Batwoman BATWOMAN News & Discussion Thread

Just to compare/contrast what we got with the BOP TV show years back
91ad21608f62b52b81de20bb106d5550.jpg

Body suit, that's what Batwoman should've looked like.

No way. That looks like a Schumacher suit.

Yeah I think the cowl does make her look a bit too much like a female Batman and not a Batwoman...I know that sounds nonsensical, but there is a distinction between the two :hehe:

There's an IRL practical reason the women's capes (Supergirl, Overgirl, Reign) are shorter than the men's (Superman, Mon-El). Those capes are heavy and for the Women are under their suits and supported by a stiff corset that distributes the weight so it's not all on the actresses shoulders and upper back. Since corsets don't look good on men their capes are over their suits and attached by shoulder clips, which everyone complained about, so they can be quickly removed between takes to take the weight of the actors backs.
How did I miss this wonderful post?

I think my biggest gripe is the lack of red gloves and boots. It's just a blah black body suit.

Unlike others here, I actually like the cowl.

Honestly I don't mind the suit, or the cape. It's the cowl that doesn't look right, or feel right to me. I don't know what I was expecting, specifically, but … I don't know, it just feels off.

It’s a bad suit to go along with a terrible image.

The cape is the only kind of iffy thing here. Not terrible, but it does look kind of flimsy. But we'll see how it looks in motion. Also I wish that the boots and gloves were red as well.

But for the most part, it looks good and surprisingly comic accurate.

Well, looks like Batwoman.

Something feels off about it. I know I'm not feeling the inside of the cape. Certainly not feeling the pose.

Her mask seems a bit closer to Batman's than I would've expected. I do like it though. And I like the wig.

Maybe it's the material, but it reminds me of what you'd see in those cheap "sexy" Halloween costumes we see each year. Maybe it's too close to whatever is used for those (in terms of how it looks in a photograph). I'll wait for more pics and footage. But, for now I think it's ok.

Just to compare/contrast what we got with the BOP TV show years back
91ad21608f62b52b81de20bb106d5550.jpg

Body suit, that's what Batwoman should've looked like.
I really did like this one.

The cape is the only kind of iffy thing here. Not terrible, but it does look kind of flimsy. But we'll see how it looks in motion. Also I wish that the boots and gloves were red as well.

But for the most part, it looks good and surprisingly comic accurate.
Yep, have to say I'm pleasantly surprised.

Why are there stripes over her boobs? So weird.

I read that as boots at first! I was thinking what is wrong with stripes on her boots..? Actually I don't mind it at all. It looks a little like a bustier.

My one gripe is the fabric. And the cape. The suit should be leather or at least leather-like. Cloth just comes off as a little cheap looking to me and far less like armor than anything. As for the cape, I was trying to think what looked off about it, and then Snow Queen mentioned Party City... I can't get that out of my head now. It needs to be longer and lose the scalloped edges..

Everything else looks very good.
I think my biggest gripe is the lack of red gloves and boots. It's just a blah black body suit.

Unlike others here, I actually like the cowl.

I'm with you there. I like that cowl. It's not comically accurate, but it looks good.

To be honest, there are so many ways in which they could have done so much wrong all over with this. For a first suit, it's good. For me, it's an 8 in the Pleasing Scale.

What we need to keep in mind is that any Batwoman series has not even been approved yet, so for a suit that may be used infrequently, it actual looks above par. If they do approve a series, I would assume that they would pump more money into the suit and refine its look. Maybe get the cowl looking more like BWs, a better cape and a suit that looks like armor.

And how knows, perhaps this is Batwoman as she is first starting out, and she made the suit in her apartment ala Catwoman?

Last edited:
To be honest, there are so many ways in which they could have done so much wrong all over with this. For a first suit, it's good. For me, it's an 8 in the Pleasing Scale.
Exactly what I thought! :up:

I think she looks neat.

Let’s see how her Batwoman voice goes.

As long as she does it deep and not gutteral like Bale, I'll be happy.

What if she does an Ollie voice instead where he goes deeper even with the voice changer?

Honestly, voice-changers make sense. For these types of characters, knowing the tech is out there, they'd seem stupid NOT to use voice-changers in an effort to conceal their identity, considering they're going to be talking to law enforcement and possibly people that they know, and the cost of getting found out is prison or worse.

Honestly, voice-changers make sense. For these types of characters, knowing the tech is out there, they'd seem stupid NOT to use voice-changers in an effort to conceal their identity, considering they're going to be talking to law enforcement and possibly people that they know, and the cost of getting found out is prison or worse.
Especially if you're a well-known public figure, e.g. millionaire businessman/philanthropist.

Looking at the pic again, I think the suit needs more red and better utility belt.

Does comic book Batwoman change her voice? Can't remember an instance where it was mentioned. I'm guessing she won't change her voice in this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"