BvS Ben Affleck IS Batman - - - - - - - - - - - Part 38

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know it's hard for most people to empathize with the mega successful, rich and famous movie star, but I tend to think of them as mere humans at the end of the day and I feel very sorry for how I perceive Ben must be feeling in this particular situation, because first he had to deal with that completely irrational and overblown negative reaction at being cast, which no one really should suffer through. Seriously, that was stupid. Then, it seems like he worked really hard and gave the role his everything and believed in the project in general, and now, at a time that should be rewarding and enjoyable for him personally because it seems like every single reviewer and member of the audience that has seen the movie so far, even the ones who hated it, have given the universal consensus that he gave a truly great performance and is by far the best part of the movie, he must find himself in such a tough spot.I hope that the movie at least performs extraordinary well at the BO to make up for the criticism. Whether it deserves to or not, I can`t comment on because I haven`t seen it yet. I seriously hope that Ben`s career doesn`t get negatively impacted in the least because of this, and the opposite actually happens, he gets even more recognition. He has been on such a great track and 'Live by Night' that he just directed/wrote/ starred in, recently got an Oscar friendly release, so it must be good. It would be really unfair. What do you guys think?

The Bat-scenes all felt like stuff from the Arkham games. I'm sure they looked at those for some templates.

The best thing I can say about the movie is that Affleck, Cavill and Gadot looked like they'd been ripped directly out of the comic book.

The movie was a piece of **** but I still have high hopes for BatFleck. I think they really dropped the ball not showing more of his established universe (like what happened with Robin, showing nightwing, oracle, or memorabilia in the bat cave of his past fights against super villains)

Affleck can pull of both Bruce Wayne and Batman and he is definately the director who could make a really cool batman movie

I know it's hard for most people to empathize with the mega successful, rich and famous movie star, but I tend to think of them as mere humans at the end of the day and I feel very sorry for how I perceive Ben must be feeling in this particular situation, because first he had to deal with that completely irrational and overblown negative reaction at being cast, which no one really should suffer through. Seriously, that was stupid. Then, it seems like he worked really hard and gave the role his everything and believed in the project in general, and now, at a time that should be rewarding and enjoyable for him personally because it seems like every single reviewer and member of the audience that has seen the movie so far, even the ones who hated it, have given the universal consensus that he gave a truly great performance and is by far the best part of the movie, he must find himself in such a tough spot.I hope that the movie at least performs extraordinary well at the BO to make up for the criticism. Whether it deserves to or not, I can`t comment on because I haven`t seen it yet. I seriously hope that Ben`s career doesn`t get negatively impacted in the least because of this, and the opposite actually happens, he gets even more recognition. He has been on such a great track and 'Live by Night' that he just directed and starred in, recently got an Oscar friendly release, so it must be good. It would be really unfair. What do you guys think?
He's my definitive Batman and Bruce Wayne. Been a Batfan for over 30 years now.

I'm starting to think
the nightmares were more than just nightmares. At least the giant bat one on. I'm wondering if Bruce was compromised via his mind. Isn't there a version of Darkseid that gets in via your fears, etc and brings out the worst in you?

If nothing else it was a cool window into his mindset.

Last edited:
Arkham was an influence. Even the bat mobile chase felt like some of the stuff from Knight. But yeah, still a solid interpretation. My favorite. Just not realistic for Batman not to use deadly force when enemies have mini guns and bazookas. You need heavy fire power and have to kill in that instance. It's war at that point. I thought the branding really pushed home the point of Frank Miller type Batman. It's the best one yet IMO. Affleck is probably too old though to maintain that level without going full CGI, but solid work on his part. One JL movie and one solo movie and then take a break from Batman already.

Best part of the movie was Batman. The warehouse fight was insane, as was Batman's 'phantom-like' first appearance, and the Batmobile chase.

I agree. While Affleck is the best thing in the movie, mainly because of his acting, the characterization is terrible.

I liked Affleck and I thought Batman's action scenes were really rad (aside from the fight with Superman, which was terrible). At the same time, I found them hard to enjoy fully because I was distracted by how Batman was an nigh-irredeemable monster who embodied virtually none of the values I associate with the character.

