Ben Affleck in The Way Back

I guess this thread needs a title change.

TqMMZJz.jpg

Last edited:
I know it's not a sports movie first and foremost, but it's been a while since we've gotten one. Looking forward to this.

Yep I like to enjoy a good sports drama from time to time and I really enjoyed O'Connor's past movies, especially Warrior. Affleck looks great in this too.

Reminds me of Dennis Hopper's character in Hoosiers.

this looks good.
i feel these kind of roles fit ben better.

I thought they were using the Man of Steel theme for the trailer.

Than what? Batman? He was great as Batman.

i liked him alot as bruce wayne / batman in bvs.
not so much in JL. reshoots are more to blame for that.
but i think he shines in more grounded roles like this.

In pretty sure the latest trailer I just saw in theaters spoiled most of the movie

And that's why I don't watch trailers anymore

Meh. Looks like a hundred movies I’ve already seen, though I’ll give anything with the Shiva a chance.

Of a personal note... Ben reminds me of my brother with his look in this movie.

Been getting good buzz, might check it out this weekend.

You might be the only one. Don’t think a lot of people are going to movies right now

Really solid, emotional, film. Affleck is pretty great in this and my theater had around 20 people in there, which isn't bad for a Sunday night showing

Wow Affleck was phenomenal in this. The movie itself isn't all that great even though I did like the supporting cast a lot, especially the kids, but damn does his performance alone elevate it and I have to respect him even more now for being so willing to tackle such dark and personal material. Gavin O' Connor is such an underrated and underappreciated director, because when you give him the right movie he usually always delivers and that's no different here.

8/10

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"