BATWOMAN News & Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Batwoman' started by Binker, Jul 17, 2018.

1. Flash525 The Scarlet Messenger

No, because for the most part, none of the straight relationships seem forced. See above; Alex & Anissa don't remotely bother me.

I'd like to think Batwoman will share the Arrow & Black Lightning tone of being darker and more serious. I think I'd struggle if a show set in Gotham was as light as Flash and/or Supergirl.

Evidently a portion of the CW writing team can't write for homosexual couples..

Edit:
    This is true, providing they don't focus too much on the relationship as Arrow has done in previous years.

I didn't think all relationships were complicated? Barry & Iris seem quite consistent, as does Clark & Lois.

2. Man in the Suit Greeting

Suuuuuuuure :lmao:

3. Flash525 The Scarlet Messenger

Essential Reading.

:sly:

4. m1ll3r Registered

I'd imagine this will be set on the same earth as Supergirl. Batman is already (kind of) established to exist on that world, so it makes sense for Batwoman to be set there too.

One thing is for certain. They HAVE to have permission to use Batman, even if it's very, very sparing. Trying to do a Batwoman TV show without referencing or showing Batman would be absolutely bloody idiotic. I can't see Berlanti and co agreeing to it.

I'm actually pretty hyped for this. A Bat TV show set in Gotham? Count me in.

Oh... and Kathy Kane is a lesbian. Don't like it? Don't watch.

5. DarthSkywalker May the Force Be With You

Would you like to name any long term straight couples on any of these shows that have been quality and not forced in the least?

Arrow is "dark", its never has been serious. Just mostly dumb.

Everyone on that staff can't write straight couples.

6. DarthSkywalker May the Force Be With You

I have no idea if Kathy Kane was a lesbian. Being a creation from back in the 50s, I doubt it. I do know Kate Kane is a lesbian and I seriously doubt this character would be Kathy, as opposed to Kate.

7. Fincher Coming Undone

What I mean is that she could exist in a world where there is no Batman like Spider-Gwen exists in a world without Spider-Man.

8. m1ll3r Registered

Kathy, Kate... same difference :woot:

9. DarthSkywalker May the Force Be With You

:hehe:

My best friend is a very big Batwoman fan, specifically of Kate. Thanks to her, I know there is a very big difference between Kathy and Kate. As in two completely different characters. :funny:

10. Flash525 The Scarlet Messenger

Bruce Wayne (and in turn Gotham) exist on Earth-1 too.

Curtis is gay, Alex and Anissa are Lesbians, and Sara is Bisexual. This doesn't stop me from watching any of the shows. I'm not homophobic or sickened by same-sex relationships/couples.

• Ollie & Laurel (back when)
    • Thea & Roy
    • Iris & Eddie
    • Iris & Barry (eventually)
    • Caitlin & Ronnie
    • Martin & Clarissa

Arrow is more serious in tone than any of the other shows.

11. Shinobi Shaw Hellfire Club's Black King

Who are some villains that she takes on in the comics? All I remember is Whisper A'Daire.

12. Flash525 The Scarlet Messenger

Green Fairy, Anarchy, Bronze Tiger?

I'd like to think we'd see characters such as the Harley Quinn, Riddler and Poison Ivy, but between their apperances in the DCEU and the Gotham prequel show, I'm not so sure. Then again, unless I'm mistaken, Gotham (the prequel tv show) will be on it's final run this year, so villains used there could be reused for Batwoman into Season 2 or 3 and beyond; Scarecrow, Mad Hatter, Riddler, Ivy (etc)?

13. Man in the Suit Greeting

The costume looks great!

[​IMG]

14. Shinobi Shaw Hellfire Club's Black King

Oh is the DC/Bat Embargo still a thing? I'm sort of rusty.

Anarchy would be cool. If Montoya is on the show, I'd hope they have the storyline with Two-Face being obsessed with her. Maybe that could set something up between him and Kate.

15. m1ll3r Registered

Yeah, I know. My bad. I guess I’m stuck in the past :woot:

16. Sithborg Oooh, plot twist!

I'm just trying to figure out where it will go on their schedule. Also, we really don't need another DC series. Unless this is a sign that Arrow is ending this year.

17. Dark Raven The Gal from Themyscira

Well, I don't mind a Batwoman series, but are they going to end up giving her all of Batman's rogue's gallery and plots, a bit like Supergirl?

And how is she debuting in the crossover anyway? Which earth is she from? Is she on Earth 38? Or somewhere else?

What sort of tone will this have? Something serious?

If she's a Jewish lesbian, maybe it will be like that dramedy Kissing Jessica Stein.

18. herolee10 No More Miracles

Personally, her sexuality isn't the issue that i see here.

It's the folks in charge of this show that I see as the biggest problems since if the other CW DCTV shows are of any indication, they will really hit audiences hard on the head with a lot of political stuff and go full Social Justice Warrior on everyone with their material.

This show won't be about Batwoman as much as it will be yet another avenue for the writers to express their political views.

Avenging Angel and britmotley like this.
  19. DarthSkywalker May the Force Be With You

Let's say I agree with you. I don't. But's lets say I do.That isn't even half the relationship on these shows. Meaning the majority of the straight relationship are forced. The two major ones on Arrow is all time forced.

Everyone of those with maybe the exception of of the last two are clearly forced, ridiculous and detriments to their shows. Iris and Barry have been awful. Ollie and Laurel was such a bad idea, with so little chemistry, they had to ditch it and that somehow got worse. Thea and Roy was contrived from the word go. Iris and and Eddie exist to break up, and don't have a real relationship beyond being an obstacle for Barry and Iris.

So how, even according to you, is that most?

Arrow is serious the same way BvS is considered serious. It's overtly dark and bleak, not serious.

20. Fincher Coming Undone

BvS is serious. It's not good, but it's serious. Dark and not serious would be something like The Evil Dead.

21. DarthSkywalker May the Force Be With You

Being angry and moody isn't serious imo. Its being overly dramatic and depressing, but not serious. The Winter Soldier, Civil War, Black Panther, Wonder woman. Those are far more serious films imo, then something like BvS or Arrow imo. Which are trying to be dark, gritty and "serious", and just turn into more of a parody of those ideas. Like the whole, "Darkness, No Parents" joke.

22. Dark Raven The Gal from Themyscira

I'm not sure if they should introduce Rene Montoya from the start. If they cast her and they haven't developed Kate Kane enough, then they could end up with two actresses who don't really have chemistry with each other.

It could be either like Barbara Gordon on Gotham, where they had to end up abandoning her as the wife of Commissioner Gordon, or how they keep forcing things upon viewers like Barry and Iris on the Flash, just because it's canonical. Or even how it was with Clark and Lana in Smallville.

I think let Kathy Kane develop and then later on introduce Rene. Either don't give KK a love interest at first, or give her a different one.

23. jmc away for a while

The fact the plot outline says the words ‘Social Justice’ has basically put a target on the show already, because whether the show creators like it or not that type of political messaging has become turn off for a lot of people. The evidence is starting to show that SJW type messaging doesn’t equal money or profits, mostly because the people who support those political views don’t actually buy the content.

Avenging Angel likes this.
  24. Primal Slayer Let the Siren scream

So if this makes it series....I wonder how many Batman villains they'll use as opposed to the growing slate of Batwoman villains we've steadily been seeing.

25. BestGirl Reluctantly following Vought's orders

The CW writers don't have a lot of choice when they must write more than 20 episodes a season.