Age of Extinction Bay, Spielberg in active talks with Hasbro regarding 4th TF film

how about a go -bots moive? anyone rember them? they came before or around trasfnoemrs came out i think it came out first but the show didn't cautch on llke transfomers..

a movie doesnt get to the number 4 spot all time if people didnt enjoy it. If the masses didnt like this movie it wouldnt have made so much.

I think we are arguing two different points. Box Office does not denote quality. Box office however denotes how well the general audience liked a movie.
TR3 became the number 4 movie all time B.O. because people liked it...regardless if it had no artistic quality....For a movie to do that well means that not only did people see it but they saw it several times.

When they measure box office numbers, do they take in account that seeing this in Imax 3D could cost $15+? A lot of people can go pay for a movie, then walk out thinking, "man, that sucked". I bet relatively few people actually went to see this movie twice. It's a big draw because it's a summer action film that looks pretty. People credit Bay for making this franchise billions, but I think it's the artist who put out such great work that people are willing to sit and watch these brainless films.

I'm not going by box office numbers to decide if the masses enjoyed the movie, I'm looking at people's reviews. And not just professional cirtic reviews either. Just regular people on message boards or comment sections, and they are overwhelming seen as bad movies. But you know what, those people still PAID to see the movies. So I don't think these movies made a lot of money because a lot of people enjoyed them, I think they made alot of money because a lot of people paid to see them.

Funny thing, I saw ROTF twice in the theaters despite not liking the movie. I bought a ticket with my friends to see the Imax showing, but they could only go on the weekend. I was impatient, so I also bought a ticket for the opening midnight showing at my local theater. I actually liked the first movie, so I thought I'd like this one too. Boy was I disappointed and pissed for wasting that money.

Funny thing 2: Karma boogaloo. Despite not liking ROTF, I figured most of the problem might have been because of the writers strike, so I decided to give DOTM a chance. Plus, it's Transformers. But this time I was only going to see the matinee showing. When the movie started, the projectionist or someone ****ed up and started playing the 3D version. In a panic, the managers started handing out 3D glasses to everybody in the theater. So I got to watch DOTM in 3D for $5. I like DOTM better than ROTF, but damn is it a bad movie.

When they measure box office numbers, do they take in account that seeing this in Imax 3D could cost $15+? A lot of people can go pay for a movie, then walk out thinking, "man, that sucked". I bet relatively few people actually went to see this movie twice. It's a big draw because it's a summer action film that looks pretty. People credit Bay for making this franchise billions, but I think it's the artist who put out such great work that people are willing to sit and watch these brainless films.

I'm not going by box office numbers to decide if the masses enjoyed the movie, I'm looking at people's reviews. And not just professional cirtic reviews either. Just regular people on message boards or comment sections, and they are overwhelming seen as bad movies. But you know what, those people still PAID to see the movies. So I don't think these movies made a lot of money because a lot of people enjoyed them, I think they made alot of money because a lot of people paid to see them.

Funny thing, I saw ROTF twice in the theaters despite not liking the movie. I bought a ticket with my friends to see the Imax showing, but they could only go on the weekend. I was impatient, so I also bought a ticket for the opening midnight showing at my local theater. I actually liked the first movie, so I thought I'd like this one too. Boy was I disappointed and pissed for wasting that money.

BO is a great way to determine if the masses liked the movie.
Green Lantern did 219 mil....translates to a "meh" from the GA
Thor did 448 mil....GA was pleased with this movie
Harry Potter did 1.3 bil....GA was pleased and saw this movie an number of times
TF3 did 1.1 bil

Movies dont get to the billions because the majority of the GA said 'meh'.

^Exactly, and you dont increase revenue sequel on sequel if people dont like it either. I dont care what anyone says, fans of the movie or not (I personally found the 3rd one a bit dissapointing), you dont make the money TF3 has without people going 2 or 3 times to see it.

Success will get you on more screens.

Just look at the Phantom Menace. It made nearly the most money but its the most hated star Wars movie.

Sometimes people buy into the hype. That doesn't mean the movie is memorable or widely loved.

The masses don't hate TPM. The masses don't hate TF3. It's just fanboys. The masses don't remember or widely love any movie. Not Matrix. Not LOTR. Not Batman Begins. It's just fanboys that do this. The masses either have fun or they don't. When they have fun, the movie makes a lot of money. They come out of empty soulless movies, giddy as seagulls, ready to see it again. If they don't have that feeling, it doesn't make a billion dollars. The idea that it could is absurd.

