Batwoman BATWOMAN News & Discussion Thread

I will say, the people who would go see this at Comic Con are the ones most likely to like it. So, grain of salt and all.

I can’t wait till we can judge for ourselves. I like the Arrowverse shows and I’m hoping I’ll like Batwoman. We’ll see in October. But I’m one of the few that liked the first trailer so idk.

Have to say, I like this gif!
giphy.gif

As to all the reviews, I haven't read most of them, as I am trying to avoid even mild spoilers, but they sound like most reviews for any show. Some will love it and some will hate it. I don't think the show runners did themselves any favors by the social angle they've chosen, but I am still liking most of what I am seeing, and hearing.

Until I see it, I'll be giving the naysayers a little bit of shoulder.

Have to say, I like this gif!
giphy.gif

As to all the reviews, I haven't read most of them, as I am trying to avoid even mild spoilers, but they sound like most reviews for any show. Some will love it and some will hate it. I don't think the show runners did themselves any favors by the social angle they've chosen, but I am still liking most of what I am seeing, and hearing.

Until I see it, I'll be giving the naysayers a little bit of shoulder.
CW superhero shows are graded on a massive curve imo. People hating pilots are not a norm. At all.

Last edited:
CW superhero shows are graded on a massive curve imo. People hating pilots are not a norm. At all.

But is it hate for the show, or hate for the message (heavily) implied? Backlash could easily lead to conflating a dislike for the 'message' to a dislike for the pilot in general, and there has certainly been a lot of backlash associated with this, from the choice of lead and how that lead was chosen, to the overzealous, feminine push in the trailers/teasers. Someone going in with a preset bias of dislike may then view the entirety through that narrow focus.
Conversely, someone who really likes that social justice message may like in its entirety more because of that, while also viewing it with that same narrow focus.
Keeping that in mind, I'm edging on the side of cautiously optimistic

I mean, let's be real, most CW pilots are trash, or "ok at best." Like, no one's favorite episode of any of the DC shows is the pilot. The Flash or Black Lightning probably had the best pilots of the lot, but those were still hardly representative of the best of what those shows ended up offering. SG and LoT had extra-terrible pilots. So the question is, is this bad even by those standards, or just...the usual?

Ruby Rose will not be at SDCC due to production issues.

I will definitly give it a chance either way, dont really care much for reviewers etc.
Yeah they give you a bit of a idea but in the end i make my own opinion.

I see potential in this, but from what i have seen so far of this all...im not fully impressed.
We will see how this turns out.

My only issues is that the dialogue will be awful, it will be extremely preachy when it covers feminism and Kate Kane will be a patronising woman when she's around a man. I will still give this show a chance by judging it for myself when the show will released but I don't have high hopes. Judging by some of the reviews this pilot sounds very similiar to Arrow's pilot. Even if the plot is crap, I just hope there will be some cool action scenes which was the case with Arrow's pilot.

Just to be fair, I did find one positive review about the pilot on Twitter so we shouldn't dismiss it immediately without viewing the pilot first:

Last edited:
I mean, let's be real, most CW pilots are trash, or "ok at best." Like, no one's favorite episode of any of the DC shows is the pilot. The Flash or Black Lightning probably had the best pilots of the lot, but those were still hardly representative of the best of what those shows ended up offering. SG and LoT had extra-terrible pilots. So the question is, is this bad even by those standards, or just...the usual?
Considering how well even those poor pilots reviewed, chances are it is bad by even those standards.

My only issues is that the dialogue will be awful, it will be extremely preachy when it covers feminism and Kathy Kane will be a patronising woman when she's around a man. I will still give this show a chance by judging it for myself when the show will released but I don't have high hopes. Judging by some of the reviews this pilot sounds very similiar to Arrow's pilot. Even if the plot is crap, I just hope there will be some cool action scenes which was the case with Arrow's pilot.

Just to be fair, I did find one positive review about the pilot on Twitter so we shouldn't dismiss it immediately without viewing the pilot first:

Kathy Kane is the original Batwoman. Kate Kane, who is a completely different character, is not called Kathy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"