BvS Ben Affleck IS Batman - - - - - - - - Part 35

Status
Not open for further replies.
"His mouth looks too small." Worst Batman ever :o

Before people go mad on me, that's a nitpick an user made which is just absurd/ridicolous.

Tha fleck is perfection.

Last edited:
^ I try not to pay much attention to anyone who criticizes Ben on account of physical traits he actually shares with the character. For instance, in both comics and animation, Batman is regularly depicted with a fairly prominent chin, much larger than Affleck's, in fact. Yet, when he was initially cast, you'd see people say things like, "Ben's chin is too big for the role. It's George Clooney all over again." That kind of ignorance is just laughable, but what are you gonna do? :funny:

personally, i kinda do wish there was more of a true blue tint to the suit...
yC3J8oC.jpg

Honestly if I had one nitpick about the suit, it would be that I wish the gray was more prominent and maybe that bat symbol stuck out a bit more.

People don't have to like something just because it's more faithful to source.

For example most of don't want trunks over pants. I like Momoa look better than comic book aquaman. etc etc

General audience don't care about faithfullness. Some comic fans as well.

For example most of don't want trunks over pants. I like Momoa look better than comic book aquaman. etc etc

This this this. You have no idea how happy I was when I saw the Aquamoa pic. Sure, it's not the typical look but I look at it and I see Aquaman.

This this this. You have no idea how happy I was when I saw the Aquamoa pic. Sure, it's not the typical look but I look at it and I see Aquaman.

So was I. I thought it was awesome. Still do.

Fair point.

Honestly if I had one nitpick about the suit, it would be that I wish the gray was more prominent and maybe that bat symbol stuck out a bit more.

After Nolan's insistence on making the symbol as inconspicuous as possible... be grateful Affleck's is as bold and dynamic as it is.

Man, who gives a **** about gray or blue or black as long as it's one of these three colours? :/

^ I try not to pay much attention to anyone who criticizes Ben on account of physical traits he actually shares with the character. For instance, in both comics and animation, Batman is regularly depicted with a fairly prominent chin, much larger than Affleck's, in fact. Yet, when he was initially cast, you'd see people say things like, "Ben's chin is too big for the role. It's George Clooney all over again." That kind of ignorance is just laughable, but what are you gonna do? :funny:

Tony Robbins for the next Batman! :oldrazz:

Tony Robbins for the next Batman! :oldrazz:

You know, that dude would actually make a decent stunt double for Ben. Richard Cetrone aka StuntFleck finally has some competition. :woot:

Except that it is a comic book look :cwink::

Aquaman17_%281996%29.jpg

After Nolan's insistence on making the symbol as inconspicuous as possible... be grateful Affleck's is as bold and dynamic as it is.
I like the symbol I'm just saying I wish that it stood out more from the suit and I think the suit being more gray would help with that.

Speaking of symbol, at first I just liked the big, fat bat, but I've grown to actually love it. Looks great on that suit.

Speaking of symbol, at first I just liked the big, fat bat, but I've grown to actually love it. Looks great on that suit.
Yeah I had mixed feelings about the Symbol and short ears when I first saw it but it's grown on me and I love it. It's without a doubt the best live action suit by far!

Yeah I had mixed feelings about the Symbol and short ears when I first saw it but it's grown on me and I love it. It's without a doubt the best live action suit by far!

Oh, I loved the short ears from the start, it was always my preference with the cowl. With the symbol, though I prefer thicker ones (like New 52 one, for example), I did initially find it to be a bit too thick, but I did like it for most part. If they've put an exactly the same as Miller's TDKR one, I'm sure I wouldn't like it nearly as much, but I've grown to actually love this one now.

Although my initial hope was to see something more like the bat emblem pictured below, as illustrated by Jim Lee, I, too, have since grown to love Wilkinson's Miller-esque take on the symbol. It looks great on the Fleck!

34200618109Lee.gif

I love the overall costume. I'm not super crazy to see him holding guns or what have you. I understand it could just be a matter of context within the film though. I hope we get to see that he is quite trained in martial arts. A little nod to his training in hand to hand combat would be so cool!

Although my initial hope was to see something more like the bat emblem pictured below, as illustrated by Jim Lee, I, too, have since grown to love Wilkinson's Miller-esque take on the symbol. It looks great on the Fleck!

34200618109Lee.gif

I like that one, though I prefer more squarish and substantial ones, like this:

351ivia.jpg

Maybe we'll get something like that in Justice League or the next stand-alone Batman film.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"