Batwoman BATWOMAN News & Discussion Thread

Maybe this is set after Bane and Knightfall and she's currently the only Bat member still patrolling?

Could have Bruce have gone missing with Dick busy in Bludhaven or the Titans, Tim only beginning his own investigation into the missing dynamic duo and Damien as a potential big bad for Batwoman to seek help fighting?

Maybe she pulls Ollie out of prison to help her after Damien hospitalises Dick?

Lord what if they introduce Jason Todd as the Red Hood as her first nemesis?!

That's a lot of Bat-characters to reference directly, something they seem to have shied away from so far.

Maybe this is set after Bane and Knightfall and she's currently the only Bat member still patrolling?

Could have Bruce have gone missing with Dick busy in Bludhaven or the Titans, Tim only beginning his own investigation into the missing dynamic duo and Damien as a potential big bad for Batwoman to seek help fighting?

Maybe she pulls Ollie out of prison to help her after Damien hospitalises Dick?

Lord what if they introduce Jason Todd as the Red Hood as her first nemesis?!

Who are you talking about? Damien Darkh? If so, he'd be a bit too magical for Batwoman.

so how will the stories be set up?

Who are Batwoman's villains-- more specifically, the non-"Batman" villains?

Does "Batman" exist in this world?

so how will the stories be set up?

Who are Batwoman's villains-- more specifically, the non-"Batman" villains?

Does "Batman" exist in this world?
There's been lots of speculation as to whether Batman exists, has ever existed, is maybe currently out of action due to Knightfall, or is even dead. That's assuming they even deal with the Batman question at all. Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if he still doesn't get a direct mention.

Mentioning him in a real fashion beyond whether he does -or did- exist would become troublesome. There is already an expectation similar to Superman as to when will he show up, and since they do not have the rights to use him, I would doubt that they would want to load the expectation more than it already is. You can't give a teaser to possible story lines without knowing whether or not they would be able to use him at all in future seasons.
The safe bet would be to start off with her already as Batwoman and just say that Batman died or is simply believed dead with very little doubt on that. On the other hand, if the story is that Bane defeated Batman and he disappeared, then you know people will be expecting it as a given that he will appear at a later date.
Best bet, says he died. If it turns out that they make a deal where they can use Batman at a later date than they can either bring him back from the 'dead' or introduce an alternate universe Batman.

There's also the point that's been made by many about the makers not wanting Superman to overshadow Supergirl. The same could apply here. Even if they can't show Batman, his mere mention and the expectation that goes along with that could be seen as counterproductive when they're looking to establish Batwoman.

I can't see Batgirl, Nightwing and Robin being on the the show. But I'm still interested if the show will address or show the other members of the Bat Family like Huntress, Spoiler etc. My guess is that Batman "died" (but really he retired).

Last edited:
WB won't allow Batman or WW to appear on a CW show, at least in near future.

Milk Tray Guy wrote
"For some reason when I read that I hear RoboCop..."
(for some reason quotes are not working for me right now.)

Something Murphey could say after the fifth or sixth sequel/reboot!

Milk Tray Guy wrote
"For some reason when I read that I hear RoboCop..."
(for some reason quotes are not working for me right now.)

Something Murphey could say after the fifth or sixth sequel/reboot!
:funny: :up:

Superman-_Batman_TV_Series.jpg
As of now (2018), except "Smallville" and "Gotham" TV series:
- The latest Superman TV series was "Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman" 1993-1997 (it has been 21 years).
- The latest Batman TV series was "Batman" 1966-1968 (it has been 50 years).
How long the audience have to wait for new Superman/Batman TV series? DC Comics should make more movies for other characters instead of them, we have enough of Superman/Batman movies already, it's time for new Superman/Batman TV series.

When are we going to get other casting news on the Batwoman front for other related characters?

And has this series even been greenlit?

And has this series even been greenlit?

It hasn't, no. They won't make a decision until after the crossover, most likely. For now they're only going to cast for whoever's in the crossover, like Nora Fries.

It hasn't, no. They won't make a decision until after the crossover, most likely. For now they're only going to cast for whoever's in the crossover, like Nora Fries.

Is Mr Freeze in the crossover?

Jeremy Davies has been cast in the role of Dr. John Deegan in the upcoming three-night event. Dr. Deegan is a doctor at Arkham Asylum For the Criminally Insane in Gotham City, but he might just be crazier than the inmates he treats. His machinations will draw Green Arrow, the Flash and Supergirl to Gotham City.

I really don't like that poster with Ollie up front with his "stand back, let a real man handle this" attitude (said with his voice changer) while his sidekicks remain in the background, particularly Kara who might need some protection.

They are equal 'partners' though, and since it is only their three shows, someone has to be in the middle. It could have been any one, and since this crossover does start on Arrow, he might as well be center.

I really don't like that poster with Ollie up front with his "stand back, let a real man handle this" attitude (said with his voice changer) while his sidekicks remain in the background, particularly Kara who might need some protection.
Arrow is the parent show, and Oliver is the oldest character with the most experience in the field. Makes perfect sense to me.

Arrow is the parent show, and Oliver is the oldest character with the most experience in the field. Makes perfect sense to me.
After Superman, of course. ;)

Yes, I know he's not one of the leads.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"