BvS Ben Affleck IS Batman - - - - - - - - - - - Part 38

Status
Not open for further replies.
After how good affleck is in this movie u don't know why warner brothers don't have a planned solo batman movie or why affleck seems reluctant to makes one.

Can we talk about how perfect that first batman scene was?

The way the people are saying "It saved us" and yet are still scared of him, the way the cops find him clinging to the roof like an actual bat, the way he scuttles away like a creature when they shoot at him, the way the cop says "I saw him! I've never seen him before" like batman is a lurker that is never glanced fully...it was all so on point.

:ilv:

Affleck's performance was solid, but Batman was written as a thoughtless, uncaring brute, which I'm not on board with.

Sad affleck is getting popular on youtube. Hitting almost 9 million views already. :csad:

I can see why though.

The way the people are saying "It saved us" and yet are still scared of him, the way the cops find him clinging to the roof like an actual bat, the way he scuttles away like a creature when they shoot at him, the way the cop says "I saw him! I've never seen him before" like batman is a lurker that is never glanced fully...it was all so on point.

I couldn't believe how good that was. It was better than most things I saw in previous Batman movies. For all the problems this movie had, Batman was not one of them.

After how good affleck is in this movie u don't know why warner brothers don't have a planned solo batman movie or why affleck seems reluctant to makes one.

I just saw that he's working with Geoff Johns on a "project". I can only imagine it's a solo Batman movie. Not thrilled with Geoff but I'll take it.

Yup. Really loved that. It was genuinely scary too.

Affleck's performance was solid, but Batman was written as a thoughtless, uncaring brute, which I'm not on board with.

Well, we are purposely introduced to him at a more cynical time of his life and the ending eludes to developing out of that characteristic. So there's that.

Sad affleck is getting popular on youtube. Hitting almost 9 million views already. :csad:

I can see why though.

This just makes me sad at the people that find this so funny. Especially when he did fine in the movie.

Well, we are purposely introduced to him at a more cynical time of his life and the ending eludes to developing out of that characteristic. So there's that.

Yeah, I understand his arc.

I really hope your right Mrs. Wayne And that all the negative reviews don't put him off.

Affleck is my favourite Batman now. I didn't think anyone would unseat Bale or Keaton...but it happened. He won me over. He suits all the facets of the role to a tee.

I loved that, but what made it even better is that one of the cops still recognized and labeled Batman as one of the "good guys".

Ben deserves none of the negative stuff coming his way

He was easily the best part of the film and he should be proud of his performance. He's gonna kick total ass in his solo movie.

Ben deserves none of the negative stuff coming his way

He was easily the best part of the film and he should be proud of his performance. He's gonna kick total ass in his solo movie.
Yep. It's sad, I think. The guy gave the film his all, and he gets saddled with a brutal set of reviews (which I think are BS - and no...I'm not forcing myself to like the movie...,I like the movie).

"They know. They just don't care."

Seems people are hung up on things that don't bother me in the slightest. With each individual incarnation, I go with their intent. Sucks for them.

I loved that, but what made it even better is that one of the cops still recognized and labeled Batman as one of the "good guys".

I thought it was interesting that Perry White was the first to call him Batman. After 20 years, people still call him the Bat vigilante.

I didn't like the
killing. I felt is was unnecessary, as it didn't add anything to his characterization. The fact that he was thinking about taking out superman is enough for us to realize he's getting desperate and falling from grace. They didn't need to have him take out random thugs. I did enjoy his brutality to some extent, they just needed to pull it back just a little. Whatever they got from having him off those people isn't worth all the controversy that comes with it.

Other than that, I was very happy with batman's role.
I especially love his compassion at the beginning during the Kryptonian attack. Really helped cement his reason for being anti-supes.
The aesthetics they chose for him were also noteworthy. His misty and window-filled mansion, his vintage car, the decaying and haunting remains of Wayne manor...so much old world sophistication combined with ghosts from his past. Even his batcave was elegant, and yet functional and modern.

One question: If WB doesn't reboot Affleck as Batman, everything that he's done in BvS and the character himself will remain canon for future DCEU films, right?

Batman's brutishnes during Batman v Superman being a new thing, explains why the Batmobile doesn't have a gun on it during the flashback in Suicide Squad.

One question: If WB doesn't reboot Affleck as Batman, everything that he's done in BvS and the character himself will remain canon for future DCEU films, right?

I don't think anything is being rebooted in all honesty. They're just gonna move forward with the plan.

I mean, they won't change anything about Bruce, right? Because everything was awesome: Alfred, the Batmobile, Batwing, the cave and Bruce's dialogue with Clark at Lex's party, I don't want anything changed.

He's not getting rebooted. The only way that could happen is if Affleck wanted to quit. He was nowhere near the problem. He'll be starring in a solo movie. If anything WB might demand these movies to be MORE Batman centric since he's the golden goose and Affleck is so good.

I haven't come across anything negative about Bat-Fleck outside of the odd [BLACKOUT]killing complaint[/BLACKOUT]. Affleck should be very proud of his work in this movie.

The Batman/Bruce Wayne we saw, especially in the last half hour of the movie, was perfection.

Ben Affleck was fantastic as Batman. Absolutely fantastic. I can't wait for the solo film (hopefully it's a Red Hood film). I didn't care for the [blackout]killing[/blackout] either. But there are people out there who love Michael Keaton's Batman and he [blackout]killed his fair share also.[/blackout]

Yup. Really loved that. It was genuinely scary too.

Affleck is my favourite Batman now. I didn't think anyone would unseat Bale or Keaton...but it happened. He won me over. He suits all the facets of the role to a tee.

Agreed. :up:

I just saw that he's working with Geoff Johns on a "project". I can only imagine it's a solo Batman movie. Not thrilled with Geoff but I'll take it.

I saw that too. He'll also be featured in Suicide Squad, so here's hoping that film is met with better reviews than BvS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"