Battle of The Henchmen 2013

^Fair enough, though he gave Wolverine a pretty decent fight considering he was human and was poisoned at the time.

That's not much of a feat, especially compared to these guys although as a character he was awesome.

KO'd in the same way a human would be by something that affected your inner ear and balance. She was otherwise totally unharmed. TOTALLY. No broken bones. No charred skin. No internal injuries (which given a Kryptonian's super charged biology on Earth would heal very rapidly). Want to guess how long she was up an running about after being brought on board that Black Zero scout ship? She had gotten her brains a little fuzzed up by trading blows with Superman, then had a sensory overload because her mask went on the fritz. At best... TKO there, with little having to do with the explosive force of the missile per se, and more with the sound it produced when it blew up in her face... Her face which was totally undamaged by said explosions. :wow:

I agree, I think she was actually KO'ed by sensory overload, the flash and noise of the missile. Give her a day or two to get used to Earth's atmosphere and she'd be unstoppable.

I see my sparring partner Big Thor has posted in this thread. After his worthy defence of Thor (vs MOS superman) are we going to see a Faora v Kurse debate ? If so, I stand by my earlier statement that she'd rip off his head and jam it up his backside, she'd hit him a few hundred times before he knew what was happening, and he wouldn't lay a glove on her (unlike Superman, she DOES use her super-speed effectively, and shows she can manhandle a bigger and stronger opponent). And that's just with the speed and strength she showed in MOS, give her time to control her senses, develop flight and heat vision and none of those guys would have a prayer. Plus, she's way cuter than any of them.

Faora was one of the best things about MoS; Viper was one of the worst thing about The Wolverine. So Faora is my favorite, and Viper my least favorite.

In a straight up battle, I'd imagine Faora winning. Kurse would give her more of a challenge than Savin or Viper. Savin's intense Extremis heat might not do much against Faora and Kurse, but to be fair, Faora was in some pain after Supes shot his heat-vision into her hand. Depending on how hot Savin can get, he might be able to cause Faora some pain...but that's if he can get a hand on her. Even then, whatever pain he'd cause Faora would be quickly extinguished when she destroys him five seconds later.

Viper's poison might have an effect on Savin...but I'm not sure, since Extremis has regenerative properties for the body and might fight off internal toxins. If Savin got his hands on Viper, he'd be able to burn through her; unless Viper could get away in time and shed her charred skin from Savin's attack. Viper still wouldn't last long against Faora or Kurse, though. I don't think their Kryptonian and Asgardian bodies would succumb to her toxin. Then I imagine Viper trying to lash her tongue at Faora, but Faora quickly slices it off with that Kryptonian dagger of hers.

But yeah, in the end, I expect Faora to be the last one standing after a not-so-easy battle against Kurse. Kurse's strength is above Thor's and quite possibly even the Hulk's(even though his strength increases with anger). If he's that strong, I'd imagine him to at least be on Faora's level of strength or even Superman's. I'm going to wait until after TDW to vote, but it's Faora for now.

Last edited:
In a straight up battle, I'd imagine Faora winning. Kurse would give her more of a challenge than Savin or Viper. Savin's intense Extremis heat might not do much against Faora and Kurse, but to be fair, Faora was in some pain after Supes shot his heat-vision into her hand. Depending on how hot Savin can get, he might be able to cause Faora some pain...but that's if he can get a hand on her. Even then, whatever pain he'd cause Faora would be quickly extinguished when she destroys him five seconds later.

Viper's poison might have an effect on Savin...but I'm not sure, since Extremis has regenerative properties for the body and might fight off internal toxins. If Savin got his hands on Viper, he'd be able to burn through her; unless Viper could get away in time and shed her charred skin from Savin's attack. Viper still wouldn't last long against Faora or Kurse, though. I don't think their Kryptonian and Asgardian bodies would succumb to her toxin. Then I imagine Viper trying to lash her tongue at Faora, but Faora quickly slices it off with that Kryptonian dagger of hers.

But yeah, in the end, I expect Faora to be the last one standing after a not-so-easy battle against Kurse. Kurse's strength is above Thor's and quite possibly even the Hulk's(even though his strength increases with anger). If he's that strong, I'd imagine him to at least be on Faora's level of strength or even Superman's. I'm going to wait until after TDW to vote, but it's Faora for now.

Now you're speaking the Justice. In all fairness to big Thor, I may have dismissed Kurse too easily, as he's a badass, but I still say Faora would be too fast for him - she uses her speed as much as her strength, and she's got the fighting skills to make the most of it. The key is, that with her crazy kung fu skills (and speed, speed, speed) she can beat stronger opponents, which means Kurse's strength advantage would be neutralized.

Kurse can be hurt by piercing attacks, e.g. Loki impales him. Faora's dagger, kryptonian in origin so possibly high tech, plus her strength and speed.
Sorry man, but this isn't even as close as Thor vs Superman, she would
cut him to ribbons. It'd be raining Kurse all over Svartalfheim.

