Batwoman BATWOMAN News & Discussion Thread

I never watched Gotham. Was never interested in Gotham without its best known resident. And I haven't seen Titans yet, as it is yet another streaming site I'm not paying for. I may do the free trial some time and binge before cancelling.

As to Batwoman, they just need to approve it, like now already! I want to wake up someday real soon with the headline that CW has approved the Batwoman series.

Yeah same reason for me why I'm not watching Gotham. I tried the first 3 episodes when it started, but after 10 seasons of Smallville teasing Superman, (And never getting him) I just couldn't go through that again with Batman... At least with 'Batwoman' we'll get the actual character.

And I was under the impression that the Batwoman series was already a sure thing? So I guess they want to see her some more on Arrow before they make a decision?

And I was under the impression that the Batwoman series was already a sure thing? So I guess they want to see her some more on Arrow before they make a decision?

They haven't fully approved for a full series yet but they're going to film the pilot next year. We're gotta hope that the pilot it is received well by the network and the audience.

They haven't fully approved for a full series yet but they're going to film the pilot next year. We're gotta hope that the pilot it is received well by the network and the audience.

If a pilot is rejected by the network, it isn't typically shown to the public.

If a pilot is rejected by the network, it isn't typically shown to the public.
I think what he's saying is that if the network like the pilot and they show it he hopes the audience then like it as well.

I never watched Gotham. Was never interested in Gotham without its best known resident. And I haven't seen Titans yet, as it is yet another streaming site I'm not paying for. I may do the free trial some time and binge before cancelling.

As to Batwoman, they just need to approve it, like now already! I want to wake up someday real soon with the headline that CW has approved the Batwoman series.
Well the pilot doesn’t even film til April, and they likely wouldn’t order it to series til they see the pilot, so I’m sorry to say that headline won’t be coming that soon, lol.

After that Arkham Asylum riot during Elseworlds I can't wait to see which villains pop up.

I dont know if it was the smartest decision to start Batwoman off with her living in a hell hole that was Gotham. Wayne Enterprises being entirely shut down? The City on the brink of being uninhabitable? What is left that makes criminals want to stay around? She will definitely need a team to help clean this city up.

Sounds like shes getting one, and a city in chaos is a great place for a criminal to be. It's like a reset back to pre-Gotham Batman, with police on the take and rival crime families everywhere.

I'm sure the pilot will provide context on why Gotham looks like a dead city and how Bruce Wayne absence has effected Gotham. Maybe one of Kate Kane goals in the series is to provide jobs for the folks in Gotham and she is converting Wayne Enterprise into real estate development firm which suggests that she wants to make Gotham great.

I'm sure the pilot will provide context on why Gotham looks like a dead city and how Bruce Wayne absence has effected Gotham. Maybe one of Kate Kane goals in the series is to provide jobs for the folks in Gotham and she is converting Wayne Enterprise into real estate development firm which suggests that she wants to make Gotham great.
Lets hope she has better luck than Ollie then; he's spent the past seven years trying to do the same with Star City and he keeps coming up short, and we know (from the flash forwards) that he ultimately fails and that Star City goes to ****.

Lets hope she has better luck than Ollie then; he's spent the past seven years trying to do the same with Star City and he keeps coming up short, and we know (from the flash forwards) that he ultimately fails and that Star City goes to ****.
Ollie went from billionaire with a nightclub
to mayor with a wife who pays for everything
to an ex-con with an apartment and a wife who still pays for everything.

oliver has never been good with money. He was such a terrible billionaire lol

Well it's quite possible the crooks are trying to keep Gotham profitable and worth living in.
Penguin might be running his bar and fencing stuff.
Can't see them tolerating clowns though!

From what we saw, it doesn't look like a 'dead' city.

Yeah, I thought this was a forgone conclusion, if not already established.

Whatever. Bring it.

Yeah I didn’t know the pilot wasn’t already a done deal, but at least we know who’s directing it now.

Great news! I've never watched Vampire Diaries so I don't know Caroline Dries' work. Is she good?
As for Nutter. Damn, the man's got some cred!

Let's hope the pilot will be great. I expect that they will release the pilot in the Fall.

Yes so happy to hear I was really pleasantly surprised my Ruby and that suit was incredible.

Wish they had saved her deducing Kara's identity for her actual show how awesome would it have been to see them recreate this in live action.

Well it's quite possible the crooks are trying to keep Gotham profitable and worth living in.
Penguin might be running his bar and fencing stuff.
Can't see them tolerating clowns though!
Had to give you a like for Darkwing lol haven't seen a picture of him in years. LETS GET DANGEROUS! :funny:

A modest bit of sleuthing… :shr:

Back in August of 2018, Mark Pedowitz (CW prez) said this about Batwoman: "We'll do a pilot for mid-season, whether it goes to series, I cannot tell you."

CW President gives ‘Batwoman’ update, says no Batman

So we’re forgiven for thinking this “breaking news!” is no such thing.

Now, perhaps there is a technical/“inside baseball” difference between the August announcement by Pedowitz and the more recent one; but if so, trade sites Deadline, etc. should mention it. ...IMO. :word:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"