Supergirl Batwoman/Gotham - Crossover?

MCH

Civilian
Reaction score
I apologize if this is not the correct forum to post about this but I didn't see a general Arrowerse thread.

I saw a post on Facebook that the next season's big crossover event is going to involve Gotham City and will introduce Batwoman which could be fun but also leads to a question

Whose earth/show? Traditionally Batman and Superman have always been linked and Supergirl has referred to Batman before so that would suggest it might be connected to her earth/show.

However, the vigilante aspect of the Batman Family would fit better with Green Arrow

However, the vast assortment of villains from the Batman universe lends itself to Flash's show

However, Batwoman being a lesbian could fit in with Legends and Sara (see also Alex). This one I admit is reaching but I didnt want to leave the Legends out of the discussion

I would not be opposed to giving BW her own show but I have not heard of anything in the works

thoughts?

Well there being a Batwoman seems to imply that there's already a Batman. And although there have been some Bruce Wayne references on Arrow I'm not aware of any actually for Batman (Green Arrow seems to be pretty much his Earth's 'Batman'). There have been hints to Batman's existence on Supergirl's/Superman's Earth, so Batwoman originating there seems to make sense.

Last edited:
Pretty sure the Gotham (and Batwoman) we're going to be introduced too will be on Earth-1 (that's the same Earth as Arrow & Flash). Supergirl exists on a different Earth, but that's only because they initially didn't care for the crossovers, and when it switched networks and they could have the crossovers, they needed a reason why a) Kara and Barry/Oliver could interact, and b) why they weren't jumping into each others scenes on a regular basis.

Crossovers will, and have been primarily about Earth-1, and they'll likely continue there. Batwoman will be from Earth-1. It should further be noted that just because a Batwoman exists on any given Earth, it doesn't mean a Batman must. They can alter her origin story if they so desire, or even add in elements of Batman (similar to how they have already done with Arrow).

I was under the impression (and hope) that it will be on 38. Bring some others to her Earth for a change and let's see some alien culture shock while we're at it.

(It would be good if the show also showed aliens in normal everyday lives in the background, rather than just in seedy bars or as criminals.)

There have been enough references to Batman(woman) on Earth-38 to leave it where it is.

There's been no indication of what Earth the next crossover take place on when it happens.

I was under the impression (and hope) that it will be on 38. Bring some others to her Earth for a change and let's see some alien culture shock while we're at it.

(It would be good if the show also showed aliens in normal everyday lives in the background, rather than just in seedy bars or as criminals.)

There have been enough references to Batman(woman) on Earth-38 to leave it where it is.
We've had references to Gotham and Clark's Friend, but I don't ever remember a specific reference to Batwoman.

There's been no indication of what Earth the next crossover take place on when it happens.
I'm basing my speculation on the fact that all other crossovers have happened on Earth-1; there must be something special about that Earth.

We've had references to Gotham and Clark's Friend, but I don't ever remember a specific reference to Batwoman.

As far as I know, no Arrowverse show has explicitly mentioned a “Batman” (or “Batwoman”). But while they’ve all referenced Bruce Wayne and/or Gotham and/or Wayne Tech, only Supergirl has confirmed the existence of a vigilante crime fighter - strongly implied to be Batman.

Ironically, the many Batman-themed elements in Arrow may be an argument against Batman existing on Earth-1. E.g., the recurring Al-Ghul clan plotlines have conspicuously avoided any allusion to the Dark Knight. Meanwhile, we know for sure that one half of the “World’s Finest” team exists on Supergirl’s Earth-38.

Of course, this only means that it’s more plausible for a Batman-inspired Batwoman to originate from Earth-38. But since when have the Berlanti shows gone for plausibility? :word:

What I would love to see play out

Oh I really hope Supergirl or the evil version of Supergirl is still around when they introduce Batwoman have her causing mayhem in the city as Batwoman gets dropped out of the bat plane (due to budgets im betting it will be a bat bike lol) and evil Supergirl see's her.

Kara uses her x-ray vision to identify her but finds that Kane's cowl is lined with lead but still she see's enough to work out this is just a regular human woman. She moves towards Kane getting ready to deliver a likely lethal blow. As Kara is about to do so part of Kane's gauntlent around her finger begins to open and a kryptonite ring is revealed.

Then just rip the punch straight out of Hush.
http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=i&rc...aw0RLO4haPpAmslASUX8Jlmg&ust=1530357634007135

As far as I know, no Arrowverse show has explicitly mentioned a “Batman” (or “Batwoman”). But while they’ve all referenced Bruce Wayne and/or Gotham and/or Wayne Tech, only Supergirl has confirmed the existence of a vigilante crime fighter - strongly implied to be Batman.

Ironically, the many Batman-themed elements in Arrow may be an argument against Batman existing on Earth-1. E.g., the recurring Al-Ghul clan plotlines have conspicuously avoided any allusion to the Dark Knight. Meanwhile, we know for sure that one half of the “World’s Finest” team exists on Supergirl’s Earth-38.

