Batwoman BATWOMAN News & Discussion Thread

Maybe it'll get better by the 20th episode?

17sYQx5.gif

**** thats not good.
This will not get better with more episodes, the show needs to find its own style and tighter writing...CWing it fully with now 20+ episodes is ****ing bad.

There is potential, but not by throwing more and more oil onto the Dumpsterfire that starts to burn.
You need to trim it down, get a better pacing, writing, direction.

I really liked that they didn't rush into getting her into the Batwoman suit. It felt more like a natural progression rather than the rush to get the 'hero' in full color before the first credits rolled.

The only things I haven't liked about the show, is everyone 'knowing' that Alice is really Beth and it looks like too many people are going to be knowing who Batwoman is before long too

As for RR, yes she could use to polish up her acting some, but I'm liking her in the role overall, so I'l be sticking with.

Its clear they have alot of ideas and characters. However, the problem, imo, is they're trying to rush them all out as opposed to starting with a smaller supporting cast and a few ideas.

I personally don't find Kate's progression into Batwoman that natural because , as i've said previously ,I really don't get a sense of why she wants to be a hero to begin with.

That said, I do like what they've done so far with Kate, and I think they've defined her character in terms of who she is as a person.

So they introducing Alfreds daughter.....who is the same age as Kate....who is far younger than Bruce.....I just...
bwn107b__0113r_f.jpg

So they introducing Alfreds daughter.....who is the same age as Kate....who is far younger than Bruce.....I just...

It would seem that the Batwoman version of Alfred is rather younger than he’s depicted in the movies - perhaps younger than Thomas and Martha. If he was 30 when Julia was born then he’d be 60 today (if still alive). Of course, becoming a Dad at 35, 40, 45, etc. isn’t too unusual. So perhaps current Alfred (if alive) is correspondingly older.

As to what this does to the overall chronology… We already know that Batman was active (age 25-30?) in 2003 when Gabi and Beth Kane died (Beth, not so much :cwink:). So today, (the missing) Bruce Wayne would be 40-45. Ergo, if I have my arithmetic right :thf:, a 60-year-old Alfred kinda “works” if he entered the Waynes’ employ at around age 20 (at the time of Bruce’s birth).

Of course, if they subsequently establish that Alfred is in the Michael Caine age range, then the above is blown out of the water.

i...why...i...*sighs*.
Well we all know Alfred got the moves...thats all i have to say.

Upon cursory research… ;nd

Julia isn’t an invention of the TV series. She first appeared in comics in 1961 as “Julie Remarque” - a daughter Alfred didn’t know he had. She was rebooted in 2014 (as “Julia Pennyworth”) where, at one point, she interacted with Batwoman. In both versions, she’s introduced as an adult; and in both versions, she already works for law enforcement in some capacity.

So if the logic/chronology of the TV series doesn’t quite make sense, the same problem must apply to the comics. :cwink:

Julia isn’t an invention of the TV series. She first appeared in comics in 1961 as “Julie Remarque” - a daughter Alfred didn’t know he had. She was rebooted in 2014 (as “Julia Pennyworth”) where, at one point, she interacted with Batwoman. In both versions, she’s introduced as an adult; and in both versions, she already works for law enforcement in some capacity.

So if the logic/chronology of the TV series doesn’t quite make sense, the same problem must apply to the comics. :cwink:

I'd say the same thing to the comics as I do the show. Though a daughter he never knew he had makes more sense than a daughter he never intentionally raised (unless they address that he had family here)

Would have been perfect opportunity to have Alicia Silverstone guest star in that role.

reading that if ratings continue this could be the last seasons of Supergirl & Batwoman

reading that if ratings continue this could be the last seasons of Supergirl & Batwoman

Well, it would suck for Supergirl, though 5 seasons is about the average length for Superman related series with Smallville being an outlier.

Yeah, Julia's been in the comics on and off. I think the show needs to decide on a timeline though.

LOL, Batwoman is currently ranked #2 on the network in both the demo and in viewership, so as much as I expect those numbers to drop over time due to quality...there's no way it doesn't get renewed.

