Batwoman BATWOMAN News & Discussion Thread

I guess if your show is to piss off the alt right, might as go all out, I guess.

Rachel Maddow Joins The CW's 'Batwoman' (Exclusive)
Granted, it’s stunt casting - which the Arrowverse hardly ever does. :o

But as the article mentions, Maddow did an introduction to the 2010 hardback edition of Rucka’s Elegy. So there is a connection. Sorta. And (apparently) the Vesper Fairchild character will be an off-screen (voice only) critic of Batwoman - which might be fun.

Also, Maddow is a pretty good writer. (Dr. Maddow received her DPhil from Oxford.) So maybe she’ll get to compose (or at least edit) Fairchild’s anti-Batwoman commentaries. ;nd

And let's not forget she was "the first choice" or "the first person who walked in the room"! I love that one. They were all the first people who walked in the room for each role. Hey, maybe that's how their audition process works now!

Cant wait for them to constantly go on about her "being the best for the role" "she blew it away" BUT....maybe she'll grow into it....it happens...
I think it is less about her figuring out the role, and her just not being a good actress. For all the issues with the first season of Supergirl, from the moment I saw Melissa Benoist as Kara, she had me. I believed she was Kal-El's awesome cousin. God I just realized, they gave Kate the same status with Bruce. :lmao:

And let's not forget she was "the first choice" or "the first person who walked in the room"! I love that one. They were all the first people who walked in the room for each role. Hey, maybe that's how their audition process works now!
I can believe she was their first choice and the one they wanted for the part, because they sure as hell didn't hire her based on any talent displayed. I feel pretty confident in the idea they just wanted to hire her and then made a big deal out of their "open casting call for LGBTQ+ people" for easy publicity afterwards.

All these things are true, when you are the only one they actually audition. :o

On a more serious note, this does feel a bit like the Cavill/Witcher situation. They saw a chance to cast someone they thought would go over well, that has a bit of name and they snapped at the chance. Which to me sucks, because that isn't how they went about casting the other leads and for the most part, that worked out pretty well.

Also it makes me wonder how much they knew about Rose other then she is semi-well known queer actress. Because she isn't exactly beloved in the LGBTQ+ community.

So there's a line in that promo towards the end- the "You're not Batman" line. Hey, it could've been the Boy Wonder, too. Did the guy think about that? Dick got shafted right there.

No one say anything.

Cant wait for them to constantly go on about her "being the best for the role" "she blew it away" BUT....maybe she'll grow into it....it happens...
I feel like this happened with Melissa and SG, as when you watch that pilot and first couple episodes, she played up the "adorkable" factor a lot more there than in the rest of the show. But even in that pilot she was goddamn Meryl Streep compared to this. This will require some major growth.

I feel like this happened with Melissa and SG, as when you watch that pilot and first couple episodes, she played up the "adorkable" factor a lot more there than in the rest of the show. But even in that pilot she was goddamn Meryl Streep compared to this. This will require some major growth.
This had no effect on my opinion. :o

No matter how strongly anyone expresses that sentiment it will still be an understatement.

I anticipate Rose will be… adequate. I thought she was okay in the Elseworlds crossover; and I don’t see why things should be different in this series. Granted, some reviewers have complained that the character is too stoic, too taciturn, etc., But few say that Rose’s performance is the main problem in an otherwise excellent execution of the material.

Indeed, Batwoman’s weakest link will be - almost certainly - the writing. Because the weakest link on all the Arrowverse shows is the writing. :word:

I guess we find out tonight.

When I first read about the premise for this series here I assumed it meant she had been kicked out of the military academy and turned to vigilantism to cope with her past.
Bruce finds out about her and as Batman helps her out getting her the training and the equipment to commence her eventual career as Batwoman.
That suit we see in the teaser is actually hers and not Batman's and her comment is about making it different enough so she isn't mistaken for the Bat.
I'd have rather have them start the series say in New York and not Gotham so we get to see the Crows develop their reputation and introduce the White Rabbit who causes major havoc before moving on with the Crows having to clean up the resulting mess.
However Kate has arrived to meet her father and encounters her former girlfriend whose now married to another member of the Crows organisation.
Her girlfriend is kidnapped by the White Rabbit and Kate initially tries to pursue ending up being rescued by the Red Robin.
He's come to ask for her help, Bruce has gone missing or after being beaten by Bane has had to go on a prolonged vacation to deal with the resulting injuries either way the Bat Family asks for Kate's help to fill in for the Bat whilst they try to cope with the other areas Bruce deals with as Batman.
For example Nightwing is in Bludhaven, Red Robin is covering Chicago whilst Oracle is currently based New York with the intention of going back to Gotham.
Bringing her suit the pair go after the White Rabbit but she gets away but not before Kate rescues her former girlfriend.
Her father deliberately prevents her getting involved in the hunt for the White Rabbit.
This leads Kate to agree to the Bat Family's request in return for Oracle helping her investigate the White Rabbit.
However someone notices Barbara asking questions and the White Rabbit and her gang burst in on her resulting in Kate rescuing her albeit after Barbara pretty much beats up a number of the White Rabbit's gang which the villainess wrongly assumes is Batwoman's doing.
Now there's clear suspicion someone in the Crows is helping the White Rabbit and Kate definitely wants to find out who and why unaware the villainess is her deranged twin sister whose been helping their father's business by causing havoc for his company to clean up.
However their latest target is Gotham and Gotham's underworld are not going to take their activities so kindly!

Now I'd like their pilot and series premise to be better than that!

Is that too much to ask for?

Anyone know the logic of airing this at 8pm slot instead of 9pm? I mean isn’t this show “darker” than Supergirl? Plus you would have an established show like Supergirl to lead you in...just thought it was strange needlessly moving Supergirl from its current time slot for...Batwoman of all things

When does this premiere? I wanna check out the first 2-3 episodes. I need to set that DVR.

Anyone know the logic of airing this at 8pm slot instead of 9pm? I mean isn’t this show “darker” than Supergirl? Plus you would have an established show like Supergirl to lead you in...just thought it was strange needlessly moving Supergirl from its current time slot for...Batwoman of all things
This has baffled me since it was announced. The only thing I can think of is that 9pm is the tougher timeslot (against TWD) and they'd rather have an established show there? IDK. SG's ratings are definitely gonna take a hit and I agree that having it as a lead-in would've probably helped this show, so it seems like a dumb move to me.

When does this premiere? I wanna check out the first 2-3 episodes.
Tonight at 8pm EST.

I almost forgot too, that AND Supergirl, which I want to see if I can jump back in this season after losing interest a couple seasons ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"