Batwoman BATWOMAN News & Discussion Thread

Maybe they'll reveal that Ryan Wilder is actually Kate Kane all along and that's how they'll solve the mystery of the Batwoman. She was hiding in plain sight pretending to be another character.

Maybe they'll reveal that Ryan Wilder is actually Kate Kane all along and that's how they'll solve the mystery of the Batwoman. She was hiding in plain sight pretending to be another character.
That doesn't sound complicated and unnecessary :funny:

My problem with bringing in a new character this soon is that it makes it seem like being Batman/Batwoman isn't that special. So I guess anyone can just put on a cowl and be the Bat, especially since there are no powers and this would be the third person doing it in that universe. (Same thing I didn't like about The Dark Knight Rises)

Perhaps they should just cancel the show, relaunch it either under the title of Gotham (yes I know we've already had that on a different network) or something else; Dark Knights? Caped Crusaders?

Just something that interoperates the Bat Family, or at least some of them, then they can play around with the characters of Batman, Batwoman, Batgirl etc etc without having the focus be on one particular vigilante.

Think of it as a darker take on Legends; a team focused show, but one that doesn't always feature the team. I can't imagine the characters would often work together, not when Gotham has so much tidying up to do, so they could mostly do their own thing unless there's a bigger threat and then they can combine efforts and stuff.

I would've been happy continuing if they recast Kate Kane and had a new actress (a good one) playing her this time instead of bringing in an entirely new character.

I've been saying over on the Chyler Leigh thread in the Supergirl forum that if she weren't in Supergirl, I think she would've been great to play Kate Kane either from the beginning or as a replacement. As much as I enjoy her in Supergirl as Kara's sister, sometimes I wish she were playing as Batwoman instead. She's far more likeable, a better actress and she also has come out recently either as bi or lesbian.

I would've been happy continuing if they recast Kate Kane and had a new actress (a good one) playing her this time instead of bringing in an entirely new character.

I've been saying over on the Chyler Leigh thread in the Supergirl forum that if she weren't in Supergirl, I think she would've been great to play Kate Kane either from the beginning or as a replacement. As much as I enjoy her in Supergirl as Kara's sister, sometimes I wish she were playing as Batwoman instead. She's far more likeable, a better actress and she also has come out recently either as bi or lesbian.

I like Chyler and I think she would make a good Batwoman, but she probably wouldn't qualify for the role (CW standards) because she has a husband and kids...

I read that statement she made but it was more about her character on Supergirl coming out. She was kind of vague about her personal life, talking about "her journey with her husband." She might be bi, but I think CW wants someone who is openly a lesbian/bi

My problem with bringing in a new character this soon is that it makes it seem like being Batman/Batwoman isn't that special. So I guess anyone can just put on a cowl and be the Bat, especially since there are no powers and this would be the third person doing it in that universe. (Same thing I didn't like about The Dark Knight Rises)
I like The Dark Knight Rises, but I didn't like that idea either. Anyone can be Batman? I'm sure John Blake was a very good cop, but he'd have died pretty much the first time he went out in the suit! :funny:

I like The Dark Knight Rises, but I didn't like that idea either. Anyone can be Batman? I'm sure John Blake was a very good cop, but he'd have died pretty much the first time he went out in the suit! :funny:
If he doesn't get more training.

I can see the writers pushing the idea that anyone can be Batwoman if they had courage and character.

I can see the writers pushing the idea that anyone can be Batwoman if they had courage and character.

They totally will. It's something they like to do with their female characters "everyone can be a Canary" but not when it comes to their male characters.

We must have a scene where Oprah tells everyone "you can be Batwoman, and you can be Batwoman, and you can be Batwoman..."

How they going to kill her off, if scenes haven't been shot... off camera? stunt double... allude to it?

Maybe stunt double, with other characters seeing it and focusing on their reaction.

It will probably start with "one year later" where she's gone missing, and that will be the mystery of the Batwoman. They'll allude to it but not show. Didn't the show runner or someone say they weren't planning to kill her off anyway?

How they going to kill her off, if scenes haven't been shot... off camera? stunt double... allude to it?

They arent killing her off. She's pulling a Bruce and mysteriously disappeared.

Ladys and Gents we have our new Batwoman! And she is bisexual for those who need to know.
batwoman.jpg

Batwoman Taps Javicia Leslie to Replace Ruby Rose in Title Role

I was hoping for Wallis Day as Kate Kane but that went out the window when they decided to make Batwoman like Catwoman and give us a Patience Phillips type character.

In- universe, people will clearly see it's not the same Batwoman.

I KNEW they were going to recast with a black actress. Guess they couldn't afford Samira Wiley.

Hopefully this woman is as talented as she is pretty. Good luck Javicia.

Unfamiliar with her, and while part of me hoped that Meagan Tandy could be ushered into the role, given Sophie's relationship with Kate, it's good that the network already has a replacement lined up.

How this is going to work out in-universe, though, I have no idea.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"