Wherever you read that sounds like a source looking to hate on the female-led shows, because that's the only reasoning where such a prediction makes sense. Black Lightning is performing worse than both, and I wouldn't say it's in much danger, either.

it's not ending this year. They can always stunt cast the Bat Villians if they need to bring the ratings up.

LOL, Batwoman is currently ranked #2 on the network in both the demo and in viewership, so as much as I expect those numbers to drop over time due to quality...there's no way it doesn't get renewed.

Wherever you read that sounds like a source looking to hate on the female-led shows, because that's the only reasoning where such a prediction makes sense. Black Lightning is performing worse than both, and I wouldn't say it's in much danger, either.
Don't watch Batwoman as its not on here yet but I do watch Supergirl so like I said in that thread I hope its wrong as I still enjoy watching it even though it can often pushes a message about as subtely as a sledgehammer:funny: but at the time of the articles writing (im in the UK so we are a few weeks behind the US so if I read info on the shows I make sure its from a few weeks ago) it was accurate in terms of the information of the ratings so I don't think its fair to say its a woman hating source.

Don't watch Batwoman as its not on here yet but I do watch Supergirl so like I said in that thread I hope its wrong as I still enjoy watching it even though it can often pushes a message about as subtely as a sledgehammer:funny: but at the time of the articles writing (im in the UK so we are a few weeks behind the US so if I read info on the shows I make sure its from a few weeks ago) it was accurate in terms of the information of the ratings so I don't think its fair to say its a woman hating source.
Yet that pattern’s not unique to those shows and they aren’t low on the network rankings (and never have been) so there was literally no reason for those two specifically to be singled out. Hence the conclusion I came to.

Yet that pattern’s not unique to those shows and they aren’t low on the network rankings (and never have been) so there was literally no reason for those two specifically to be singled out. Hence the conclusion I came to.

They were just comparing them alongside Flash & Arrow and that week Flash has actually went up by 10k and Arrow had only dropped by 10k so I honestly think it was how they seen it.

...at the time of the article's writing...it was accurate in terms of the information of the ratings so I don't think its fair to say it's a woman hating source.
But… what is your source? You’ve mentioned it a few times - but never provided a link. I did a search and came up with one which predicted doom for Batwoman and Supergirl:

Batwoman, Supergirl Ratings Continue To Plummet

Granted, it does cite the raw rating numbers (though, without the context that’s been provided in this thread). However, it goes on to editorialize about political reasons behind the lower ratings. And basically, it’s about an “agenda” which encompasses similar offenders like Last Jedi, Captain Marvel and the upcoming Birds of Prey. Notice a pattern? :cwink:

As @flickchick85 mentioned, other CW shows have the same or even lower ratings than BW and SG (e.g., Black Lightning - and maybe Dynasty, Charmed, Legacies, a couple of others). So a better-written article would have at least referenced those and then explained (or tried to) why an overall ratings comparison puts BW and SG at particular risk. Absent such analysis, the aforementioned “agenda” appears to be the real reason these two series were singled out.

There's no way Batwoman will get cancel. The likes of Black Lightning, Supergirl and Legends get low ratings but they still get renewed. Despite me thinking it's just a bland superhero show, I still think Batwoman will get a season 2.

Don't believe the negative hype.

Ruby Rose delivers the best, she has charisma and a good "badass"-type acting.
Cinematography is far better than The Flash or Supergirl. Great direction too.
There's the spirit of Batman in this series, and it's fairly entertaining. I love the main plot.

The pilot has been a success, and second and third episodes performed very good nonetheless.
Episodes 4, 5 and 6 were absolutely brilliant, especially 5 and 6.
I just finished Episode 6, and it was stunning.

Watch it if you're a Batman fan!

Last edited:
She's definitely grown into the role, and that's with my view that she was good from the start. I have yet to see an episode I did not like.:cwink:

As to whichever article that was, I wouldn't put much stake into it.

I bailed on Batwoman after two (or three) episodes. I reached a personal conclusion that Ruby isn’t a very good actress - too wooden, and I wasn’t a fan of how the main story elements and the whole girl on girl theme was being covered.

Batwoman is what, eight or nine episodes in now? What’s the general census as to how well (or not) it’s doing? Am I likely going to miss out by avoiding this show? Has it gotten better? Have Ruby’s acting skills improved? Have they done away with her opening dialogue?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"