I liked Affleck and I thought Batman's action scenes were really rad (aside from the fight with Superman, which was terrible). At the same time, I found them hard to enjoy fully because I was distracted by how Batman was an nigh-irredeemable monster who embodied virtually none of the values I associate with the character.

On the same page man.

I just hope that Ben doesnt decide to walk away from the role, such is the **** he's having to put up with at the moment. I mean, he had to put up with a crap-load of **** when he was cast and even when he's proved the doubters wrong, people are stil making fun of him. What more can he do?

WB wanna go with gods and humans in DC universe?

Then they should write Superman brings no killing oath all together in first justice league meeting. Some characters might disagree to some extend. Batman regains his faith to what he does thanks to influence of Superman bringing hope. Born again christian type of Batman thanks to SuperJesus. Like a redemption story.

Then go from there. A good way to clean Syndermess.

Not just that we can see Superman's influence on bringing good in people. Works for both character.

Then they can go kill entire DC villains all together. :o

What do you think?

Aflek would have made a wonderful Batman/Wayne. All he needed was a good script and characterization. Sad, really.

So, at the end of the film-

When Bruce tells Diana that they need to find the other Meta-Humans and bring them together, did anyone else think this:

1309458918150431.gif

Will Bruce and Diana engage in a similar adventure to assemble the Justice League? Because,

THAT WOULD BE AWESOME!

Ironic that the thing fan boys were complaining about most (Batfleck) turned out to be the best thing in the movie by miles.

So, at the end of the film-

When Bruce tells Diana that they need to find the other Meta-Humans and bring them together, did anyone else think this:

1309458918150431.gif

Will Bruce and Diana engage in a similar adventure to assemble the Justice League? Because,

THAT WOULD BE AWESOME!

Yeah, that would be cool. I'm guessing Aquaman will be the one to tell them to "Go **** themselves".

I'm starting to think
the nightmares were more than just nightmares. At least the giant bat one on. I'm wondering if Bruce was compromised via his mind. Isn't there a version of Darkseid that gets in via your fears, etc and brings out the worst in you?

If nothing else it was a cool window into his mindset.

I doubt they are doing this but I LOVE that concept. Really great idea... It's the only way they could save this iteration of Batman for those of us who really want a smarter, more disciplined, non-lethal Batman.

In the warehouse fight, Batmn stabs that dude in the shoulder not the heart, and the part everyone is saying he uses the machine gun; he's merely re-directing the gun that the thug is firing at him towards the other thugs; he's not shooting it himself.

Aflek would have made a wonderful Batman/Wayne. All he needed was a good script and characterization. Sad, really.

Seriously, Affleck is perfect for the Dennis O'Neill ultra-intelligent, mentally disciplined, moral caped crusader that we need in this era of American Neo-fascism. I can't think of a better actor for the role, but this movie flushed it down the toilet.

Dennis O'Neill's Batman occasionally indirectly killed and lost himself in rage...

Dennis O'Neill's Batman occasionally indirectly killed and lost himself in rage...

Did he? I haven't read every O'Neill Batman. He goes very dark in the Venom plot line but I don't recall murder...

Bats' journey through darkness in that storyline is about as morally ambiguous as I like my Batman. But if you can give me some good examples of him killing, I might need to rethink my position... Also really loved your Darkseid/mind-manipulation idea...

Did he? I haven't read every O'Neill Batman. He goes very dark in the Venom plot line but I don't recall murder...

OK. But he doesn't murder anyone in this movie, either. Justifiable homicide? Certainly. No murder, however.

OK. But he doesn't murder anyone in this movie, either. Justifiable homicide? Certainly. No murder, however.

That Batmobile crush-fetish scene... sorry, but that's mass murder. He was stealing from Lex so that he could do what Lex already planned on doing.

That Batmobile crush-fetish scene... sorry, but that's mass murder. He was stealing from Lex so that he could do what Lex already planned on doing.
He ran over thugs who were full on turret firing at him...

Bats' journey through darkness in that storyline is about as morally ambiguous as I like my Batman. But if you can give me some good examples of him killing, I might need to rethink my position... Also really loved your Darkseid/mind-manipulation idea...

Yeah. Early 80s. It's not as overt as firing guns but people occasionally died as a result of self defense. He killed animals too.

And he lost it on criminals in several notable occasions. This is where brutal Batman came from. Not Miller.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"