Batwoman BATWOMAN News & Discussion Thread

Ok so we need an actress who is not too big for CW, is a lesbian and is 25-29 year old as well as all the other considerations when casting. I feel they have made their job extremely more difficult than needed, why not have it open to all sexual orientations? lots of straight women have done excellently in the past in these roles and it is disappointing that the CW have taken this approach. I am also extremely disappointing that Katee Sakchoff was in last seasons Flash as she would have been great.

Not to mention has the right body shape, looks like the character, is tall enough, is attractive enough, etc. You're right, they have made their job more difficult.

Caitlin Stasey (was in Reign a CW TV series and is a lesbian so that's 2 boxes ticked)

Im not gonna lie I like the sound of this I hope they do her character somewhere in between a Batman and Jessica Jones type. (fans of her comic are probably screaming right now lol)

What people? Twitter crazies? Those people make up a minority of people who watch TV and film. And as I said, how do you go about checking someone's sexuality during an audition?
I don't think you notice the irony of being a Twitter crazy complaining on the opposite side but all of the subsequent posts by 0604854 show it is not hard to do a check for someone who fits the description if they need to do a lesbian check on the actress first. :funny:

In all fairness, Stephen Amell and Grant Gustin weren't well known when they were cast.

A show based on Katy Kane/ Batwoman will be awesome to see and a replacement for arrow or a new show on cw. I hope this show is dark like arrow with assortment of villains and main villain for season. I have high hopes for this. I hope she has the secret base, motorcycle, flight wing, and lair in river bed like animated movie but her suit red and black version and no team, just a helper or two one male and a female in lair.

As long as she doesn't utter the line "F*** Batman", I think a Kate Kane series will be fine.

All this hyperventilation is for nothing; this is a CW show, not Shakespeare. It really shouldn't be hard to find a lesbian to play Batwoman. And if they absolutely can't find a suitable lesbian actress they'll just cast a straight one and tell her to pretend she's bi.

I don't think you notice the irony of being a Twitter crazy complaining on the opposite side but all of the subsequent posts by 0604854 show it is not hard to do a check for someone who fits the description if they need to do a lesbian check on the actress first. :funny:

5 or 6 names is hardly anything to go off. By the way Caitlin Stasey is married to a guy, she seemed to go back and forth about what she identifies herself as. She’s also way too short.

No but in the span of time it took to complain he easily listed a half dozen names. I'm sure a casting director has better resources than someone randomly on the internet.

I think it's a great idea to do a Batwoman show. It's a good way to have a Batman-type-show-without-Batman where you're using a character with enough connection with the mythos while being separate enough to give creative freedom with the show. I kind of hope it's like Supergirl where Batman exist in the world and might show up, with Batwoman being in a different city.

I'm interested how it will play out.

It is cringeworthy but I hope it doesn't preach too much. Sometimes it's best to lead by example, not sermoning to the audience.

It's annoying because I understand the idea of representation, and how entertainment needs to reflect society, but it has gotten to an extreme "Us vs Them° level Where you're either cast as an SJW or alt right person in a discussion or debate. It's a shame everything has gotten so out of hand. Now everything is a political statement. You can't talk about Star Wars anymore without people making comments about Social Justice Warrior agendas. Then you get other people who make such a big freaking deal about how "OMG amaze balls" it is every time anything remotely classified as progressive happens. It's mostly the studios seemingly patting themselves on the back for doing things they could have already done to make more money. "Yay look how great we are for finding a new demo!" BS marketing aside. the show itself has me interested. Don't talk about it, be about it.

Last edited:
Not to mention has the right body shape, looks like the character, is tall enough, is attractive enough, etc. You're right, they have made their job more difficult.
Eh, I really don't think it makes it that more difficult. No more than any other role with specified age, race, gender, body type, etc.

I mean, it's Hollywood and I'm sure they're looking beyond LA. So, it's not like there's a really limited range of lesbian (or bisexual if they're open to that too) actresses that could fit the bill.

No but in the span of time it took to complain he easily listed a half dozen names. I'm sure a casting director has better resources than someone randomly on the internet.

And he could probably have come up with about a hundred actresses in the same time had sexuality not been a criteria.

And he could probably have come up with about a hundred actresses in the same time had sexuality not been a criteria.

That's the point sure I can find a few names but first off not many would be considered or even interested in the role, second a lot of those were Bi which I don't think the CW wants (they want lesbian not Bi).

Why narrow your field like this, why not cast the net as wide as possible and then ask: could this actor portray the Lesbian aspects of the character? could they portray the other aspects? etc.

Let's say they did cast Bex Taylor Kraus because she's a lesbian (even though she's already played Sin in Arrow). She's not exactly the most appealing to watch and I personally wouldn't want to follow a series with her.

I'm sure many would watch just because it's Batwoman and because she's a lesbian, even if she's not the most attractive. I'd rather they found someone who has broader appeal.

Amber Heard used to be in a TV show. But she's Mera now in Aquaman. But I wouldn't really want her for Batwoman because although she's very pretty, I don't think she's suited to the role. She's bi anyway.

Here is the point, to try and attract more people to the crossover/series you want an actress which people will say "I would like to see a series with her" the problem is I cannot find an actress who fits the CW criteria who also fits this (bearing in mind it needs to be an actress who will take the role)

Ok here are two potential candidates that I remembered from one series "Carmilla."

Elise Bauman (but she's bi)

tumblr_inline_pbpcrfnIXa1u9dm7p_540.jpg

Natasha Negovanlis (who played the title character in that series)

17f02a43e4a8cfb260e2bd6d9de42c81.jpg

That series was a a total bore fest and seems like it would only appeal to a certain demographic rather than having broad appeal. I checked it out because I knew of the character from these Hammer horror movies. It wasn't like that.

Anyway, either of those could potentially play Kate Kane, but Elise Bauman might be excluded. They're both potentially CW types though. I'd rather watch Bauman than Negovanlis as the lead as she has more personality.

On second thoughts, Elise Bauman might be a bit too much like Felicity Smoak, and we don't need that. She'd do plucky sidekick well, but not sure about heroic lead.

And Natasha Negovanlis is a bit dull to watch and has always played off Elise Bauman for personality. She's always been more of the "straight" woman compared to Bauman's more comedic routine.

They were also in another film together, Almost Adults.

[YT]2UKNTM-Fc0s[/YT]

This would've been a good vehicle for Laura Prepon.

Unsure if she's a lesbian though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"