BvS Ben Affleck IS Batman - - - Part 15

Status
Not open for further replies.
85.jpg

Just change this for the batmobile and put him the batsuit and we're talking :D

Yeah for Bruce Wayne but I want to see Batman now!! :D

Can you imagine this Bruce using classic luxury cars?

85.jpg

Just change this for the batmobile and put him the batsuit and we're talking :D

What if ben affleck already has the batmobile and his car transforms into it?

Well, you're entitled to your opinion and I agree on some points (Browning, Goode, the fact that Snyder is more of a visual stylist than an actor's director). But like many other posters, I feel there have been numerous great performances in Snyder's films -- particularly Butler, Haley and Cavill.

With Cavill in particular, I'm not really interested in whether or not he gave an "Oscar calibre" performance, because that's not necessary in this role. The challenge was to look and act like Superman, and Cavill absolutely embodied the character to the point where I don't feel like anyone could have offered a better performance than he did. The role of Superman isn't showy anyway.

I do have to take issue with your assessment of Ackerman's performance as Silk Spectre II, which seems a little hyperbolic. This is something I read in a lot of reviews of Watchmen, and for the life of me I can't understand people's criticisms. I'm not saying Ackerman is Meryl Streep, but I'm puzzled why people think it was such an awful performance. For me, she embodied the character, looked and acted the part and was perfectly convincing in her emotional scenes.

But really, this seems to be a problem across the board with superhero movies. Unless your name is Emma Stone, it almost always seems to be the female lead who is dismissed as the weakest link in superhero movies, often singled out for dismissal while the male actors win critical accolades. What I think this overlooks is the fact that the female leads in superhero movies are almost always saddled with the thankless role of "love interest", and there's only so much you can do with that.

Amy Adams is a good example. I thought she was the best Lois Lane yet, and yet a lot of people seem to have a problem with her performance when if anything, it's the screenwriting that would be more at fault. In that case, we should criticize Goyer, not Adams (of course, the point is moot if you're not a fan of Amy Adams in anything).

Anyway, I'm pretty confident Ben Affleck will offer a great performance as Batman. Snyder can do the dark vigilante thing (Rorschach), while Affleck was fine as Daredevil (whatever you thought of the movie itself) and is a huge Batman fan. So I'm not worried.
A wonderful post and I would continue the discussion but lets not violate the sanctity of this thread by our off topic posts any further. :yay:

He seems to have a very serious, Batman-like demeanor of late. It reminds of me the Fugitive storyline, where Bats sort of loses himself to the point he -- for a time -- no longer cares about upholding the appearance of the playboy Bruce persona. I forget the issue, but there's a panel with him on trial for the murder of Vesper Fairchild; and the artist makes it very apparent that, even in the absence of his cape and cowl, it is Batman (not Bruce Wayne) standing in the courtroom before the judge and jury.

I just want to see these guys together.
tumblr_mp3rt0ypN81r3cvdco1_500.gif

Last edited:
Why??
http://femmesinthefridge.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/*****nboots.gif

I think it's pretty reassuring that Affleck's guaranteed to put in a performance that tops his Daredevil performance. He wasn't bad at all as Daredevil, and knowing that he can only do a better job than he did there is nice.

I guess many of us will be seeing his job on Gone Girl, to see how he does it.

I guess many of us will be seeing his job on Gone Girl, to see how he does it.
yeah ill definitely be checking that one out.

i think a lot of batfans that normally wouldn't have seen the movie will be seeing Gone Girl to get an idea of how Ben might play Bats...

i think a lot of batfans that normally wouldn't have seen the movie will be seeing Gone Girl to get an idea of how Ben might play Bats...
Gone Girl will give an idea of how Affleck will play Batman?

Indeed. Props to him for that. Losing the fat around your face that accumulates with age (as your metabolism slows down) and lack of a balanced diet isn't an easy thing to do. The man is reversing the clock!

You're right, he is noticeably slimmer in the face. I wasn't concerned about that but now it's slimmer it's remarkable what a slight difference it makes to his overall Batman-ness.

I'm excited, I really think he's going to bring it. He's taking it seriously... well I guess he had to after the backlash...!

Yep, also excited to hear the bat-voice, but I think he will try to avoid sounding anything like Bale (as much as he can) cos you know everyone will be like 'ZOMG he totally stole that from Bale!!!1@!!@11!@!!" and all that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"