BvS Ben Affleck IS Batman - - Part 17

Status
Not open for further replies.
Batman patriarch Adam West would be proud of the latest batsuit worn by Ben Affleck.

Who cares about the making of, it's about what we see in the movie.

I like watching the making of stuff on DVDs myself.....but I know some people don't.

I believe his point was that the costumes are designed to look good in the context of the film, not in real life, which is why it's silly to criticize a costume for being stiff when it never appears stiff in the film itself. He's not saying making ofs are inherently worthless, lol

I love making of doc's for SW as well. I think I also watched the doc's for prequels as much as the actual movies.

I like watching the making of stuff on DVDs myself.....but I know some people don't.
You know, I loved the Special Features for SR. I personally think that's how they should all be done. I just think the whole movie making process is intriguing. Like how you see something on a storyboard, then you see the pre-viz for it, and then the final product on the big screen. It's also amazing to see how much thought and effort goes into movie making.

Also, I loved how Bryan Singer made the Vlogs while they were in the middle of filming. I think for SR, there were something like 22 or 23, I think. Some of them ended with a little tease of what's to come and made me excited for the next Vlog.

Who cares about the making of, it's about what we see in the movie.

I care because Batman, when he fights, should show more moves than Superman, being a martial artist. Which is why the suit appearing stiff in the making off is a valid concern, since it could appear like that in the movie as well.

There are precedent for batsuits that don't allow the actor to move well.

Full on CGI suit would allow for the most freedom of movement, now wouldn't it. To bad Snyder has no experience with.... What's that you say? :wow: :cwink: :word:

I'm not that worried, since the nite owl suit allowed the stuntman to show some great moves. I'm just wondering how this batsuit will work.

I'm not that worried, since the nite owl suit allowed the stuntman to show some great moves. I'm just wondering how this batsuit will work.

Probably even better that Nite Owl's due to advancements and things they've learned then and can apply now.

I'm confident Snyder and Richardson know the awful limitations from the mediocre suits in the past and are looking to end that.

2h4fjnq.jpg

Last edited:
For his role in the upcoming "Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice," the actor has been working with trainers from his hometown — including Matt Damon's cousin.

This story first appeared in the June 6 issue of The Hollywood Reporter magazine.

A Damon helped Ben Affleck get the big muscles he's attained for his role in Batman vs. Superman: Dawn of Justice.
Make that Jamie Damon, one of Affleck BFF Matt Damon's first cousins. Jamie is among a group of trainers, including Affleck's main sweat sergeant, Walter Norton Jr., who have been training the actor both in L.A. and on set for the superhero part.
PHOTOS: Tracking Batman From His Goofy Beginnings to Modern Mettle
The crew aren't Hollywood trainers either, but hometown talent from the Institute of Performance Fitness, based in North Reading, Mass., near Boston.
Matt calls Jamie "a stud of a trainer."

the full post.

then the other Rehan guy was just promoting himself? or was his nutriologist? he posts a lot of sixpackdiet stuff

For his role in the upcoming "Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice," the actor has been working with trainers from his hometown — including Matt Damon's cousin.

This story first appeared in the June 6 issue of The Hollywood Reporter magazine.

A Damon helped Ben Affleck get the big muscles he's attained for his role in Batman vs. Superman: Dawn of Justice.
Make that Jamie Damon, one of Affleck BFF Matt Damon's first cousins. Jamie is among a group of trainers, including Affleck's main sweat sergeant, Walter Norton Jr., who have been training the actor both in L.A. and on set for the superhero part.
PHOTOS: Tracking Batman From His Goofy Beginnings to Modern Mettle
The crew aren't Hollywood trainers either, but hometown talent from the Institute of Performance Fitness, based in North Reading, Mass., near Boston.
Matt calls Jamie "a stud of a trainer."

the full post.

Interesting. Anyone hear any tweets from Jelali recently?

^^^ No. I follow him and nothing related to Batfleck.

Interesting. Anyone hear any tweets from Jelali recently?

No. Remember when he promised to reveal a pic of "Batfleck flexing", and then, shortly after, deleted his tweet? Since then, he hasn't said a word about the actor and his training.

^ It takes a team to train a Batfleck. Affleck seems to really be taking this part seriously. I think many will be surprised by his performance.

I don't think the quantity really matters...Just look at Twight.

I don't think the quantity really matters...Just look at Twight.

Mark Twight owns/runs Gym Jones which is a training company that employees a lot of trainers. Gym Jones worked on 300, MoS, 300 2, ect.

Yeah, but Affleck seems to be hiring a variety of different professionals, whereas Gym Jones is one unit.

Anyways, here's Damon in Elysium (2013)

MattDamon1-Elysium-jpg_193531.jpg

Yeah, but Affleck seems to be hiring a variety of different professionals, whereas Gym Jones is one unit.

Anyways, here's Damon in Elysium (2013)

MattDamon1-Elysium-jpg_193531.jpg

The article states that all the trainers are from the same gym called Institute of Performance Fitness

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"