Justice League Ben Affleck IS Bruce Wayne/Batman - Part 6

Bring Affleck back on HBO MAX for those fans. It's the right time for multiple versions. Justice League: Mortal was awful timing because Batman just got back off the ground after Batman and Robin almost killed the entire genre in 1997.

It's a whole different landscape.

Bring Affleck back on HBO MAX for those fans. It's the right time for multiple versions. Justice League: Mortal was awful timing because Batman just got back off the ground after Batman and Robin almost killed the entire genre in 1997.

While I doubt it happens, I would loveeeeeeeee to see Ben Affleck do a one off movie/mini series for HBO Max using his Batman script. Like you said, multiple versions can co-exist now. Marvel has cracked the code with the shared universe concept, why not try something different with DC and just focus on high quality content? The idea of streaming series with movie-like budgets sounds incredible.

I'd welcome Batfleck back any time.

I expected the Snyder Cut to eventually get released... but not this soon to be honest. But considering this news came packed with a other news as well such as Henry in talks about Superman contract extensions, next Superman films etc and the fact that we are still getting Wonder woman, Aquaman, Shazam and Black Adam (possibly others) its sure seems like they are up for another Justice League as well. Especially if this Snyder Cut goes over well. Which I personally hope turns out to be absolutely epic!

Do I think Affleck would return if Snyder was involved? I dont know, but I do find it possible. Between his personal life issues at the time, the way things played out with Snyder and Justice League being chopped up then The Batman issues; I think he just got burned out. Given the right circumstances I wouldn't rule out a possible return but I'm not going to get my hopes up either.

Either way, Snyder, Cavill, Batfleck, if youre reading this! Congrats! Welcome back, Cavill you are my superman and Batfleck... please come back home to the Snyder verse!

Well it was hardly even a genre back then. A very limited one maybe. Sure B&R was and is terrible and WB had a hard time figuring out their Batman and Superman franchises after that. But it wasnt very long after B&R that you already got Blade and X-Men etc.

I am very curious about the Snyder Cut. I dont think it will be fantastic, but I do think it has a good chance of being a lot better than the theatrical cut. And I am interested to see if Snyders stuff works better as episodes. If they actually make it a mini series.

The most exciting thing with this is to see more Batfleck and scenes how they were done by Snyder. I am a life long Batman fan but I have very little interest in Reeves "The Batman" movie.

Well it was hardly even a genre back then. A very limited one maybe. Sure B&R was and is terrible and WB had a hard time figuring out their Batman and Superman franchises after that. But it wasnt very long after B&R that you already got Blade and X-Men etc.

I am very curious about the Snyder Cut. I dont think it will be fantastic, but I do think it has a good chance of being a lot better than the theatrical cut. And I am interested to see if Snyders stuff works better as episodes. If they actually make it a mini series.

The most exciting thing with this is to see more Batfleck and scenes how they were done by Snyder. I am a life long Batman fan but I have very little interest in Reeves "The Batman" movie.
Yeah , it sucks that we'll get another movie trilogy about a rookie Batman. I wanted to see more of Affleck's older and experienced Batman.

Not only that Mortal was originally supposed to be the bridge between TDK and Superman Returns until Nolan had them change the story and script. To think had Nolan given the ok we could've seen Bale and Routh together.

Not only that Mortal was originally supposed to be the bridge between TDK and Superman Returns until Nolan had them change the story and script. To think had Nolan given the ok we could've seen Bale and Routh together.
That would have been for someone out there. It's not me though.

Taking the good with the bad, I'd rather have the DCEU.

Wasn't the hole point of Nolan's Batman was that he was the only hero?

Reactions: B
I am fully on board with Pattinson's casting and have been for a while, but I can't ignore the part of me that still wants a proper sendoff for Batfleck, because I honestly do believe that he deserves much better than what he got. It looks like he's in a much better place these days too, so I guess you never what's possible, but hopefully everything works out the way that it should.

Wasn't the hole point of Nolan's Batman was that he was the only hero?
I'm almost certain I've read him state as much.
That was the case however the WB was in a rush to beat Mavel to a superhero team up movie. And wanted to use Bale and Routh which is why the SR sequel was supposed to lead into Justice League.

That was the case however the WB was in a rush to beat Mavel to a superhero team up movie. And wanted to use Bale and Routh which is why the SR sequel was supposed to lead into Justice League.
Nah we good.

The Donnerverse is in the ground where it belongs. Although,, even Snyder can't let go, so I think every Superman filmaker until the end of time is going to be giving us some variation on Donner's stuff from his movies. It's in the contract .

1) Donner's Jesus allegory. 2) Zod cause he's a must for some ****ing reason, and it has to take influence from Donner's Zod, however small, because of course it ****ing does. 3) Modern Superman films MUST beat you over the head with the Jesus allegory. It's the law.

You don't like the Donner movies I take it?
It's complicated. I do like them but Donner has a hold on the character to a heavy degree in movies especially. To the point that any version that's not on the grittier side is supposedly Donner Superman to people. The man didn't create the character after all.

Nah we good.

The Donnerverse is in the ground where it belongs. Although,, even Snyder can't let go, so I think every Superman filmaker until the end of time is going to be giving us some variation on Donner's stuff from his movies. It's in the contract .

1) Donner's Jesus allegory. 2) Zod cause he's a must for some ****ing reason, and it has to take influence from Donner's Zod, however small, because of course it ****ing does. 3) Modern Superman films MUST beat you over the head with the Jesus allegory. It's the law.
The Christian themes in Superman will always be there because he is based off of Moses, Samson, and Jesus. So that will always be there.

The Christian themes in Superman will always be there because he is based off of Moses, Samson, and Jesus. So that will always be there.
Fine. Do Moses for a bit.

I'm sick of Jor-El's master plan.

It's complicated. I do like them but Donner has a hold on the character to a heavy degree in movies especially. To the point that any version that's not on the grittier side is supposedly Donner Superman to people. The man didn't create the character after all.

Gotcha.

When a version of a character resonates with enough people, elements of that character tend to become a more permanent part of the character going forward (Jesus parallels, S symbol representing House of El, both of which I personally like anyway).

I love the first 2 Superman movies, but I don't want anyone beholden to it either. That's why I love the Donner movies and MOS. Different interpretations, but both still display the essence of the character, imo.

First I've heard of any of this & I actually doubt it's validity.

The main reason being if they had aspirations of a shared universe, then surely you'd have expected some form of light ground work to have been laid in The Dark Knight even if it were a passing comment or reference to Superman or a post-credit scene the way The Incredible Hulk & Iron Man both had.

Unless by the point TDK began filming they'd already scrapped the idea given how poorly SR was received & did at the BO.

Well, there was that World's Finest poster in I Am Legend, so I'm guessing WB had been planning for it to happen since 2006 but then Nolan declined.

WB should have kept both of them in Justice League Mortal, imagine both Bale and Routh in a George Miller directed JL movie. Missed opportunity, it could have been a huge success.

Clark Kent and Bruce Wayne with Lex Luthor.

christian-bale-winner-of-best-hero-for-batman-begins-with-brandon-picture-id112062029

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"