Ben Affleck IS Batman!! - Part 8

Discussion in 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice' started by Thread Manager, Sep 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FlawlessVictory

FlawlessVictory Well-Known Member

Little Affleck is gearing up for daddy's big role :)

[​IMG]

2. AnneFan

AnneFan Hathaway #1

As image comparisons show, Affleck strongly evokes the Arkham City Bruce Wayne. Strongly. Bruce Wayne is a well known public figure in Gotham. Ben Affleck is a well known actor in Hollywood. I think it plays. The Fallon interview shows me he has the fun charm for that side of things.

3. the last son

the last son Well-Known Member

I just can't get behind this casting. I just don't see why Affleck would be a good choice. I will have to be made a believer. To me he was one of the worst choices.

4. TheNextNolan22

TheNextNolan22 Hurting Really REALLY BAD

Better him than Scott Adkins.

5. Venom'sDad

Venom'sDad Enter The Sym

Totally Agree :up:

6. Project862006

Project862006 Well-Known Member

in the words of simon pegg

wow they cast a tall ,dark haired,handsome ,square jawed ,white guy for bruce wayne i am shocked LOL

7. the last son

the last son Well-Known Member

I would have went with Adkins.

8. Nathan

Nathan ...

I like Adkins, but come on. Seriously?

9. Micromind

Micromind New World New Rules

I prefer Affleck over other rumored casting choices, never liked Josh Brolin or Jon Hamm or Gerard Butler.

Has Bale commented yet on Affleck's casting ?

10. Project862006

Project862006 Well-Known Member

a glorified stunt actor why not ray park?

how in the hell can you say ben sucks for the role yet you want an actor who is barely passable in straight to dvd movies

11. shauner111

shauner111 Well-Known Member

And this is why WB does their casting and not you :cwink:.

Yeah for real.

12. Micromind

Just like some fans wanted Michael O'Hearn to play Superman, though Adkins has bit more acting experience than O'Hearn, he is not considered as a genuine actor.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2013
  13. Rust

Rust First Son Of Yesterday

Affleck was never my first choice. Nor second or third. But I'm sure he'll nail it, especially if they let him influence the character and the writing.

Just sucks that he's taller than Cavill. :dry:

14. Micromind

I am sure that two inches height difference can be minimized by camera angles, height increasing shoes and CGI techniques.

15. Keyser Soze

Keyser Soze AW YEEEAH!

It boggles the mind that people still go on about height differences as if they'll matter a jot in the final film. There was a whole movement about how Tom Hardy was far too short to play Bane and it would ruin the character. I even made a bet at the time that if a single review mentioned Hardy's height as a detriment to his performance, I'd go see the film at the cinema dressed as Burt Ward Robin. Needless to say that didn't happen.

So Affleck is 3 inches taller than Cavill. That's the height of a GI Joe figure. Cavill's hardly gonna look like a hobbit.

16. Nathan

Nathan ...

I wouldn't even mind if Batman still ends up taller in the Movie than Supes. I think he should get all the psychological advantage that he can. Bats is the human without powers, he needs to be frightening and imposing on first glance.

17. Naked Shia

Naked Shia Nikkid's law

Scott Adkins as Batman would be one of my first choices if I was joking about who should play Batman. The dude can't act for the sake of his life. Stuntmen are best when they are used as... stuntmen.

18. marvelrobbins

marvelrobbins Well-Known Member

Oh god! Some wanting a stunt actor over Affleck. Really?

19. X Knight

X Knight Hope

clearly, there is only one man who could truly do the Batman character justice.......

[​IMG]

:o

20. declan

declan Well-Known Member

Yeah, as I was watching I was astounded he didn't mention the inevitable "how great it's going to be working with Cavill" line. And no mention of Superman?

Strange, but that's how big Batman is. And right now Affleck is WB's big gun. He can thump Snyder/Goyer in the nose anytime he wants to.

Affleck isn't doing this for the money, he's doing it because he has guaranteed money to make x amount of his films. It's what he does now.

That seems like a pretty heavy, mature Batman vibe to me, but I've been very impressed with Cavill's "owning" Superman in interviews. Snyder/WB/DC has obviously sold him on being the beginning of the new DC universe on film.

So I think Affleck is one hell of a counterweight. I hope Geoff Johns can keep everyone from completely screwing all of this up. Guy's got a mouth, lol.

21. Bathead

Bathead The Oldest Geek

Can't act? That is just not true.

22. Bathead

Bathead The Oldest Geek

True, be we have the right to express our opinion and call people on their BS when they say silly stuff like the man can't act, or read things into interviews that just isn't there simply because he was chosen and their guy wasn't. Express your opinion about him all you like, but don't tell lies about him.

23. ThePowerCosmic

That's great. Gets me excited for the premiere because everyone is going to have on their Batman and Superman shirts depending on who's "side" they're on. Gonna be so much fun. I'll probably end up wearing a Superman/Batman shirt.

24. roach

roach I am the night

what would be interesting is if Marketing picked up on that and played up the whole "who will win aspect/ Team Batman or Team Superman".

25. Keyser Soze

Keyser Soze AW YEEEAH!

While people are entitled to think what they want about Affleck's suitability for the role, it is really weird to see people trash Ben Affleck's casting because he's not an incredible, transcendent actor, only to then back someone like Scott Adkins, a glorified stuntman who you'd be hard-pressed to find delivering a noteworty acting performance anywhere. Thinking Affleck's not good enough an actor is one thing, feeling the need to have someone with the physicality of Adkins in the role is another, but "I hate Ben Affleck for Batman because he's a bad actor, so I want Scott Adkins for the role?" Does... not... compute.

I think it was regret who said it was a bit like someone turning up their nose at a vacation to Venice because the views weren't scenic enough, only for them to then suggest a trip to Detroit instead.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.