Batwoman BATWOMAN News & Discussion Thread

The reason they are going for an actual lesbian to play the part is because of the backlash over people who are not gay/lesbian/transgender/etc for a part getting it when there are plenty of people who actually are that being overlooked.

I don't blame them really because no matter what they do one side or the other is going to pitch a fit over choosing (or not) how they cast the part. Giving people who are overlooked a chance to play a role that is in part about them seems fair to me.

The trans issue is completely different. Gay and lesbian people get work all the time in acting because their sexuality doesn't inhibit their ability to portray characters who aren't like them. Going after a lesbian just because the character is one as far as I'm concerned is insulting to all actresses, because it's essentially says your sexuality now matters when it comes to casting, and that is a terrible step toward acting segregation. We've got to get over this idea of there being groups that people have to stay within when it comes to acting, because the entire point of the job is to not be yourself.

That argument can and has been used many times in many contexts with people arguing on both sides how it is or is not fair to exclude a particular group of people. Whenever it comes to race, gender, disability (there is a minor controversy over Dwayne Johnson playing someone with a prosthetic leg in Skyscraper) people are always going to find a reason to complain. Giving the role to someone who is a lesbian shouldn't matter.

That argument can and has been used many times in many contexts with people arguing on both sides how it is or is not fair to exclude a particular group of people. Whenever it comes to race, gender, disability (there is a minor controversy over Dwayne Johnson playing someone with a prosthetic leg in Skyscraper) people are always going to find a reason to complain. Giving the role to someone who is a lesbian shouldn't matter.

It does if it means that persons sexuality becomes a factor in whether someone gets a job or not. That is a terrible, limiting and segregating path you're going down. On top of that, I don't know how many people would actually want their sexuality being the reason they get a job. Not only that, how the bad place do you even bring that topic up in auditions?

Last edited:
Like I said, no matter what they do it is going to have someone complain. If they chose anyone regardless of sexuality then people will be mad they didn't choose someone who was a lesbian. They decide to choose someone who is a lesbian and people are upset they are not letting straight people try for the role instead.

Like I said, no matter what they do it is going to have someone complain. If they chose anyone regardless of sexuality then people will be mad they didn't choose someone who was a lesbian. They decide to choose someone who is a lesbian and people are upset they are not letting straight people try for the role instead.

What people? Twitter crazies? Those people make up a minority of people who watch TV and film. And as I said, how do you go about checking someone's sexuality during an audition?

Is she a lesbian?

Why does the actress actually have to be lesbian? They might find it more difficult finding exactly the right person who looks like the character and can act if it's too narrow. Are they looking for an established star or will they accept even a complete unknown?

She’s bisexual. And it’s a wonderful opportunity for someone LGBTIQ. It’s not like there’s not enough straight roles for straight people. Plus she’s perfect for the character, tough and incredibly cool

Bex Taylor-Klaus probably isn't tall enough or attractive enough to be cast as Batwoman but she will probably end up on this show in some way. https://www.imdb.com/name/nm4545813/?ref_=tt_cl_t2

It says she already played "Sin" in Arrow, so that rules her out. What was that storyline about? She was someone's sidekick wasn't she? I recall her being rather tomboy-ish.

Can they finally cancel one of the arrowverse shows now, or will the CW create a new day in the week to put more superhero-shows.

Can they finally cancel one of the arrowverse shows now, or will the CW create a new day in the week to put more superhero-shows.

There's Friday or Saturday.

Supergirl is on Sunday, Arrow I think is on Monday now, Black Lightning (not really Arrowverse) is on Tuesday, Flash on Wednesday. Can't remember which day Legends is on.

They can have two shows in one evening as they have before.

Ok so we need an actress who is not too big for CW, is a lesbian and is 25-29 year old as well as all the other considerations when casting. I feel they have made their job extremely more difficult than needed, why not have it open to all sexual orientations? lots of straight women have done excellently in the past in these roles and it is disappointing that the CW have taken this approach. I am also extremely disappointing that Katee Sakchoff was in last seasons Flash as she would have been great.

Ok so we need an actress who is not too big for CW, is a lesbian and is 25-29 year old as well as all the other considerations when casting. I feel they have made their job extremely more difficult than needed, why not have it open to all sexual orientations? lots of straight women have done excellently in the past in these roles and it is disappointing that the CW have taken this approach. I am also extremely disappointing that Katee Sakchoff was in last seasons Flash as she would have been great.

Katie Sackhoff is 38 though. She wasn't looking that young in Flash as Amunet either.

I agree that it has made their job more difficult too, because they've narrowed the field. Unless they're prepared to go with a complete unknown, which wouldn't be a bad thing.

Are some straight actresses suddenly going to come out as bi at least, in order to secure this role?

Which lesbian actresses are there and which ones are too big for the CW, and which ones would be more likely to take a role like this?

Last edited:
Katie Sackhoff is 38 though. She wasn't looking that young in Flash as Amunet either.

I agree that it has made their job more difficult too, because they've narrowed the field. Unless they're prepared to go with a complete unknown, which wouldn't be a bad thing.

Are some straight actresses suddenly going to come out as bi at least, in order to secure this role?

Which lesbian actresses are there and which ones are too big for the CW, and which ones would be more likely to take a role like this?

I know she is 38 but that aside she would have been perfect.

We need to remember that the CW also likes to go for actors/actresses that have worked for them before.

Well who has worked for them before, is a lesbian and is in their 20s and can carry a show?

Well who has worked for them before, is a lesbian and is in their 20s and can carry a show?

Pretty much, makes it really difficult to do (not impossible but difficult), anyone have an idea who they could pick?

After doing some Googling one name being banded about is Ruby Rose:
https://imdb.com/name/nm3199307/

Not a previous CW actress and I doubt whether she would do it or be a good fit really at all. (but she is a Lesbian)

After doing some Googling one name being banded about is Ruby Rose:
https://imdb.com/name/nm3199307/

Not a previous CW actress and I doubt whether she would do it or be a good fit really at all. (but she is a Lesbian)

I saw her name being suggested. I think she's too androgynous. Just because she's lesbian doesn't mean they should cast her. She also looks rather skeletal.

Some other names I have found:
Samira Wiley
Monica Raymund
Jessica Clark
Evan Rachel Wood (Bisexual and I doubt she would do it.)

Some other names I have found:
Samira Wiley
Monica Raymund
Jessica Clark
Evan Rachel Wood (Bisexual and I doubt she would do it.)

I remember Monica Raymund from Lie to Me. I didn't know she was lesbian.

But her and Jessica Clark are too similar to Floriana Lima. If they ever decide to bring in Maggie Sawyer, then they'll both be too alike.

Emily Rios (I am just googling Lesbian Actresses and finding ones that are the right age)

I guess? As long as they stay away from Batman i'm okay. The CW ruins everything.

Why not just go for a quality actress who is a great fit for the role, they have really forced themselves to go for an unknown here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"