The masses don't hate TPM. The masses don't hate TF3. It's just fanboys. The masses don't remember or widely love any movie. Not Matrix. Not LOTR. Not Batman Begins. It's just fanboys that do this. The masses either have fun or they don't. When they have fun, the movie makes a lot of money. They come out of empty soulless movies, giddy as seagulls, ready to see it again. If they don't have that feeling, it doesn't make a billion dollars. The idea that it could is absurd.

and this is the point i was making

There are plenty of movies that the general audience and fanboys both appreciate. These are some of the best movies in history like Back to the Future, Ghostbusters and Raiders of the Lost Ark. None of these movies made a billion but they're miles ahead of crap like Bayformers and The Phantom Menace.

Money is meaningless when it comes to deciding the quality of a film.

What does it mean that American Idol gets higher ratings than Boardwalk Empire? It simply means the idiots outnumbers the people with taste. Nothing more.

There are plenty of movies that the general audience and fanboys both appreciate. These are some of the best movies in history like Back to the Future, Ghostbusters and Raiders of the Lost Ark. None of these movies made a billion but they're miles ahead of crap like Bayformers and The Phantom Menace.

Money is meaningless when it comes to deciding the quality of a film.

What does it mean that American Idol gets higher ratings than Boardwalk Empire? It simply means the idiots outnumbers the people with taste. Nothing more.

no one is saying anything about quality....

why is it that people go see TDK and it makes over a billion and no one bats an eye but the moment TF3 does it then the GA are idiots?

Who is to say the same audience who made The Dark Knight a hit made TF3 a hit. There are billions of movie goers. Maybe a different crowd went to see The Dark Knight.

My main point is that the best movies are valued by both fanboys and the GA. TF3 is not one of those movies. The Dark Knight is.

^Again, he isnt talking aboutr quality, he's talking about popularity, NO movies makes over a billion if the ~GA didnt like it.

its like they fail to believe that the GA and Fanbois dont always agree

And this is why I now watch MY LITTLE PONY: FRIENDSHIP IS MAGIC
Because Micheal Bay will never make a film about My Little Pony

i am gonna leave....im typing words but they arent being read

Ha.. I read them and they make sense.

The reason these fanboys won't let it go is because they are fanboys; it's their nature to believe the contradictory notions that their opinion on a movie is so clearly accurate that the rest of society agrees with them, yet also 90% of society are still morons. Only in the minds of this incredibly small community are the TF films not adored by the GA.

Yes, critics hate the movies (and it's true, they aren't that good) but even critics don't hold the misguided idea that the GA doesn't love these films that they have thrice now turned into mega-blockbusters.

It doesn't matter if it's popular. The masses have low standards.

Did they have low standards with TDK, LOTR, Harry Potter and Avatar?

But anyway, this wasnt the discussion, people on here were saying the masses didnt like this movie when the numbers it made indicates they clearly did.

Yeah, it is a bit of chore.

Ha.. I read them and they make sense.

The reason these fanboys won't let it go is because they are fanboys; it's their nature to believe the contradictory notions that their opinion on a movie is so clearly accurate that the rest of society agrees with them, yet also 90% of society are still morons. Only in the minds of this incredibly small community are the TF films not adored by the GA.

Yes, critics hate the movies (and it's true, they aren't that good) but even critics don't hold the misguided idea that the GA doesn't love these films that they have thrice now turned into mega-blockbusters.

Exactly, I didnt think much of TF3, but I know plenty of people who loved it, including the 3 people I went with.

I think there is a point in that some successful movies in their time aren't really recalled fondly or revisited by the general public years later.

not sure where this can go unless they use Unicron-- maybe he destroys pluto, becomes the 9th planet.. hmm.. a group of human soldiers are paired with transformers to go confront Unicron, and a group of evil humans team with the Decepticons..

not sure where this can go unless they use Unicron-- maybe he destroys pluto, becomes the 9th planet.. hmm.. a group of human soldiers are paired with transformers to go confront Unicron, and a group of evil humans team with the Decepticons..

...Don't forget that there needs to be a long lost Cybertronian artifact that winds up on Earth unbeknownst to the Autobots.

Which Sam Witwicky must have unique access to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"