Of course, this only means that it’s more plausible for a Batman-inspired Batwoman to originate from Earth-38. But since when have the Berlanti shows gone for plausibility? :word:
Maybe that'll be the spin; Batman is from Earth-38, but Batwoman originates from Earth-1; the writers are bound to tweak her origins anyway, so they could use elements of Batman that Arrow hasn't yet used.

I'm basing my speculation on the fact that all other crossovers have happened on Earth-1; there must be something special about that Earth.

Very true. But I don't think they've ever mentioned a gender...:gngl:

Very true. But I don't think they've ever mentioned a gender...:gngl:

I don't follow the CW shows enough to be able to confirm that, but if correct that's an interesting point! :sly:

Of course, we may not get a Bat Woman at all. They might just do Robin instead.

What are you guys on about? Batwoman was confirmed by Stephen.

Well, on the subject of Batwoman...

https://variety.com/2018/tv/news/batwoman-series-cw-1202874978/

Batwoman could soon be coming to the “Arrow”-verse.

Variety has learned that The CW is developing a series about the DC superhero that would debut in 2019 should it get picked up. News of the development comes after the network announced in May that the character would appear in the annual crossover event between four of the CW’s DC shows: “The Flash,” “Arrow,” “Legends of Tomorrow,” and “Supergirl.”

Variety has learned that The CW is developing a series about the DC superhero that would debut in 2019 should it get picked up.

I'm cautiously interested...

I guess there are two schools of thought vis-à-vis where this Batwoman should hail from.

1. Supergirl is all alone on Earth-38 - and could use some company. :word:

2. Earth-38 was, in retrospect, a “mistake.” So don’t compound the problem by adding new characters to it. Therefore, Batwoman goes to Earth-1.

If it's set in Gotham (where it should be) then it needs to be darker in tone, similar to Arrow, and needs a better writing team than what we currently have on Supergirl (#opinion).

I doubt it'll factor in either, but it would be great if (assuming it goes ahead) this show follows the Flash in that it doesn't have any gay, lesbian or transgender characters. It sometimes feels as though the other shows force that element a little more than they need too.

In any case, this would be that sixth DCCW show? Arrow, Flash, Legends, Supergirl, Black Lightning and Batwoman. I wonder whether this show would use the Batman villains (those that Ollie hasn't killed already) or whether they'll go original and simply create some - in addition to using villains that exist for her anyway.

For Batwoman and Arrow's introduction please give me a scene where Ollie investigates a dark alley pursuing some low level crooks he rounds a corner only to see they have already been subdued by an unknown vigilante who is wailing on the now incapacitated criminals with there back to Ollie, he tells the vigilante that's enough and to leave them but is ignored. He draws back a arrow in his bow for a final warning just as the vigilante punches them both unconscious.

Ollie unsure if this is friend or foe releases the arrow to which Batwoman spins round and catches it followed by her saying something like "Hello Mr. Queen" quick flash bang and she's gone.

Not surprised, called it from the moment it was announced she’d be in the crossover that it was a backdoor pilot for her own show. Still think it makes a lot more sense to put her on Earth-38 based on what they’ve established in the respective universes so far, they’re gonna do what they’re gonna do.

Not surprised, called it from the moment it was announced she’d be in the crossover that it was a backdoor pilot for her own show. Still think it makes a lot more sense to put her on Earth-38 based on what they’ve established in the respective universes so far, they’re gonna do what they’re gonna do.
I don't think it'll be Earth-38. I think it'll be Earth-1.

It was Stephen that made the announcement, and short of Supergirl, all the other shows take place on Earth-1 (with the exception of Black Lightning - we don't actually know where that one takes place yet). Supergirl (being on Earth-38) was a case of convenience because of how the show launched, and I suspect Black Lightning will be the same (as in, not on Earth-1).

If a show is specifically being launched after portraying said character in a crossover, it makes sense (I'd think) to launch it on Earth Prime.

Yes, I know it’s likely to be Earth-1, which is why I said what I said. It works better continuity-wise to be Earth-38, but they never worry about that, so whatever.

I would wish for Earth 38, mainly because Earth-1 is already so top heavy with heroes and I really want some Supergirl/Batwoman interactions on a regular basis. That, and because I really want Alex to be her main squeeze!

Which leads into,

I doubt it'll factor in either, but it would be great if (assuming it goes ahead) this show follows the Flash in that it doesn't have any gay, lesbian or transgender characters. It sometimes feels as though the other shows force that element a little more than they need too.

Batwoman is a lesbian. Kind of hard to ignore LGBT when the main character is right in that crowd. :woot:

Batwoman is a lesbian. Kind of hard to ignore LGBT when the main character is right in that crowd. :woot:

Exactly! And I notice that many of the announcements are emphasising that point :yay:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"