Baz Luhrmann's Elvis Presley movie

There was a pic/article of the hospital giving Hanks a "Wilson" to keep him company as he recovers. Turns out it was a photoshop from some other event. Someone should do it and make it a real thing! :argh:

Austin Butler worked with both Tarantino and Jim Jarmusch, then got the lead role in this big film.
All in a quite short amount of time. Coincidence?

Baz Luhrmann's 'Elvis' Adds Richard Roxburgh, Dacre Montgomery - Variety

Baz Luhrmann’s upcoming musical drama “Elvis” has added several prominent Australian actors to its cast. Richard Roxburgh, Helen Thomson, David Wenham, and Dacre Montgomery have joined an ensemble that includes the previously announced Tom Hanks, Austin Butler and Olivia DeJonge.

Roxburgh, who worked with Luhrmann on “Moulin Rouge!,” will portray Elvis’s father, Vernon Presley. Rufus Sewell, who was initially cast in the role, had to drop out when production was delayed due to coronavirus. Thomson, an award-winning theater actress who also appeared in “Top of the Lake: China Girl,” plays Elvis’s mother, Gladys Presley. She replaces Maggie Gyllenhaal, who was originally signed to play the role, but had to leave the project due to other commitments when shooting was put on hold last spring.

Wenham (“The Lord of the Rings” Trilogy, ) plays Hank Snow and Montgomery (“Stranger Things”), plays TV director Steve Binder. Also joining the cast are Natasha Bassett (“Hail, Caesar!”), Xavier Samuel (“Adore”), Leon Ford (TV’s “Gallipoli,” TV’s “The Pacific”), Kate Mulvany (TV’s “Hunters”), Gareth Davies (“Peter Rabbit,”) Charles Grounds (“Crazy Rich Asians”), Josh McConville (“Fantasy Island”), and Adam Dunn (TV’s “Home and Away”).

Kelvin's a really solid actor. His casting actually makes me interested in this.

It doesn't look like they've cast Jerry Lee Lewis yet, but I just re-watched Walk The Line recently and I forgot how much I liked the actor that played him in that. Small part, but memorable.

I’m sure he’s already cast this late into filming, they probably just don’t want to announce it yet.

Kind of weird they only announced the BB King casting when I’m sure he’s been cast since the beginning of filming a year ago.

Seems like this movie has been filming for ages.

I had no idea about this movie until today, very interested. Love Elvis.

Oh, did they ever meet? Or is he included because of Lurhmann's own musical taste?

Is there any actor for Jerry Lee Lewis yet?
Oh, they met several times as they were both based out of Memphis in the early 50s:
1.jpg

I'm glad they cast a really solid actor as BB, but given the increasing recognition of Hollywood's bias against darker skinned black actors, I wish they had cast someone who resembled BB a bit more...

Seems to speak to Butler making a good impression on Hanks.

Not really much of an Elvis fan but it does look good.

This film needs to make certain people know these two things about Elvis. One: he's the king.

Two is look out, man! It's called karate and only two kids of people know it.

But on the real, looks good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"