BvS Ben Affleck IS Batman!! - Part 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now you're just being naive, Lee. :o

I haven't had a chance to see it yet, but I picked up The Town over the weekend....I hear he is tough and gritty in that too.

The Town is a beast movie. Ben Affleck is good in it as well, so is Jeremy Renner.

Ill never understand people saying "this is BEAST!" LOL what the hell does that even mean...that it's good? How does that make sense?

Back to Affleck, yes The Town was a good movie. Im usually not a fan of Ben or even Renner but they were both good. That's why I trust in his directing.

Ill never understand people saying "this is BEAST!" LOL what the hell does that even mean...that it's good? How does that make sense?
Back to Affleck, yes The Town was a good movie. Im usually not a fan of Ben or even Renner but they were both good. That's why I trust in his directing.

It's just a colloquialism, kinda like some people use "bad" to mean "awesome", like in "Shaft, he's one BAD *shutyourmouth!*.

Justin Timberlake about Ben Affleck as Batman:
"I think one of the most important parts of playing Batman is to make a good Bruce Wayne. I think he'll make Bruce smart. I've heard him talk about it."
Kinda old news, sorry if this has already been posted.

Last edited:
Zombie Frankenstein on Ben Affleck as Batman:

"arrrgh....urrrrrr.....I....hope he can capture the nuances of the character but I think this will be a good role for him.....brains."

I hadn't seen it. I hope this means making him smarter than Bale's :D Bale's Batman was of pretty average intelligence

Zombie Frankenstein on Ben Affleck as Batman:

"arrrgh....urrrrrr.....I....hope he can capture the nuances of the character but I think this will be a good role for him.....brains."

If anyone understands the Batman character then it's Zombie Frankenstein.

How smart Affleck's Batman is depends on how smart Goyer's script is (that sound you hear is the snarky laughter of a million Goyer haters). There are actors who convey great intelligence innately; I don't really think Affleck is one of them, but that's not me saying he comes across dumb, just that, okay, Affleck has good intentions, and it is still mainly on the script, as It usually is.

Last edited:
If anyone understands the Batman character then it's Zombie Frankenstein.

Zombie Frankenstein runs the biggest Batman fan website: ZombieFrankensteinLovesTheDarkKnight.org

How smart Affleck's Batman is depends on how smart Goyer's script is (that sound you hear is the snarky laughter of a million Goyer haters). There are actors who convey great intelligence innately; I don't really think Affleck is one of them, but that's not me saying he comes across dumb.

Yup. Despite the TDK trilogy scripts aiming to "ground" Bruce's intelligence along with everything else in their universe, Bale just naturally comes off as intelligent. It reads on his face/eyes.

I think Affleck will be ace at doing the playboy act though, if they choose to portray that side of Bruce in this movie.

Affleck is an actor...He can ACT intelligent...surely?

Even Arnold Schwarzenegger can act intelligent.

First time I read that. Thanks for the find. :up:

Of course Affleck can act intelligently. I think he's pretty intelligent in real life too. There are just certain things some actors manage to portray seemingly effortlessly.

Last edited:
It's just a colloquialism, kinda like some people use "bad" to mean "awesome", like in "Shaft, he's one BAD *shutyourmouth!*.
Bad meaning bad-ass. Beast just doesn't make any sense.

I reckon, even with a delivery of intensity, he could easily convey, seemingly, great intellect.

Robert Downey Jr. I'd never imagine him playing intelligent characters like Tony Stark or Sherlock Holmes, as he always seems to be too schoolboyish imo.
But he pulls it off.

Affleck, I think we underestimate him tbh.
I don't believe he'll be much like what we've seen of him in other films. I think he's heading down a new path in his acting career. He seems to honestly be into his new concept of Batman and wants to give the best performance he can.
It's to an extent, that I have complete faith in him.

I do think Affleck will probably surprise a lot of people, myself included. In fact, it's because I know he's smart that I have some degree of trust in him because I do believe he wouldn't have accepted the role unless he knew he had something to give to it.

I wouldn't go as far as to say complete faith on my end though. There are still some reservations I have about being able to simply forget that it's Ben Affleck and buy into him 100% as Bruce Wayne/Batman. It just comes with the territory of knowing him as an actor for so long, and it's the same reason Richard Donner said he couldn't cast Robert Redford as Superman. I know it's different with Batman because he wears a mask, but still.

That said, I think suspension of disbelief won't be much of a problem for kids because they're probably less familiar with Ben Affleck, some may not even know him at all depending on how old they are. If you're someone who's lived through the 90s, it's always going to be a little of a hurdle to get over at first. And I say that as someone who has always defended Ben Affleck even through his most derided years.

Affleck is an actor...He can ACT intelligent...surely?

Even Arnold Schwarzenegger can act intelligent.

Arnold is such a great actor that he can play average American characters with average American names, despite having a thick Austrian accent. You can see that comparing these two is not fair to Ben.

Affleck can play intelligent, I know he can do it. He'll buff up too. But it's down to how Goyer writes him.

Also, Affleck has to convince me of one thing. Make me forget that it's Ben Affleck on screen so I eventually only see Bruce Wayne. For the playboy act, I don't care...go full on Affleck when he's in the public and being the goof that he is. That's great. But for private Bruce he needs to give off a more intelligent and introspective version of his character from The Town. There were times when he would be quiet or brood in that movie but he needs to go the extra mile with this to make sure we don't just see Ben the celebrity.

Arnold is such a great actor that he can play average American characters with average American names, despite having a thick Austrian accent. You can see that comparing these two is not fair to Ben.

laugh01.gif

Hollywoodland is a good example of how he could play, Bruce.

It's been a while since I saw it, but I actually got pretty emotional when Reeves (Ben) was about to kill himself.
Ben really sold it.

Affleck will be fine.

I'm growing more and more comfortable with Affleck as time goes on. I'm not exactly pumping fist for Batfleck, but I'm not hating either.

I'm growing more and more comfortable with Affleck as time goes on. I'm not exactly pumping fist for Batfleck, but I'm not hating either.

My sentiments as well.

Ben Affleck in this suit please.

Batman+Night+of+the+Owls+10.jpg

That's all I request in the new movie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"