Justice League Ben Affleck IS Bruce Wayne/Batman - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gyllenhaal would be fantastic.... DCEU Bruce will correctly be shorter than Superman.

Joke aside, I agree that Jake doesn't physically scream Bruce Wayne at all, but he can sure as hell bring more emotional weight to the role than Affleck IMO. As Bruce or Hal, I'd welcome him with open arms.

DKwbdL7XcAEXumw.jpg

Our new BATMAN!

Is it just me, or does he bear an uncanny resemblance to Jeffrey Dean Morgan in that pic?

Who in all is reporting it? Any reliable sources?
Rob Keyes over at Screenrant. We can argue whether or not Screenrant is a reliable source, but the point is that someone other than John Campea (and someone completely independent of him) heard the same thing. Not to mention a couple of users on DCEU Leaks were hinting at Gyllenhaal before Campea spilled the beans.

Rob Keyes over at Screenrant. We can argue whether or not Screenrant is a reliable source, but the point is that someone other than John Campea (and someone completely independent of him) heard the same thing. Not to mention a couple of users on DCEU Leaks were hinting at Gyllenhaal before Campea spilled the beans.

While I want Ben to stay as Batman, and I think Ben's own personality fits with the role he is playing, I do like Jake, and if they age him up a bit with a wig with greying temples, I think he could fit the role. And it is an actor with gravitas.

I want to Batfleck to stay, he is an amazing Batman, but if the man don't wanna be part of this Universe anymore... well better leave him alone then.

I want to Batfleck to stay, he is an amazing Batman, but if the man don't wanna be part of this Universe anymore... well better leave him alone then.

I also would like Ben to stay for at least one more film (I don't necessarily think they need to plan for an entirely new Batman trilogy as opposed to aiming to make one really great standalone Batman picture). I truly believe Affleck has at least one truly amazing Batman film/performance in him with the right creative team and material behind him.

But I agree, if Ben wants out and has had enough, it's best to bite the bullet now and let him part ways with the franchise. I really can't blame him at all for feeling this way, after everything that has happened and all the drama/criticism surrounding this franchise for the past few years -- none of which has been Ben's fault in any way, shape, or form.

BEN AFFLECK DONT READ THIS

jake glyennhaal, hello

As for this alleged "news" that Gyllenhaal will be the new Batman in the Reeves solo film...if true, I think that could be really cool.

But there is something suspect (and also kind of ****ed up) about this "leaking" and/or being reported on the same day that the troubled Justice League film (starring Ben Affleck as Batman) is due to be released -- not a day sooner or later. I swear, these bloggers can be pretty savage.

While I want Ben to stay as Batman, and I think Ben's own personality fits with the role he is playing, I do like Jake, and if they age him up a bit with a wig with greying temples, I think he could fit the role. And it is an actor with gravitas.

Why does this Batman need graying temples? Are we getting middle aged Batman again?

Gyllenhaal was the Runner-Up for Batman Begins. Apparently was deemed too young and frankly Bale was the favorite going into the casting process. We'll see.

Timing for this to leak is pretty bad, all things considered.

Jake would feel like a godsend after Affleck, at least for me.

I know Ben has his fans but I feel like he never really had a handle on the character and his Bruce Wayne wig makes him oddly look like Jason Sudeikis.

They already started soft rebooting/flat out ignoring things with JL

might as well just get Jake in there if he actually wants it.

Relieve Affleck of his misery already

And I think Reeves has built enough clout in recent years that Gyllenhaal would at least consider it.

Getting him to sign on for Justice League films may be a different matter.

Get George Miller and crew back on the phone and get r done

WE MORTAL NOW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"