum a bit too far for a Hulk movie and doesn't strike a balance like the Raimi Spider-Man films but I appreciate the vision and love Lee's thoughtfulness and trying to do something more with it than just seeing Hulk as a means to an end. It checks off all the boxes for me personally.

I just wish it didn't take 40 ****ing minutes to see the Hulk. I think the movie lost people in that first act.

I like the DD Director's Cut though.

Hulk, definitely. The Daredevil movie basically had Michael Clark Duncan, and that was it.

Ang Lee Hulk? It was a *weird* movie, in a lot of ways, but weird in interesting and ambitious ways. It had solid acting pretty much all around, good script, and while the special effects were iffy, the actual scenes using them tended to be well conceived. Contrast this to Incredible Hulk, which was just this cardboard cutout blob, full of talented actors who were all just sleepwalking, and some of the ugliest special effects designs I've seen.

2. At the end of 24 hours, I'll count the votes and the one with the most votes advances to the next round.
-No votes after the 24 hour period will be counted
-In the event of a tie, the first vote after the 24 hour period will be the decider.

I'm reposting this rule from page 1 to show why DD is advancing. After the 24 hour period they were tied 8-8 and the first vote was for DD.

Battle Of The Remaining 70s films

Tales From The Crypt
3fd504ab858ac1cdf470d9c2afeefd40.png

VS

Superman The Movie
superman_1978_english_1sh_original_film_art_819bb8e0-b10a-4a5c-ac68-95a2e1891564_1200x.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"