As for Savin, I disagree with Power cosmic....he'd last at least 6 seconds, but not any more than that, before Faora would be decorating the walls with an exciting new colour called "intestines of Savin". And Viper......ummm not likely to last that long.

I know it's not the point of this forum, but Faora is also way cooler than all of the others, I'd go and see a movie where she was the main character. I imagine that she's kicking the **** out of everyone in the Phantom zone as we speak.

Anyway Big ups to Big Thor for posting this thread

What about a Hulk vs Kurse thread ? (let me jump in first and say Hulk, all the way) or is there one somewhere else.

or, Malekith vs Magneto ...hmm, actually not fair, in the comics Malekith is super-vulnerable to cold iron, so Magneto would pretty much wipe him out.

That's not much of a feat, especially compared to these guys although as a character he was awesome.

Its a good feat for a human, and I think he would beat Viper in a fight and she is in here.

But yeah, he was an awesome character.

Faora. Kurse is the runner up.

Last edited:
Its a good feat for a human, and I think he would beat Viper in a fight and she is in here.

But yeah, he was an awesome character.

How though, Wolverine was basically human himself when he fought Shingen.

How though, Wolverine was basically human himself when he fought Shingen.

No he wasnt, Wolverine had his healing factor back and so with it his increased strength, etc. He did the surgery on himself as Shingen was fighting Yukio, then his healing factor came back and he fought Shingen.

Plus, Shingen beat Yukio, and later Yukio fought and killed Viper, so yeah, Shingen gave a much more capable showing than Viper did really.

Kurse takes this. Faora is certainly the next most threatening, and is a lot faster. . . but I can't see this actually mattering. Not with how thoroughly Kurse no-sold Thor, and basically everything that wasn't sucking him through a singularity. Eventually, he's going to hit Faora, which is going to at least daze her. Then follow up, and then ruin. It might take a while, granted, and he might punted around a bit first.

I suppose while this is going on, Savin can kick Viper's ash.

It depends on how fast Kurse is. Kurse had some fast reflexes with the way he [BLACKOUT]stopped Thor mid-air and swatted Mjolnir out of the way.[/BLACKOUT] Both of them were going incredibly fast at Kurse. Although Faora can be so fast that it looks like she's teleporting, if Kurse somehow did catch her as she appeared then she would have some trouble. With the way Kurse "curses" his victims by[BLACKOUT] sucking the life out of them with a touch[/BLACKOUT], I don't imagine Faora lasting too long. The Asgardian guards fell fast from it, but I don't know how much more durable Kryptonians are than Asgardians. Both Kurse and Faora have immense strength...this could be a brutal showdown.

Although, like someone previously mentioned, Kurse is vulnerable to piercing attacks. With her military training, Faora would know the most lethal spot to stab Kurse in with her Kryptonian dagger. But you think about it, Kurse [BLACKOUT]wasn't focused on Loki when he got stabbed[/BLACKOUT]; in contrast, his full attention would be on Faora. If Kurse can turn around fast enough to [BLACKOUT]thwart Thor as he flies toward him mid-air[/BLACKOUT], he can stop a dagger attack from Faora. Then he would probably throw the dagger down and shatter it with a stomp that quakes the ground.

Last edited:
Actually, I don't think speed is the important factor; I think its durability. Which is to say, I don't think Faora is going to be able to *harm* Kurse, making her speed largely irrelevant other than to prolong the fight.

And if Faora is vulnerable to magic like Superman, then Kurse's touch would be even more lethal on her. I think it's dark magic.

It depends on how fast Kurse is. Kurse had some fast reflexes with the way he [BLACKOUT]stopped Thor mid-air and swatted Mjolnir out of the way.[/BLACKOUT] Both of them were going incredibly fast at Kurse. Although Faora can be so fast that it looks like she's teleporting, if Kurse somehow did catch her as she appeared then she would have some trouble. With the way Kurse "curses" his victims by[BLACKOUT] sucking the life out of them with a touch[/BLACKOUT], I don't imagine Faora lasting too long. The Asgardian guards fell fast from it, but I don't know how much more durable Kryptonians are than Asgardians. Both Kurse and Faora have immense strength...this could be a brutal showdown.

Although, like someone previously mentioned, Kurse is vulnerable to piercing attacks. With her military training, Faora would know the most lethal spot to stab Kurse in with her Kryptonian dagger. But you think about it, Kurse [BLACKOUT]wasn't focused on Loki when he got stabbed[/BLACKOUT]; in contrast, his full attention would be on Faora. If Kurse can turn around fast enough to [BLACKOUT]thwart Thor as he flies toward him mid-air[/BLACKOUT], he can stop a dagger attack from Faora. Then he would probably throw the dagger down and shatter it with a stomp that quakes the ground.

I don't think [BLACKOUT]Kurse really did get stabbed. I think that was all illusion to allow Loki to get close enough to grab the black hole grenade. Thus when Kurse grabs him and stabs Loki with the illusory sword the use is complete and Loki survives to come back at the end of the film.[/BLACKOUT]

Had to give it to Kurse for the beat down he gave Thor.:up:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"