"Because All Life Is Precious": The Morgan Jones Thread

Discussion in 'The Walking Dead & Fear The Walking Dead' started by Elevator Man, Oct 25, 2015.

1. BestGirl

BestGirl Chillin' on Dragonstone

I'm rather surprised Rick bought the Hilltoppers' story so readily. Given how crafty Jesus is, it should've occurred to him that the "you people need to kill the Saviors now because they're all a bunch of psychos" story might be a ruse. Obviously it isn't but I can't blame Morgan for being concerned about mass murdering a group of strangers.

2. Elevator Man

Elevator Man Registered

With two episodes left this season I haven’t seen much development with Morgan. I feel the writers have wasted his character after his bottle episode “Here’s Not Here”. Most of his moments in 6b so far revolved around him building a cell for the ASZ. [BLACKOUT]And due to the recent death of Denise we’ll never know if she told Morgan or not about that Wolf saving her life and being somewhat reformed. I was never satisfied with how they wrapped up that subplot. [/BLACKOUT]There weren’t any consequences or repercussions from that incident. Except Carol feeling guilty for killing the Wolf, who she later realize ended up helping Denise.

And it’s been a while since we’ve seen some aikido/bo staff action as well. Also in the 6b banner poster there’s an image of Morgan on horseback. It might come into play in the last two episodes of the season. Could he be searching for Carol?

3. Elevator Man

Elevator Man Registered

Sneak Peek: Episode 616: The Walking Dead: Last Day on Earth
    [YT]_r-2a1kkQLg[/YT]

4. Elevator Man

Elevator Man Registered

When Morgan came clean to Rick about the Wolf he spared. He somehow knew the Wolf died protecting Denise from some of the walkers invading the ASZ. Since the writers didn't tell or show us how Morgan knew that bit of information we have to assume Denise told him about that moment off camera and during the 2 month time jump. Why did they make us wait 6 episodes later to reveal that Morgan knew the Wolf had a change of heart? It was very anti-climactic the way they resolved that subplot and the lack of repercussions from it.

5. Elevator Man

Elevator Man Registered

I figured the writers were setting up Morgan to break his anti-killing code. I felt he broke it easily and didn’t hesitate to save Carol. It’s disappointing b/c it’s makes it seem like the only way to survive that world is to kill. I was hoping Morgan would maintain his ideology about “all life is precious”. And proving to us viewers and the characters that you can survive threats without having to kill anyone or all the time. To continue to go in that direction it comes off one sided.

6. Elevator Man

Elevator Man Registered

First season 7 photo of Morgan.

[​IMG]

7. Elevator Man

Elevator Man Registered

The Walking Dead: Morgan was originally supposed to appear at Terminus

Interesting, but I was still surprised and ecstatic when Morgan showed up during the after credits scene of "No Sanctuary". So it still worked out in the end, imo.

8. Elevator Man

Elevator Man Registered

The Walking Dead: Lennie James says he's 'stopped speaking to people' to protect secret

Can't blame him. It's a shame he and McBride get bombarded with questions about a scene they hadn't any involvement in. Instead of questions about what's next for both of their characters in Season 7? It wouldn't surprise me if the media and fans asked actors/actresses of characters, who were killed off on the show long ago, e.g. Emily Kinney, Michael Rooker, Chad Coleman, IronE Singleton, etc. about if they knew who the Lucille victim was. Smh.

9. Elevator Man

Elevator Man Registered

The Walking Dead showrunner on what's in store for Carol and Morgan

10. Elevator Man

Elevator Man Registered

The Walking Dead: Lennie James previews a 'thorny path' for Morgan and Carol

11. Elevator Man

Elevator Man Registered

The Walking Dead: Lennie James previews Morgan at the Kingdom

12. Elevator Man

Elevator Man Registered

Morgan is finally able to put what Eastman taught him to good use by training a young apprentice from the Kingdom the art of Aikido. Except this time he allows the student to choose his own path. It seems that Morgan learned from his mistake after forcing his philosophy on the Wolf last season. Morgan admitting to Ben that he’s struggling with his philosophy b/c he knows it’s flawed was interesting. He still hasn’t found a middle ground. Looks like he won't be returning to the ASZ b/c he seems to have found his purpose at the Kingdom.Honestly he fits right in the Kingdom more than any other community, imo. "The Well" showed some interesting character growth from Morgan, imo.

