Batman Begins BB is the eighth top-selling 2005 DVD, says Video Business

ultimatefan

The Batman must come back
Reaction score
According to www.videobusiness.com, which is associated with Variety, BB was the eighth top-selling DVD of 2005, with 6,8 million copies, more than the 6,15 m copies reported by IMDB (they had reported BB as tenth). It outsold BO champs like CATCF.

On the other hand, FF doesn´t even show up in their year´s top twenty list... it barely sold 4 million copies, if that much... That´s what we were saying all this time, that quality matters more in the long run... The anticipation for the BB sequel will be huge... For the FF one, I get such a sinking feeling, and I´m an FF fan... sigh.

Fanatsic Four DVD did just about as well as X-Men's. Everyone knew that Batman Begins would outsale Fantasic Four. For one thing it grossed 50million more and more importantly it was a better recived film. FF did good though. BB did great, but it didn't break any records.

ultimatefan said:
According to www.videobusiness.com, which is associated with Variety, BB was the eighth top-selling DVD of 2005, with 6,8 million copies, more than the 6,15 m copies reported by IMDB (they had reported BB as tenth). It outsold BO champs like CATCF.

On the other hand, FF doesn´t even show up in their year´s top twenty list... it barely sold 4 million copies, if that much... That´s what we were saying all this time, that quality matters more in the long run... The anticipation for the BB sequel will be huge... For the FF one, I get such a sinking feeling, and I´m an FF fan... sigh.

God I hate it when people do this...what the hell is CATCF? For god's sake, just type the title out instead of me racking my brain for 10 minutes trying to figure out which ****ing movie you're referring to.

mcflytrap said:
God I hate it when people do this...what the hell is CATCF? For god's sake, just type the title out instead of me racking my brain for 10 minutes trying to figure out which ****ing movie you're referring to.
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.

I SEE SPIDEY said:
Fanatsic Four DVD did just about as well as X-Men's. Everyone knew that Batman Begins would outsale Fantasic Four. For one thing it grossed 50million more and more importantly it was a better recived film. FF did good though. BB did great, but it didn't break any records.
If you sum up DVD and VHS, FF sold as many copies as the X2 DVD. If you count DVDs with DVDs, it sold considerably less.

mcflytrap said:

Seriously. There's nothing more annyoing that when people use acronyms that aren't immediatley apparent. I mean, if you use it several times in a post, or even a thread, go ahead and abbreviate it, but only every time after the first. Spell it out the first time so we know what the hell you're talking about.

Good to hear the Batman Begins Digital Versatile Disc did so well.

Only eighth?? I thought it would be higher,after all it was one of the big movies of 2005...

I SEE SPIDEY said:
ff=ok

bb=good

spider-man=great

ultimatefan said:

F*&%$in' A!

Katsuro said:
Seriously. There's nothing more annyoing that when people use acronyms that aren't immediatley apparent. I mean, if you use it several times in a post, or even a thread, go ahead and abbreviate it, but only every time after the first. Spell it out the first time so we know what the hell you're talking about.

I mean, because everyone on here talks about Willie Wonka remakes with enough severity to abreviate it...NO!!!

Don't be a dil-doh w/movies and stuff that isn't in regular comic/hero/nerd continuity on the hype!

....oh, by the way, did anyone catch the repeat of DS,OHISWALTB on TCM...you know, the kubric version:confused:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"