Battle of The Henchmen 2013

BigThor

God of Thunder
Reaction score
The name of the thread speaks for itself, this is a battle between the main villain's right hand men/women of this years CBM films.

Here's your combatants....

1. Eric Savin

2. Viper

3. Faora

4. Kurse

This is FIGHT, not who was the "best henchman" or who was the best actor/actress.

Let us begin!

Last edited:
All hail our beloved Sub Commander Faora-Ul. By the star tears of Rao we will see her again. If not... "A good death is it's own reward."

It's funny but my comments on her when I first saw MOS was that she would win Henchman of the year, if ever such an award were to be given. And here we are.

I loved how Traue was charming and charismatic, and of course SUPER hardcore but I don't think she actually overshadowed the lead antagonist or the lead protagonist. Yet there were glimpses of depth and perhaps a warrior's soulfulness too. She claimed no morality, but we also saw her sobbing over the corpse of her homeworld. And when it comes to styling threads, Faora's Kryptonian military armor and Earth contact suit looked superb. When it came to action, MOS was the king this year (haters, hate all you want, in your heart of hearts, you KNOW it to be true). Her super speed martial arts moves and vicious efficiency were jaw droppingly insane. More to the point, Faora was never a second banana joke for one moment. She's a threat to Superman and his allies right until the end.

I hope somebody snatches up Traue for something like a part in the next Bond film, at least. My dream is to see Faora, played by Traue returning in a Brainiac centric Superman film. Having the character team up with Superman and perhaps Supergirl would be satisfying to the max.

^ Umm this thread is about who would win in a BATTLE, not who was the best henchmen.

Faora, for the simple reason she's a bad-ash, scary, yet slinky at the same time. She exudes cool and attitude, come on " A good death is
it's own reward." she follows orders to the letter, she's the perfect hench-person.

She's got a dark, wicked sense of humour, those deep blue eyes, and that sardonic little smile, just before she wipes out a platoon of soldiers before you can blink.

Also, she'd kick seven kinds of **** out of all the other henchmen, Kurse included. She's rip of his head and jam it up his ash. Gotta think she's nearly as strong as Superman and as fast, but much more skilful in hand-to-hand combat. The woman nearly takes out a jet, and takes a heat-seeking missile in the face but is merely stunned.

Just think, imagine a woman who's 5'7" and maybe 120 pounds, kicking the crap out of a guy who's 6'2" and 225. That's impressive, and that's the best comparison for the scenes where Faora bashes Superman around like a kid !

And that's only part of the reason to vote Faora, not including her aura of cool. 'Nuff said !

Well she was KO'ed by that missle, not stunned.

^ Umm this thread is about who would win in a BATTLE, not who was the best henchmen.

Oh man... I am sorry. I thought of "Battle" in a totally different way. :doh:

Yet... my vote still stands :oldrazz:. I don't know if you've started these battle threads in response to BM's threads or what BT, but I have a hard time seeing how characters from MOS don't just wreck shop on just about everybody 8 matches out of 10 :word:. I have yet to see TDW, but given that I don't think MCU Thor is quite, or even as close to the level the Kryptonians, even the newly empowered ones like my beloved Sub Commander, I think even a supped up Algrim as Kurse is at best going to stave off destruction for just so long. Extremis soldiers will be either torn apart beyond the point of reconstitution or if she has access to her full range of powers, then combo of vision powers alone does the trick. X-ray the source of the Extremis soldiers power, then over heat that sucker. Pop goes the weasel. Silver Samurai? Let's see, how does Metallo fare against Supes when he does not have Kryptonite? Yeah... What's going on in your imagination? It would be 10 times worse.

Hard core military training and tactics, combined with martial arts skills and ruthless determination plus growing Kryptonian powers under a yellow star and our atmosphere and gravity equals every opponent on the list as roadkill. :woot:

Well she was KO'ed by that missle, not stunned.

KO'd in the same way a human would be by something that affected your inner ear and balance. She was otherwise totally unharmed. TOTALLY. No broken bones. No charred skin. No internal injuries (which given a Kryptonian's super charged biology on Earth would heal very rapidly). Want to guess how long she was up an running about after being brought on board that Black Zero scout ship? She had gotten her brains a little fuzzed up by trading blows with Superman, then had a sensory overload because her mask went on the fritz. At best... TKO there, with little having to do with the explosive force of the missile per se, and more with the sound it produced when it blew up in her face... Her face which was totally undamaged by said explosions. :wow:

Were is Mother Russia? She was pretty damned hardcore, but in a battle probably wouldnt last long, this comes down to Faora and Kurse for me, but I have to give the edge to the lady, think she would win this after a hard fight.

But most of us havent seen Thor 2 yet...

Faora, for the simple reason she's a bad-ash, scary, yet slinky at the same time. She exudes cool and attitude, come on " A good death is
it's own reward." she follows orders to the letter, she's the perfect hench-person.

She's got a dark, wicked sense of humour, those deep blue eyes, and that sardonic little smile, just before she wipes out a platoon of soldiers before you can blink.

Also, she'd kick seven kinds of **** out of all the other henchmen, Kurse included. She's rip of his head and jam it up his ash. Gotta think she's nearly as strong as Superman and as fast, but much more skilful in hand-to-hand combat. The woman nearly takes out a jet, and takes a heat-seeking missile in the face but is merely stunned.

Just think, imagine a woman who's 5'7" and maybe 120 pounds, kicking the crap out of a guy who's 6'2" and 225. That's impressive, and that's the best comparison for the scenes where Faora bashes Superman around like a kid !

And that's only part of the reason to vote Faora, not including her aura of cool. 'Nuff said !
Couldn't have said it better myself. :up:

Faora hands down. It wouldn't even be a fair fight.

Glad to see someone vote for Kurse, I'm surprised so many people are looking over him.

Brotha Man, TDW is not out in North America yet. Perhaps things will change once we get a look at it. Patience hermano :yay:.

Hmmm there's much truth in your words. :up:

Sorry, I just imagine you saying that like Elba in the first Thor movie. You should try and have him dub you full time. :woot:

Lol I guess it's just a black guy thing.

Hey, I'm not black but if I could, I'd have Andre Braugher dub over my voice full time. :word: Think of how authoritative I'd sound ordering my daily steak and chicken tacos for lunch?

Have you seen TDW? Kurse us the actor whose playing him's voice or is it a voice over deal?

Hey, I'm not black but if I could, I'd have Andre Braugher dub over my voice full time. :word: Think of how authoritative I'd sound ordering my daily steak and chicken tacos for lunch?

Have you seen TDW? Kurse us the actor whose playing him's voice or is it a voice over deal?

I meant that I'm black, so I'd love to have Idris Elba dub my voice.

They were all good, though Viper was the poorest, but Kurse was great, loved his appearance and the way he was presented on screen. Plus, as shown in his fight with Thor, was more than capable of kicking ash.

Shouldnt Shingen have been in this as well seeing as he was a Henchmen to SS?

Shouldnt Shingen have been in this as well seeing as he was a Henchmen to SS?

Yeah but I could only use one henchmen from each film and really what could Shingen really do to any of these guys. That's why I used Viper, least she was q mutant with actual powers to compete somewhat.

^Fair enough, though he gave Wolverine a pretty decent fight considering he was human and was poisoned at the time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"