Batwoman BATWOMAN News & Discussion Thread

Blurry.

But not blurry enough to hide that his costume was terrible.

Missed the show...forgot it was on tonight. Not really interested in watching but any Batman is scene is worth seeing once. Show looks terrible, even for CW standards.

Blurry.

But not blurry enough to hide that his costume was terrible.
:csad:

My feelings about this show mirror my feelings about the Birds of Prey movie. Initial excitement that has steadily dropped. Dare I ask, how was Ruby Rose?

My feelings about this show mirror my feelings about the Birds of Prey movie. Initial excitement that has steadily dropped. Dare I ask, how was Ruby Rose?
She was....fine. I don't think she was particularly good, but she wasn't terrible either.

Not good. But tbh, the episode on the whole wasn’t as bad as I’d expected. I do think there’s potential for improvement...IF Rose herself can improve.

Like many, i expected worse from it.
Despite the usual CW like flaws the show has, there is much potential to be found.

How was the glimpse of Batman in the show?

Like a stuntman wearing a really cheap looking Batsuit, in brief shots, disguised poorly with effects.

Exactly the same as Titans.

Bit still better than that travesty on Gotham.

...when will these people learn that unless you can do Batman’s look and demeanour justice, just don’t bother?

The shadowy glimpse of Batman is similar to Superman's from Supergirl's pilot.

I wonder if the first two episodes of Batwoman are like a 2-hour movie pilot.

Episode 2 promo:

And since the CW tends to pull these promos right after the episode airs, here's a little something for future readers of this post:

:cwink:

I thought she did pretty good. Very stoic but not a block of wood. Room for improvement? Yes.

How was the glimpse of Batman in the show?

Quick, but then I didn't freeze-frame it so it looked good enough for the few seconds he was on.

As for the Batsuit, the fixed version that RR wears is better than the one seen in the 'cave.

Isn't that kind of skewed way that are trying to spin that article? These are the ratings of all the other shows first seasons.

• Legends of Tomorrow debuted with 3.21 million viewers back in 2016.
  • The Flash to 6.83 million viewers back in 2014.
  • Arrow to 4.14 million back in 2012.
  • The first season of Supergirl aired on CBS to more than 12 million viewers, but when it came to The CW, the Season 2 premiere had 3.06 million viewers.
  • Constantine, which aired for only one season on NBC, also had more viewers for its premiere with 4.28 million.
  • Black Lightning was the most recent Arrowverse show, which debuted to a 0.8 rating and 2.3 million viewers.
Now I haven't seen it myself yet but it seems very odd to title an article "Off to a Solid Start" when its literally the worst start of any of the Arrowverse shows.

True but the article was comparing it to the same slot last year which was Supergirl. But of course a new show is going to have more viewers at the beginning because they are naturally curious. I guess the next ratings boost will be the crossover.

True but the article was comparing it to the same slot last year which was Supergirl. But of course a new show is going to have more viewers at the beginning because they are naturally curious. I guess the next ratings boost will be the crossover.
It's like if you go on a comics review site (such as Comics Roundup) to look at reviews for say a mini-series. Almost invariably the first issue has the most reviews. Often by a large margin.

Isn't that kind of skewed way that are trying to spin that article? These are the ratings of all the other shows first seasons.

• Legends of Tomorrow debuted with 3.21 million viewers back in 2016.
  • The Flash to 6.83 million viewers back in 2014.
  • Arrow to 4.14 million back in 2012.
  • The first season of Supergirl aired on CBS to more than 12 million viewers, but when it came to The CW, the Season 2 premiere had 3.06 million viewers.
  • Constantine, which aired for only one season on NBC, also had more viewers for its premiere with 4.28 million.
  • Black Lightning was the most recent Arrowverse show, which debuted to a 0.8 rating and 2.3 million viewers.
Now I haven't seen it myself yet but it seems very odd to title an article "Off to a Solid Start" when its literally the worst start of any of the Arrowverse shows.
Nielsen ratings are declining across the board each year because viewing habits are changing rapidly. They're not comparing it to CW of the past, they are comparing it to current CW, and ANY show that gets a higher rating than a show in the same timeslot a year ago would be considered a win. In the landscape of current CW, it's off to a good start, so far behind only The Flash in the demo, and topping the network in total viewers. And especially when you compare it to the debut of their other big newbie, Nancy Drew (which debuted to a .3 in the demo and 1.17mil viewers), Batwoman by contrast looks great. Any show that debuts atop its network rankings is off to a good start.

Of course, whether it can KEEP a good portion of those viewers, is the question. I have my doubts. I don't think the pilot was particularly good, and I suspect it'll settle in somewhere around the middle of the network rankings by the end of the season. But it's not a skewed view to say it got off to a solid start, ratings-wise. It's accurate when taken in context of the current state of network affairs.

Wonder what Commissioner Gordon status is? And will the show mention Him?'

JamesGordon.jpg

Last night's episode of Batwoman drew 1.46 million.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"