Batwoman BATWOMAN News & Discussion Thread

Despite how much I like the idea of a recasted Kane Kane showing up and retaking the lead, I think from here on out, no matter who it is, she will be a bit player on a show named after her own super hero alter-ego...

But Batwoman isn't dealing with the multiverse. If Ryan takes up the Batwoman mantle and then (a recast) Kate Kane comes back, is she not going to want the vigilante role again? Would Ryan be expected to step down? Would they both be Batwoman? Would they fight it out? Would they become girlfriends?

Kate "Batwoman suits you better :) "

They arent going to go through the madness of a brand new character who is also Black only to have her give up the mantle.

Should've just made the new actress an alternate earth Kate Kane.

Instead of creating a new character they should have look to the comics and cast Javicia Leslie as Luke's sister Tiffany Fox and she becomes BATWOMAN to honor her late father.
Tiffany was once a BATGIRL in a storyline called FUTURES END.

TiffanyFoxBatgirl.jpg

Tiffany is as much a nobody and OC as Ryan. Just because she made her debut in the comics first doesn't mean that she's automatically superior. This show's problem is the same as it was even when they had Kate. CW just never had an interest in this character and the same goes for Arrow. They just want a Batman lite character and access to the Batman toy box of characters and story lines. They're doing to Kate exactly what they did to Bruce. Had him fail, disappear and then have the cool new woke girl take everything that is his. Now they have a cooler and woker girl doing the same to Kate. It's baked on to the very DNA of this show and CW verse in general. I will say that Javicia Leslie is insanely attractive so she'll be good to look at and does look more like a lead material person than Rose ever did. It's not saying much but Rose was bad even by CW standards.

I can imagine all three of those scenarios. But are they just going to get rid of the new actress to bring in a new Kate?

Maybe they'll make Ryan Batgirl. Or Batgirlfriend.
We know that eventually both Kate & Ryan, and evening Bruce will have to form up and follow Batiris. ;)

Tiffany is as much a nobody and OC as Ryan. Just because she made her debut in the comics first doesn't mean that she's automatically superior. This show's problem is the same as it was even when they had Kate. CW just never had an interest in this character and the same goes for Arrow. They just want a Batman lite character and access to the Batman toy box of characters and story lines. They're doing to Kate exactly what they did to Bruce. Had him fail, disappear and then have the cool new woke girl take everything that is his. Now they have a cooler and woker girl doing the same to Kate. It's baked on to the very DNA of this show and CW verse in general. I will say that Javicia Leslie is insanely attractive so she'll be good to look at and does look more like a lead material person than Rose ever did. It's not saying much but Rose was bad even by CW standards.

I personally think Meagan Tandy is more attractive than Javicia Leslie. I would've been fine with Meagan's Sophie becoming a new Batwoman instead. Plus she would've already been part of the established continuity. Same with Julia Pennyworth, who would've been my choice for a new Batwoman if they were going that route instead of recasting Kate Kane (which they are going that route now).

We know that eventually both Kate & Ryan, and evening Bruce will have to form up and follow Batiris. ;)

Next watch her cross over to the MCU. When Stark says "I am Iron Man" she'll say "No, we are Iris Man."

Lucas, "The suit is perfection."

Ryder, "It will be, when it fits a black woman!"

And I'm not being racist, just sarcastic!:o
The funny thing is that I can see them having Ryan say that line as a homage to Kate Kane :funny:

Ruby Rose explains how the pandemic played a role in her decision to leave 'Batwoman'

Being the lead of a superhero show is tough. [Laughs] Being the lead in anything is tough," Rose, who didn't discover the full extent of her injuries until shooting the film The Doorman, tells EW. "But I think, in that particular instance, it was a lot more difficult because I was still recovering from my surgery. I had my surgery and then 10 days later I went to work, which maybe wasn't the best idea. Most people take about a month or three off before they return to work, so it was definitely made more difficult by that. But as far as being a lead of a show or a film — regardless if it's action or if it's emotional — in whichever ways it's taxing."

"The challenge is sort of outweighed," she adds. "The accomplishment and the trust that people put in you to do that role and then there's also the vibrancy of being able to come on set and set the mood and the tone and the trust being put into it is something that's been such an honor. And I love my experience in [Batwoman]. I'm so grateful that we got to achieve everything that we did and I'm proud of everyone that worked on it. I'm proud of myself for working under sort of interesting circumstances, you know, with the recovery and all. I would definitely do [TV] again. I just think that it was also time for me to take a break to fully heal and then return."

Rose elaborates that her decision to leave the superhero series wasn't just due to her injuries.

"It wasn't so much [the injury], especially because after we wrapped up we didn't get to finish the real finale because of COVID," she says. "You know, you have time in quarantine and sort of isolation to just think about a lot of different things and what you want to achieve in life and what you want to do. I think for both [me and the producers], it was a great opportunity to have a dialogue about a lot of things. I respect them so much and they've been so respectful to me."

"I think it was actually a beautiful way to do something, especially since that was the first time it's ever been done — the first time Batwoman has ever been played in live-action and that she was LGBTQ. I'm very honored to have been able to play her."

And as far as any advice she may have for Javicia Leslie, who will portray the next Batwoman, Ryan Wilder, Rose says she has no doubt Leslie has this down pat.

"None! I think she definitely knows what she's doing and she seems fantastic," Rose says. "I think that honestly, I was so proud and so happy when I was told who would be replacing me. I'm just really stoked and I'm definitely going to watch the next season as well and see how it all comes together."

That is truly one beautiful, beautiful woman that God spent a lot of time on.

EyHvO3M.gif

Yeah, was happy to see the cast videos on the show's Twitter page. Frankly, I just like seeing productions start back up again. Hopefully all goes well and that both shows and films take proper precautions. Obviously you can't account for everything and no production probably wants to hit a snag like The Batman just did, but hope the crew and cast is safe:

Gibson will play Tatiana aka “The Whisper.” She is a skilled assassin, unflappable and cold as ice in the face of danger. She is one of Safiyah’s most important henchwomen and still harbors feelings for her powerful boss.

Sounds like Tabitha on Gotham.

First images from the set show Javicia Leslie in the cape and cowl

img-0517_x.jpg

img-0611_orig.jpg

The CW knows it cast an african american actress as the new Batwoman right? I don't understand why she has the same suit and same white woman wig here... in some of these photos, she almost looks like a tan Ruby Rose, which imo is a tad bit offensive. They could have easily gone with this sorta look for the cowl's wig
5f06c40a0062a.image.jpg

Or even some curls like this fan art
EcgBWz0VcAAhgte

Can't just cast someone of color in this day and age to appear woke, which is something CW would definitely do, and then doll the actress of color up like she's a white actress. Not a fan at all.

CW, she's black. Embrace it. Ugh..

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"