BvS Ben Affleck IS Batman - - Part 11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Argo, the last winner was a thriller made for the masses .
Not Oscar bait at all.

I don't know though why it is that way sometimes. I don't understand why is there such a big disconnect between what "the masses" likes and critics and the Academy. I like most of the movies the Academy picks, and I usually think they are the best of the mainstream movies. Nothing really good "The Attack", "Poetry", "A Separation" or "Amoure" or any of those films but at least the best from the Oscar pool. How do they select that? And what do you mean like "the masses"? Have you noticed as well that people tend to prefer I guess "less-heavy" or more campy, predictable Hollywood-ish type films with familiar faces?

Um, are we saying Argo is loved by the masses and The King's Speech isn't? Who pulled this **** and from where?

The King's Speech made 414 million dollars compared to Argo's 232. From where I am standing, The King's Speech looks to be much more beloved by the masses than Argo.

EDIT: I am not even a proponent of "Oscar" films and even I think that The King's Speech is 10 times the movie that Argo is. Argo is basically nonsensical tosh, a rubbish thriller, the equivalent of Jack Ryan and Jack Reacher or whatever those movies are.

You had me at Jack Ryan.

alec-baldwin-fired-msnbc-show.gif
35bhtsi.gif

tumblr_lsrs27iavi1qbq46co2_500.gif
tumblr_lzbvo2slbI1r0frfb.gif

Last edited:
I totally agree! I mean with the interaction with Superman (and JL soon), he needs to have some wittiness as well, but a darker broodingness to balance that would complete the package.

No doubt, Denny O'Neil's take on the whole universe has always seemed the most psychologically realized, daring, and endearing. Frank Miller has nothing on his Batman arcs. I wish we could get Affleck directing a Dennis O'Neill script for the next standalone.

Jack Reacher was such a badass movie, bro.

Jack Reacher really was a cool movie. I'm so psyched that McQuarrie is writing/directing M:I5.

Neither here nor there, I know.

Léo Ho Tep;27542123 said:
I would like Batman to be more like his 70's comic counterpart. Kinda dark, kinda brooding, but mostly a romantic figure of the night, a compassionate one, a hero who confort the victim. The Dennis O'neil Batman is my favorite one.

O Neil/Adams is probably my favorite Comic Book version of Batman. That and Grant Morrison's take.

Ideally, this Batman would be 70's style Detective oriented Batman, with a "realistic" version of the Gray and Blue, Yellow Oval outfit. Sadly, we'll probably get another Frank Miller inspired take.

The answer is Clooney - B&R doesn't exist.

I wonder what kind of physical progress Affleck has been making of late. BvS starts filming in roughly a month. :hmm

He doesn't have to do much, he already has the frame by default, he just needs to get it cut and he's set.

Jack Reacher really was a cool movie. I'm so psyched that McQuarrie is writing/directing M:I5.

Neither here nor there, I know.

Yeah, I'm psyched too. It's one of Cruise's best movies. How dare slumcat insult it? :cmad:

:funny: You're just figuring him out now?

Oh and Jack Reacher was bomb as hell! So underrated.

Nah, I've figured him out earlier. Man, who loves "films" but highly anticipates Hercules and Scott Adkins movies. :o

Indeed, it was! Really underrated. So happy a sequel got green-lit.

Jack Reacher had some great car chases so I hope to see the same for MI5. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"