Batwoman BATWOMAN News & Discussion Thread

I thought I read Superman was going to be in all three. So if someone is misplaced, maybe it's him.
Ohh, then I stand corrected. I'm not intrigued. It's certainly looking as thought it's another Earth-38 show. Can't quite imagine what's going to bring Ollie & Barry to Earth-38 though...

I'm looking forward to seeing him interact with everyone. Infact I wonder if he'll be mentioning Batman cause we know from Supergirl I think last season maybe season before when Jimmy spoke to Winn that Clark has a friend who wears a mask and Winn did the Batears.
Well, for all we know 'Clark's friend' may have been Batwoman all along. Everyone (myself included) took the implication that the mask-wearer and batears was Batman, but what if it was Batwoman all along?

The Arrow show has specifically mentioned Gotham and Bruce Wayne. The Supergirl show (to my knowledge) has only mentioned Gotham and Vigilantes (with bat ears); no mention of Bruce Wayne. I therefore wonder whether Batman doesn't exist on Earth-38.

Yeah I think that's definitely the route they're going down. I'm hoping it's literally only Barry and a Oliver that crossover from Earth 1.
I wouldn't mind Cisco making the trip either.
Probably Felicity and Iris will come along for the ride, because Ollie and Barry can't operate without them.
I expect we'll have Cisco because he can breach about, but I'm not seeing too much use for Felicity, Ralph, Iris, Diggle etc outside of their specific shows, and even then, I'm expecting small parts.

It certainly seems like they're dialling back on the excessive nature of the previous crossovers and scaling back on the characters (which they really needed to do in my opinion).

Ah yeah his pal could be Batwoman I suppose. I just don’t see why Batman can’t exist same as Superman did when we didn’t see him.

I’d be cool with Cisco coming across too.

Ah yeah his pal could be Batwoman I suppose. I just don’t see why Batman can’t exist same as Superman did when we didn’t see him.

I’d be cool with Cisco coming across too.
There isn't a reason, not really. It's just that DC/WB have currently said no. A Batwoman themed show (or introduction as it'll be) is the perfect way to introduce Batman, even if we never see him again.

Batman is DC/WB's prime hero, with Superman a close second. There's no logic to the executives motives, but these are the same clowns that had Deadshot, Waller and a bunch of other CW characters killed off as to not contaminate their DCEU (which makes no sense when they're two different universes, and we've already got the Flash). I believe there was even plans for a CW Harley Quinn, but that was scrapped [because].

Maybe the CW will SHOCK us, and we'll actually have a Batman present, but I think the most we can hope for is a dark figure resembling Batman from a distance with a line from Superman (to Barry, Ollie etc) that the masked vigilante doesn't play well with others, and thus is keeping his distance or something to that extent.

Maybe Batman’s dead. Not my favorite option obviously, but an option nonetheless.

Well, for all we know 'Clark's friend' may have been Batwoman all along. Everyone (myself included) took the implication that the mask-wearer and batears was Batman, but what if it was Batwoman all along?

The Arrow show has specifically mentioned Gotham and Bruce Wayne. The Supergirl show (to my knowledge) has only mentioned Gotham and Vigilantes (with bat ears); no mention of Bruce Wayne. I therefore wonder whether Batman doesn't exist on Earth-38

Unless I'm told differently, I'm just assuming this is E38's version of Batman. The comics have had gender-bending alternate universe versions before, so this can just be another.

or...

Maybe Batman’s dead. Not my favorite option obviously, but an option nonetheless.

It's definitely another option, though in this case, I hope it's more along the lines of the ending of DKR. They may not mention Batman, but what if she has contact every now and then with someone who just happens to remind us all of Bruce Wayne, though in E38 he's just assumed dead?

Assuming of course that Kate Kane is based on E38....

They could always say that Batman is dead and that his "death" inspired Kate into following his footsteps.

Ohh, then I stand corrected. I'm not intrigued. It's certainly looking as thought it's another Earth-38 show. Can't quite imagine what's going to bring Ollie & Barry to Earth-38 though...

The Arrow show has specifically mentioned Gotham and Bruce Wayne. The Supergirl show (to my knowledge) has only mentioned Gotham and Vigilantes (with bat ears); no mention of Bruce Wayne. I therefore wonder whether Batman doesn't exist on Earth-38.

I expect we'll have Cisco because he can breach about, but I'm not seeing too much use for Felicity, Ralph, Iris, Diggle etc outside of their specific shows, and even then, I'm expecting small parts.

It certainly seems like they're dialling back on the excessive nature of the previous crossovers and scaling back on the characters (which they really needed to do in my opinion).

Well both Barry and Iris are the Flash, so you can't have one without the other. And Felicity will need to help with gathering intel and any surveillance while being Oliver's moral compass and rock.

They could always say that Batman is dead and that his "death" inspired Kate into following his footsteps.

