Batwoman BATWOMAN News & Discussion Thread

They moving Supergirl to Saturday..?
The new CW season starts in 2021. Several shows - including Supergirl - start even later, in the "midseason."

I really think she doesn't want to come off as the bad guy here. don't know if it will work

I assume we won't know the actual reason for Ruby Rose's departure for at least a few years as her and the people involve with the show most likely signed a NDA on this matter. Its cool that she's remaining professional about it and wishing everyone the best.

Wow. I didn't realize she was getting some flack for leaving.

Its kinda interesting given that the reaction in fandom has mostly been positive to the role getting recast.

I guess that comment on instagram is the opposite end of the coin.

I wish her well. I've got nothing against her even if I feel she may not have been the right fit.

Hopefully, in time, she'll find a role or roles that can also fit into her lifestyle in terms of where she wants to live, how many hours she wants to work, and perhaps flexibility in working on other projects.

So how are they going to explain that then? Does Alice succeed in killing her with a Kryptonite bullet? And that means Kara's friendship with her is gone. This new Batwoman wouldn't have participated in Crisis at all. And will all these DC heroes be mourning her death too like with Oliver Queen?

And the Superman crossover is going to be Clark trying to keep this new one on the straight and narrow.

I doubt they are going to bring in a new character instead of just recasting the role. That's even messier than explaining away a new face.

There have been other Batwomen in the comics besides Kate Kane. There was Kathy Kane from the Silver-Age and Carrie Kelly from Dark Knight Returns.

There have been other Batwomen in the comics besides Kate Kane. There was Kathy Kane from the Silver-Age and Carrie Kelly from Dark Knight Returns.

I dont think anyone disputes that but this is obviously Kate Kanes story, using influences from her storyline, her look, etc...bringing in a brand new character who has to be inserted into all of the S1 characters lives who were attached to Kate seems forced. This isnt Charmed where she is only 1/3 of the leading ladies.

I could see them thinking of doing it or simply using this to throw people off the scent to a degree but Ill be shocked if they bring in a character. Might as well just reboot the show entirely and ignore S1.

So who is this Twitter user that I'm assuming nobody here had even heard of or followed until today and how reliable are they? Also, what's the source for that casting profile that looks like something ripped from Reddit?

Could it be true? Probably. But I'd wait for something...I dunno, official?

giphy.gif

Way to squash any goodwill they were gonna have from people like me who were willing to give the new actress a shot after being disappointed with Rose. It's almost comical how determined they are to shoot themselves in the foot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"