BvS Ben Affleck IS Batman - - Part 11

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not Affleck's Batman I'm worried about, but his Bruce Wayne. Could you imagine Affleck giving a speech similar to Batman Arkham: City opening? He would have to really be on his game.

I'm still a tad worried about both the Wayne and Batman personas. I'm less worried than I was and do support Affleck. But there's still a fear in the back of my mind that the personas will just end up being "Affleck in business suit" and "Affleck wearing Bat costume."

^ Funny enough, I think Affleck's Wayne will be very entertaining, but am a little concerned for his Batman.

It's not Affleck's Batman I'm worried about, but his Bruce Wayne. Could you imagine Affleck giving a speech similar to Batman Arkham: City opening? He would have to really be on his game.

Considering he pretty much looks like the Arkham Bruce Wayne, I don't see a problem personally.
4-state_of_play.jpg

He does have the Bruce Wayne look in that picture.

I thought whenever he has shorter hair and little to no facial hair while wearing a suit he always looked like Bruce Wayne...

I have no doubt he can pull off the Bruce "mask"
I mean, in the town when he was with his girlfriend he sort of had to put on a mask at some points and I thought he did it great.

I thought whenever he has shorter hair and little to no facial hair while wearing a suit he always looked like Bruce Wayne...

I have no doubt he can pull off the Bruce "mask"
I mean, in the town when he was with his girlfriend he sort of had to put on a mask at some points and I thought he did it great.

Oh definitely. Especially if his Bruce is a little more out there and kinda borders on RDJ's Tony Stark.

^ Funny enough, I think Affleck's Wayne will be very entertaining, but am a little concerned for his Batman.

Curious, what's the concern? Originally, I thought he may not have the nuance or intensity to play Batman (as a result of being spoiled from the TDKT). Other than that, he's definitely a real life version of Bruce Wayne.

if thats what you're worried about, Affleck is gonna blow you away with this performance.

I liked it up until the point
the fairly arbitrary connection to Bruce's parents and himself was made. I found it pretty lazy how the final Talon was made out to be Bruce's secret long lost brother. And don't get me started on how they got the mook Talons to come back from the dead. IMHO, the story goes downhill when Batman escapes the Court's underground maze

This.

The only fight I didn't like in the Nolan trilogy was the first Batman/Bane fight. Talk about a letdown.

Funny; the only TDKT fight I think is truly great. The tension and atmosphere is insane – an incredibly both emotional and visceral experience for me.

Funny; the only TDKT fight I think is truly great. The tension and atmosphere is insane – an incredibly both emotional and visceral experience for me.

So true..i remember when I first saw the movie and when they started fighting...boy oh boy..i was on the edge of my seat the whole time, and even when I watch the movie now, whenever bane breaks batman's back I cringe.

Considering he pretty much looks like the Arkham Bruce Wayne, I don't see a problem personally.
4-state_of_play.jpg

Wow. If there's one thing about Snyder, it's that he nails casting every time. His cast literally looks like they came off the pages of comic books.

Affleck will do fine. After the initial shock I must admit, I kinda see it.

The only issue I've kinda just discovered which was pointed out in another thread is Affleck is not one to really inhabit a role, he's kinda just always Ben Affleck in a role.

The only issue I've kinda just discovered which was pointed out in another thread is Affleck is not one to really inhabit a role, he's kinda just always Ben Affleck in a role.

The roles I like him best in are actually when he plays jerks, Shannon in Mallrats and O'Bannion in Dazed and Confused and Jim Young in Boiler Room.

He's probably a nice guy in real life, but he just plays a great jerk. Most of the leading hero roles I've seen him in he just comes off as boring and uninteresting to me.

Last edited:
Ben is presenting at the Golden Globes tonight. We haven't seen any pics of him recently. It will be interesting to see if he's made any more strides physically. I know it will be hard to tell with a tailored suit and all, but at least it will be something to talk about!

Ben is presenting at the Golden Globes tonight. We haven't seen any pics of him recently. It will be interesting to see if he's made any more strides physically. I know it will be hard to tell with a tailored suit and all, but at least it will be something to talk about!

Bruce Wayne wearing his other suit. :word:

Birthday suit? Because I'm not sure Wayne will get THAT wasted. :o

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"