Be fine with that too! As long as it's believable and we don't get a pair of black boots hanging off the end of a gurney.:o

What if the plot of the crossover is Batwoman vs Superman: Dawn of Justice? Perhaps she's taking Batman's place and is about to kill him when the other heroes from Earth 1 show up.

Just no 'Martha' please. I can force myself to understand that in the movie, but that's it.

And if they did it better, or something similar I wouldn't mind. The one thing that would be missing would be the backstory that was built up with the prologue in BvS. The tone between this Supes and Snyder's are markedly different. The CW Supes is generally loved whereas Snyder's was not. (At least not until he died...)

What would Batwoman's motivation be for taking him out?

Just no 'Martha' please. I can force myself to understand that in the movie, but that's it.

And if they did it better, or something similar I wouldn't mind. The one thing that would be missing would be the backstory that was built up with the prologue in BvS. The tone between this Supes and Snyder's are markedly different. The CW Supes is generally loved whereas Snyder's was not. (At least not until he died...)

What would Batwoman's motivation be for taking him out?

Maybe Batwoman just likes fighting other people because she's full of angst.

Superman can throw out different mothers' names in an act of desperation:

"Save Nora... Moira... Alura... Eliza... someone's mother who ends in "a"! Anyone!"

"Save Nora... Moira... Alura... Eliza... someone's mother who ends in "a"! Anyone!"

:funny: I'm suddenly seeing that scene from Ted where Wahlberg rattles off all those names. I won't link it as I'm pretty sure there's some profanity.

Maybe Batwoman just likes fighting other people because she's full of angst.

LOL!! :woot:

Is Batwoman going to steal Arrow's voice changer? Maybe she'll say "swear to me!!!"

My memory is always suspect so I may be wrong on this

The episode where Supergirl references Clark's vigilante friend, didn't she say "He doesn't really like him very much"? My point is, has anybody in the series used any pronouns? That could tell us if the person with the pointy ears is Batman or Batwoman

Or maybe it's a transplanted Owl Man from Earth 3? (just kidding although I would like to see the Crime Syndicate in one of these Crossovers)

Or maybe it's a transplanted Owl Man from Earth 3? (just kidding although I would like to see the Crime Syndicate in one of these Crossovers)

So long as James Woods returns as Owlman!

Edit: I'm not for a moment saying that there's a chance in hell Woods would actually appear! Still, I can dream! :yay:

Last edited:

The episode where Supergirl references Clark's vigilante friend, didn't she say "He doesn't really like him very much"? My point is, has anybody in the series used any pronouns? That could tell us if the person with the pointy ears is Batman or Batwoman

I don't recall hearing any references to gender. But, just because I didn't hear doesn't mean it didn't happen.:cwink:

Well Ruby Rose does classify herself as "gender fluid" so he/ she, it's all the same to her. Could be Batman or Batwoman at any particular time.

Nope, there was no reference to gender in that scene. For everyone’s viewing pleasure here’s a YouTube video of every Batpeople reference on all four shows so far.
[YT]IYD2tOGm3X4[/YT]

Last edited:
Good Video, a lot of those are just easter eggs mind (we all know this already). I'm thinking Batwoman will exist on Earth-38 if I'm honest here. Lets look at why?

Earth-1 already has Arrow, Flash and the Legends. Earth-3 only has Supergirl. The crossover starts (or ends - I can't remember now) with Supergirl. Arrow is the middle show here, when it's usually the one to launch or conclude.

We also know that the Legends aren't going to feature. I figure it the events were happening on Earth-1, then (some of them at least) would be present, but if the events were happening elsewhere, then they'd not all need to be around. It's easy for Kara to enlist the help of Barry & Ollie than it is for them to get in touch with the Legends and enlist their assistance too.

Bruce Wayne exists on Earth-1, andBatman may exist there also, but I'm thinking Batwoman will be an Earth-38 show. Whether there's an Earth-38 Batman remains to be seen, though it'll be interesting to see how Batwoman came to be if there was no Batman to inspire her.

From the comic, it seems the only inspiration Batman has on Kane was in her look. She was already considering being a vigilante, (please corrections if I'm wrong,) though his arrival seems to be what finally made her decide to do it.

So, the only real question is, how does she come up with the image of a bat - if there is no Batman in reference? Is it still her father who comes up with the suit? Or will they create a whole new reference point?

From the comic, it seems the only inspiration Batman has on Kane was in her look. She was already considering being a vigilante, (please corrections if I'm wrong,) though his arrival seems to be what finally made her decide to do it.

So, the only real question is, how does she come up with the image of a bat - if there is no Batman in reference? Is it still her father who comes up with the suit? Or will they create a whole new reference point?
It could depend on whether the Batwoman persona exists when we meet her, or whether she's simply Katie Kane. Maybe there's a reference (or dare I say it, scene) in the crossover with Earth-1 Batman (we can wish, right, hah), who Katie then takes inspiration from.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"