BvS Ben Affleck IS Batman - Part 16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gal and Henry are in Michigan, when does Batfleck join them?

Last edited:
You're right, he is noticeably slimmer in the face. I wasn't concerned about that but now it's slimmer it's remarkable what a slight difference it makes to his overall Batman-ness.

I'm excited, I really think he's going to bring it. He's taking it seriously... well I guess he had to after the backlash...!

Yeah, I don't even think the backlash factors into it all that much. His career has been on upward trajectory for some time now; and, I think he'd want to avoid making choices that could have an adverse impact on all he's accomplished so far.

Yep, also excited to hear the bat-voice, but I think he will try to avoid sounding anything like Bale (as much as he can) cos you know everyone will be like 'ZOMG he totally stole that from Bale!!!1@!!@11!@!!" and all that.

Bale's Batman voice is probably the one thing fans and the like almost unanimously consider to be the weakest part of his performance in the role. As such, I don't think it would be wise for Affleck to try and emulate that. He should do his own thing.

yeah ill definitely be checking that one out.

i think a lot of batfans that normally wouldn't have seen the movie will be seeing Gone Girl to get an idea of how Ben might play Bats...

@Rorschach2012

While that wouldn't be a Batman role at all, maybe in the investigation things could be. I think it'll take how good this kind of drama Ben is capable of do especially at this point in his career.

We'll see. I know it's a David Fincher movie but if the trailer is anything to go by, i wasn't very impressed with what i saw from Affleck or the premise. Looked pretty generic to me.

I like Fincher, so I'm looking forward to that movie. Affleck won't be playing that character in BvsS, but it will give me another chance to check out his acting in general.

Affleck will win more people over after Gone Girl. I have little doubt about that.

Ben is a damn fine actor. He's really picked up his game ever since The Town. I think anyone that hasn't watched anything from there or later is really judging Ben unfairly. If he brings that level of acting prowess to this role, we have absolutely nothing to worry about. In all seriousness, Ben has never been a terrible actor. He's unfairly judged by the social hiccups he's had along the way, and that has been transposed over his performances instead of his actual talent. It's a shame really. Well, that and he's picked some really crappy roles which didn't help his cause at all.

Ben is a damn fine actor. He's really picked up his game ever since The Town. I think anyone that hasn't watched anything from there or later is really judging Ben unfairly. If he brings that level of acting prowess to this role, we have absolutely nothing to worry about. In all seriousness, Ben has never been a terrible actor. He's unfairly judged by the social hiccups he's had along the way, and that has been transposed over his performances instead of his actual talent. It's a shame really. Well, that and he's picked some really crappy roles which didn't help his cause at all.

Ever since he started directing his acting has improved enormously, and he's a damn good director.
Any idea how his physical shape is going at the moment?

Ever since he started directing his acting has improved enormously, and he's a damn good director.

They've got some pretty recent pics in the suit thread I believe. I think he's coming along fine, but I also didn't freak out just because the man had a slice of pizza and a beer.

PepperoniPizza-full.jpg

I understand how much $ these guys are paid to so this, but they are asked to do some pretty serious **** with their diet. I remember when Thomas Jane finally threw in the towel while waiting on the green light on the Punisher sequel, he said he was only allowed a single beer a week.

I understand how much $ these guys are paid to so this, but they are asked to do some pretty serious **** with their diet. I remember when Thomas Jane finally threw in the towel while waiting on the green light on the Punisher sequel, he said he was only allowed a single beer a week.

The horror.

I never subscribed to the idea that we needed the world's greatest actor to play friggin Batman. I hope I don't lose my nerd card but I don't think playing Batman is the greatest challenge that an actor will face in their career.

I never subscribed to the idea that we needed the world's greatest actor to play friggin Batman. I hope I don't lose my nerd card but I don't think playing Batman is the greatest challenge that an actor will face in their career.

I agree. No one is being asked for Citizen Kane here. I just want the role taken seriously and justice done to the character, and it certainly won't take an Oscar nominated performance for that to be accomplished.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"