Batwoman BATWOMAN News & Discussion Thread

I wanted to watch all 3 parts of the crossover together in one sitting. Does Hulu still stream the CW shows? Or are there links online to watch them at once? I hate having to sit thru commercials and not having the ability to skip thru CW soap opera-y bs :halo:

I wanted to watch all 3 parts of the crossover together in one sitting. Does Hulu still stream the CW shows? Or are there links online to watch them at once? I hate having to sit thru commercials and not having the ability to skip thru CW soap opera-y bs :halo:
They should all be up on the CW app and website, but that probably contains ads.

They should all be up on the CW app and website, but that probably contains ads.
Perfect, I don't necessarily mind the ads, it's primarily the inability to skip thru the cringe-worthy dialogue I've grown to hate on these shows.

Oh ok that should work nicely for you then, lol.

And have to wait till the next day. Grrr

she only been in the Beeboverse five minutes but already has a the Best theme in the Beeboverse

I liked what they did with Batwoman for the most part, but I thought Ruby Rose was pretty bad.

Not sure yet. They're having her play it kind of straightforward, wry and sardonic, and that flies in the face of like, everything we're used to regarding Batman, less stoic, badass, etc.

I do like the way she played it. I think a Bat should be pretty straight forward, such as a no-nonsense 'get out!' to people she doesn't want around. And keep in mind, there was only so much time they could give to her for dialog, so not much time to mince words. They used up most of her talking time with Kara.

Here's a question. Barry risked asking for a ride in the Batmobile.
Do you think Kate Kane should have a Batmobile like Batman or a cycle like in the comics?

Personally, I prefer a form of the Batmobile, but they might decide to go with an easier-to-use bike like Oliver.

Do you think Kate Kane should have a Batmobile like Batman or a cycle like in the comics?

Well… if it’s still around, maybe they could borrow the Tumbler. :batman: But I doubt the CW would spring for the design and construction of a new Batmobile (especially for the pilot - which may not lead to a series). A motorcycle is cheaper. :cwink:

Here's a question. Barry risked asking for a ride in the Batmobile.

She probably use a Batmobile that Bruce was developing but didn't finish before he left Gotham.

The entire "walk up to the Bat-suit" scene was too much IMO. Her face acting was awful and too forced and the music only seemed to emphasize the overacting on screen.

She played Kate well initially I thought, but was pretty wooden in some scenes.

The only scene I loved was the one with her and Supergirl, her worlds finest line was great.

The entire "walk up to the Bat-suit" scene was too much IMO. Her face acting was awful and too forced and the music only seemed to emphasize the overacting on screen.

She played Kate well initially I thought, but was pretty wooden in some scenes.

The only scene I loved was the one with her and Supergirl, her worlds finest line was great.

I think that was more the director than the actor. Except for that take, she suited herself pretty well with the character, in and out of costume. The director though appears to favor super hero 'posing,' an example being the over exaggerated shirt rip and hands-on-hips that Supergirl was doing. Every other scene with Kane/Batwoman was done with a little more ease and a touch of no-nonsense attitude.

In fact, that last talk with Supergirl is probably more an example of her acting than the other.

Well… if it’s still around, maybe they could borrow the Tumbler. :batman: But I doubt the CW would spring for the design and construction of a new Batmobile (especially for the pilot - which may not lead to a series). A motorcycle is cheaper. :cwink:

Sadly that may be the case. I can only hope that they surprise us with some cool, sleek tank on wheels. Something maybe like the BvS Batmobile...:D

With Ollie having Diggle, Felicity, Curtis, Renee & Dinah,
Barry having Cisco, Frosty, Iris & Ralph,
Kara having Alex, Brainy & John,
The Legends having each other,
and Pierce having his daughters and Gambi

...I wonder whether Batwoman will have any supporting characters; would they allow (a) Robin? Bluebird? Clayface? Batwing? Alfred will no doubt play a part I assume.

...I wonder whether Batwoman will have any supporting characters; would they allow (a) Robin? Bluebird? Clayface? Batwing? Alfred will no doubt play a part I assume.

It’s a personal pet peeve that the DC/CW “solo” superheroes have substantial support networks behind them: Team Arrow, Team Flash, etc. I guess I fancy the romanticism (and melancholy?) of the solitary hero. Now, I get that - for the sake of variety - at least one of the shows might be more team oriented. But it seems to be the template for every one of them.

That said, even jaded/cynical Batman had his Alfred; and Batwoman probably needs one or two allies.

Who's the dude in the gold mask?

Who's the dude in the gold mask?

Psycko-Pirate. He played a big part in the Crisis comic. They may need a better actor though...:o

why does the Batwoman costume come with a red wig?

It's just part of the disguise.

With Ollie having Diggle, Felicity, Curtis, Renee & Dinah,
Barry having Cisco, Frosty, Iris & Ralph,
Kara having Alex, Brainy & John,
The Legends having each other,
and Pierce having his daughters and Gambi

I did hear they were looking to include her father, her sister and Montoya, as well as Batwing and Flamebird.

It’s a personal pet peeve that the DC/CW “solo” superheroes have substantial support networks behind them: Team Arrow, Team Flash, etc. I guess I fancy the romanticism (and melancholy?) of the solitary hero. Now, I get that - for the sake of variety - at least one of the shows might be more team oriented. But it seems to be the template for every one of them.That said, even jaded/cynical Batman had his Alfred; and Batwoman probably needs one or two allies.
I think, if it was a miniseries, or maybe even a reduced arc (12 episodes?) then the solo approach may have worked out, but there's simply too many episodes for the respective shows to focus on one character. The team allows for variation.

I did hear they were looking to include her father, her sister and Montoya, as well as Batwing and Flamebird.
I know of Batwing and Flamebird only by name, but it's nice to see they're being brought into the fold. I just hope they (unlike Lightning and Thunder) aren't brought into the game too early.

I wouldn't really mind it if Batman never shows up, after seeing what they've done with Superman. (Though I liked the performance)

They would probably have Bruce say that Batwoman is doing a much better job than he ever did, so there is no need for Batman anymore...

Tbh I'm sure Batman's "disappearance" will remain a mystery until CW can actually use Batman.

Which is fine. We've had so many Batmen over the years that having someone different is a good thing. Never mind that they may have Batmen on Gotham and Titans... I want something a little different and Batwoman fits the bill!

Which is fine. We've had so many Batmen over the years that having someone different is a good thing. Never mind that they may have Batmen on Gotham and Titans... I want something a little different and Batwoman fits the bill!

Well we haven't really seen him a lot on tv... (I'm not counting the movies) In Gotham it's just young Bruce Wayne, not the actual Batman, and he still has to show up on Titans after 10 episodes.... And when he does it's probably just a short scene. We haven't had a live action Batman tv show since Adam West.

But I don't know a lot about Batwoman so at least the storylines in the show will be new to me. I'll give the show a chance

Well we haven't really seen him a lot on tv... (I'm not counting the movies) In Gotham it's just young Bruce Wayne, not the actual Batman, and he still has to show up on Titans after 10 episodes.... And when he does it's probably just a short scene. We haven't had a live action Batman tv show since Adam West.

But I don't know a lot about Batwoman so at least the storylines in the show will be new to me. I'll give the show a chance

I never watched Gotham. Was never interested in Gotham without its best known resident. And I haven't seen Titans yet, as it is yet another streaming site I'm not paying for. I may do the free trial some time and binge before cancelling.

As to Batwoman, they just need to approve it, like now already! I want to wake up someday real soon with the headline that CW has approved the Batwoman series.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"