#88 Elevator Man, Oct 31, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2016
  13. NotNickFury

NotNickFury Registered

Agree with all of that. And it helps that unlike the people of Alexandria, the people of the Kingdom may have the will to fight, but that doesn't necessarily mean that, like Morgan, they want to fight. And like Ezekiel said, their desire to fight is dwarfed by the Saviors' strength.

14. AVEITWITHJAMON

AVEITWITHJAMON Darksider

Starting to like Morgan again after going off him last season a bit.

15. scarlet-witch

scarlet-witch Stormborn

Same. I hated what they did with him in S6.

16. Elevator Man

Elevator Man Registered

Well Morgan haters wanted Clear Morgan back. Be careful what you wish for. Seeing Morgan relapse into Clear Morgan in “Bury Me Here” was like watching a recovering alcoholic/junkie falling back into his addiction habit. It was heartbreaking to watch, b/c I didn't mind pacifist Morgan. The character deserved peace after all he lost to survive. He both struggled and found peace with Eastman's philosophy. Now he's "clearing" again, which will probably end up getting him killed. :csad:

17. righthooksrus86

righthooksrus86 Registered

He's starting to become one of my favorite characters on the show. That episode was nuts, seeing him lose his mind. I thought he was going to kill himself.

18. Iron_Stark

Iron_Stark Pepperony 3000

I doubt he's going to get killed.

That said, last night was a great episode. Morgan was great.

19. NotNickFury

NotNickFury Registered

On that, surprised there was no thread for yesterday's episode.

20. OB12

OB12 Registered

Morgan's character got a lot of flack over the last season and half, but last night's episode was all the more satisfying because of it. Loved watching Lennie just own the episode as Morgan struggled to not fall back into his broken state. What a great journey this character has been on.

21. Sawyer

Sawyer High King

Yeah, I feel like this was a rather fruitful episode in a sizable string of meh.

Oh, Eugene will readily go along with Negan's way of the world if it means his survival? I'm shocked.
    The Sanctuary is a s***ty place to live and even Dwight is starting to crack? Didn't see that one coming.
    Michonne was about to shut down when she thought she lost someone she loved, but Rick gave her an inspiring speech to help turn her around? That's a new one!

But what they did last night with what Carol and Morgan had both been carrying around with them for a better part of the last two seasons? That was well done to me.

22. Elevator Man

Elevator Man Registered

The Walking Dead showrunner on the 'tragedy' of Morgan

23. Elevator Man

Elevator Man Registered

The Walking Dead: 'Fight With Us' Sneak Peek Season Finale
    [YT]PS2FaatZgHw[/YT]

Poor Morgan. :csad: I hope Ezekiel comes through to him. I'm worried about Morgan's fate and the path he seems to be headed in.

With this episode being the season finale hopefully we get to see Shiva in action b/c we haven't for most of the season. I like to see them take out Gavin's group (particularly the troublemaker who killed Benjamin). Sadly I have a feeling we won't and instead they'll probably just show up at the ASZ ready to join Rick during the climax.

Also it's cool to see Carol back in action. Compared to Morgan atm she seems to have found a middle ground with her PTSD. She also doesn't want to be left alone anymore but wants to protect the Kingdom and her family (Rick and co.) from the Saviors. Normally in these situations she takes matters into her own hands but instead she's following Ezekiel's lead. Which is also interesting b/c normally she'd follow Rick's. She and Morgan looked tight with that body armor. It seems to symbolize that the Kingdom is their new home.