BATWOMAN News & Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Batwoman' started by Binker, Jul 17, 2018.

1. Fincher Coming Undone

It might be better for the hair to be different, to help obfuscate the actress change. Plus some people can handle certain looks better than others. Really short hair like that would make Jade's face seem long. She has that high peak to her hair; if they don't want her to keep her current sideswept hair, then maybe give her something short with emo bangs, something to have a relatively "edgy" look while being more in her style.

2. Holy Slapper Registered

Sonya Deville wants to be the next Batwoman:

Sonya Deville Interested In CW's Batwoman Role - Wrestling Inc.

WWE 'SmackDown' Breakout Sonya Deville Wants to be the Next Batwoman

3. brandeezy89 Registered

I have a feeling Wallis Day is getting the job. She's the same height/build as Ruby, looks like Alice (Rachel Skarsten) & is a big DC head.

Vaibow and Dark Raven like this.
  4. Dark Raven The Gal from Themyscira

No wrestlers for the part. We need someone who can act this time round and who isn't even worse than Ruby Rose.

WhoMani and Milk Tray Guy like this.
  5. flickchick85 Admin of Might

I wasn't big on Krypton, but she was probably the best character on it (besides Brainiac), so I'd be down for this.

Sithborg likes this.
  6. Dark Raven The Gal from Themyscira

She's British isn't she? Will she remain British for the part or put on an American accent? They could've had her and Julia being a couple of English girls.

Is she a lesbian?

7. chamber-music Infinity Ammo

I liked Wallis Day in Krypton. I think Day looks more like she could be Skarsten's sister than Ruby Rose does.

Day does boxing training as well which might come in hand for the fight scenes.
    Day is dating a woman and is activist against gay conversion therapy.

She will probably do an American accent like most British actors who plsy American characters.

8. Fincher Coming Undone

I would probably choose Jade over Wallis, from what I have to go on, but that seems okay, too.

9. Dr. From parts unknown

I Googled some photos. She’s a handsome woman - but a bit on the exotic/ethnic side. Tailor and Day are more WASPy looking and are a better match for Rose and Skarsten (not that those two had much resemblance).

10. Speed Force Goober

She might be my favorite for the role now. At least among the names we've thrown around here

Dark Raven likes this.
  11. Primal Slayer Let the Siren scream

Why would she remain British? Ruby is Australian playing American.

12. Brierrose Registered

The actress doesn’t need to be from the US but if she isn’t she absolutely needs to do a US accent. Kate Kane is from the US, it’s part of the character. Ruby’s accent was probably the only thing that even the harshest critics didn’t fault her for.

#1612 Brierrose, May 23, 2020
    Last edited: May 23, 2020
  13. Joined:
    May 2, 2012
  14. Dark Raven The Gal from Themyscira

Maybe Kate Kane could've been hanging around Julia Pennyworth too much and has picked up a British accent? Hopefully Wallis Day can do an American accent if she were cast. Did she use one in Krypton? Or was it a British accent? I never actually watched that series.

15. The Shape In the shadows

Wallis Day was awesome on Krypton. She would be a great choice for this and a big improvement.

WhoMani, Prison Mike and Dark Raven like this.
  16. Dark Raven The Gal from Themyscira

Here's an interview with her with brown hair:

Lots of her other ones she's got blonde hair in it. So the brunette look would give us more of an idea how she'd be as Kate Kane.

And here's one with blonde hair where she does look like she could be Alice's twin:

They would definitely look more of a match. Are Kate and Alice meant to be identical twins? Ruby Rose looks nothing like Rachel.

Considering how quickly they hired Ruby Rose last time because they couldn't think of anyone else, they should hire Wallis Day now. She wants it, and she looks like Rachel Skarsten.

If she's the same height and build as Ruby Rose, they won't really have to make many alterations to the batsuit either, unlike with some other actresses who are shorter.

#1616 Dark Raven, May 23, 2020
  17. Brierrose Registered

No, Kate and Beth/Alice aren’t identical twins. Think about it the only way to realistically go that route would’ve been to hire actual identical twins. Fraternal twins are much easier to portray and IRL much more common.

#1617 Brierrose, May 23, 2020
  18. Dark Raven The Gal from Themyscira

Well Ruby Rose and Rachel Skarsten don't even look like sisters, and usually even non identical twins still look related. At least Wallis Day could pass for Rachel's sister.

19. Brierrose Registered

Fraternal twins are genetically like siblings who have the same birthday. Yes, sometimes there’s a resemblance just like other siblings but not always. The difference between Ruby and Rachel never bothered me but maybe that’s because my sister and I, not twins, don’t look alike.

20. Thome216 Registered

That would have a been a trip to have twins playing the main roles! And I mean a good one. The other way would have been to use CG trickery to put the same actress in the same scene in two places.

As for Wallis Day, I would be excited about that. I never really watched Krypton, but I liked her in it.

21. Primal Slayer Let the Siren scream

I'd definitely be down for Wallis Day to take over the role. Sure....she's a little young but she definitely looks mature enough and from what little I saw of Krypton I enjoyed her.

22. WhoMani Registered

I haven't finished watching Krypton and the show had a lot of flaws but Wallis Day was easily one of the best part from that show. She's a great actress and she would be a massive upgrade from Ruby Rose.

Mysteryman and Dark Raven like this.
  23. Sithborg Oooh, plot twist!

I honestly just kind of want to set her pipes against the glee kids.

There are other examples, but I am hesitant to post them here.

flickchick85 likes this.
  24. Primal Slayer Let the Siren scream

The CW: Ruby who?
    [​IMG]

Lencho01 and flickchick85 like this.
  25. Thome216 Registered

They moving Supergirl to Saturday..?