Revenge of the Fallen Bay is right, Transformers should be 2012

TheVelvetOnion

Sidekick
Reaction score
First post in the transformers forum i wouldnt normally post, i am a fan of the original 80's cartoon and admit to having several of the toys when i was young. But i must admit i have forgotten alot of the history of the show, but i saw the first movie at the cinema and now ive seen the sequel... I pretty much see where there going for the third. Or at least i feel they have a good set up for the 3rd... And this is going on just random bits of news i've read on the web about sequel ideas.

Some of the robots mentioned for the sequel so far is, Unicron, Dinobots, Hotrod.

Bay wants the date for this 3rd movie 2012... studio 2011... firstly Bay expressed he wants a break so he can go into 2012 for Transformers 3.

But i think they have been feeding us bits of a puzzle...

Alot of you are probably familure with the prophecy that the world will end in 2012, LOL yeah i know sounds silly but the Mayan caladener ends 2012 to which they predict a metorite hits the earth and end of times....

Hmmm... Unicron is the size of a planet and transformers into a planet? It would make for a perfect platform for the bases of the story for T3 and introduce the characters above...

Here is an idea of a synopsis...

Transformers: The End Of Their World!
Synopsis: in 1984 BC, four dinobots landed on earth and came across one of the earlest civilisation the Maya. They tell the Mayan people of impending doom and they must construct clues on the earth to warn his friends of its future. Skip forwards to the future the year 2012 - We learn that earth has welcomed several new autobots, Mikela and her father's business now works at the race tracks, With Wheelie they also have a new transformer Hot-Rod. - Elsewhere Sam has now graduated college and is traveling the world with Leo & Bumblebee. NEST - have gone global and are the support network for all Autobots. All Decepticons have retreated and there is peace. However there is a bigger reason why the decepticons have left the planet, With the fallen gone, the search for energon continues, however Megatron has learnt the precessions of Unicron, a planet hungry transformer with no allegance to either side. With the planets distruction Megatron could harvest the energon cubes and he is able to rebilled his troops. Megatron meets with Shockwave who has been tracking the pressence of Unicron and using Soundwave they plan to bring him to earth. As sam travels the world he comes across some aztect mayan temples which display the mayan calander, With cybertron symbols. Bumblebee recognises them as Dinobot symbols and reports back to optimus prime, So the autobots learn the message that the Dinobots who were fighting the Predacons who planned to turn Unicron on there side and the Predacons lead by shockwave directed him to Earth.

^Good idea. The concept of Unicron being the end prophetized by the Mayans also crossed my mind. I wouldn't use the Dinobots, tough. You should work the title.

The only reason i went with the dinobots is i thought big giant animal robot creatures to the mayans would be just drawn as wierd creatures where as if autobots appeared they would be a little too odd to appear on there art.

While I would like to see Dinobots; just don't see it working.

I could see them be given a good mention:

"Bee hurry up you're as slow as a dinosaur!".

Loved Grimlock, but somehow Bay would ruin him. Leave the dinobots out of the movie and preserve their memory.

Transformers: Unicron's Endgame?

I like it though. And it sounds very plausible to fit into Bay's TF films.

Plus, if Barricade isn't in ROTF, they could use him wisely as an emissary to Unicron, as Sideways was in the comics, but we know that he is killed by Sideswipe.

Say, during the run of trying to capture Sam once more, he becomes involved with Unicron somehow.

Last edited:
Again im not smart on the history of Unicron but taking your ideas how about this...

We dont know what happend during the events between Transformers 1 to Transformers 2, we know that more decepticons and autobots landed on earth, but we are not aware of there origin.

Maybe, Sideways up until he was killed at the begining of Transformers 2 was the emissary to unicron and was the beacon calling unicron to earth, however when sideways was killed the link was cut. I feel that the begining chase had no real reason to be in the movie other than we learn about The Fallen well he's mentioned. But i feel sidesways wasnt given much of a fight, infact did anyone actuall see him? It was so fast he was sliced in two within seconds.

We seem to get negative reviews on the Dinobots, but we do need a transformer or several to travel back to tha mayan times, 1984 bc which would be around the time of the mayans and a comical reference to the year transformers were created. We need a central character.

If not the Dinobots, maybe we should look towards the line of Jetfire, Jetfire mentioned his father was the wheel... didnt mention if he was the Wheel on earth, but that would make it more interesting, Ancestors of Jetfire who thought in one of the original wars came to earth to warn of Unicron.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"