Ben Affleck IS Bruce Wayne/Batman.

Discussion in 'The Batman' started by webhead9707, Aug 22, 2013.

1. Nell2ThaIzzay

Nell2ThaIzzay Well-Known Member

They didn't "have" to do anything.

If the previous story ended, then they don't need to keep making the movies and rehashing the same **** over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again.

2. Senator Pleasury

Senator Pleasury Well-Known Member

Good to see you, Doc.

3. Green Goblin

Give him a chance, I'm just disappointed with the older grizzled Batman idea but I'm keeping an open mind.

4. DocLathropBrown

DocLathropBrown Well-Known Member

You are right that there is a difference, but at its root the situation is the same, closer than you may think, actually.

Keaton may have been a great actor, but it was in films that nobody saw, that were also huge flops. Mr. Mom was a surprise hit (but not a box office smash), but it didn't make people think of him as a great actor (comedies usually are looked upon as less 'worthy' performances in the grand pantheon of acting). Even people that didn't assume the tone would be campy in BATMAN still doubted Keaton could pull it off. So there was the worry over the tone, and then Keaton's skill was almost a separate complaint.

Like Affleck, his career was in the toilet and just starting to get back out when Beetlejuice hit and was liked. Clean and Sober proved he could do it in terms of his acting quality (he can do drama?!?) but the masses didn't see it. Ben's in a similar situation: he's given excellent performances in films since what people cling to (Daredevil), but the masses didn't see them, so they're thinking with their heads ten years in the past (with Keaton, everyone's minds were stuck on Mr. Mom, five years past).

Truth be told, Affleck has actually had more success on his upswing before Batman than Keaton did before Batman. The nature of the complaint is a little bit different, but at its heart, the reaction is exactly the same.

5. lico1021

lico1021 New Member

6. lico1021

lico1021 New Member

I feel like Affleck automatically gets flack for this because he's known as the pretty boy of Hollywood - the dummer of the two (Ben and Matt) - and also for his poor choice of roles in the very late 90s to mid to late 00s. So I get it. I get the frustration and anger and confusion. He's also not a very brute guy. And to be honest, he didn't prove that he can be Batman just because he directed Gone, Baby, Gone - directed/starred in the Town - and directed/starred in Argo. Those films are so far from what it is to play Batman that it really just stinks to compare his history with his potential. I dunno, we'll just have to wait and see. Meanwhile, if this news didn't upset you enough, take a look at this awful list of worst Batmans...it's bad. :doh:

7. Vid Electricz

Vid Electricz Well-Known Member

Fanboys, as a rule, are almost always wrong about everything.

8. Llama_Shepherd

Llama_Shepherd Well-Known Member

Well then I refer you back to my first paragraph.

9. Kahran Ramsus

Kahran Ramsus Well-Known Member

Never make another Batman movie? That wasn't going to happen.

10. Nell2ThaIzzay

Agreed :up:

But do we really need a reboot like, 2 years after the last trilogy came to an end? That's absolutely ridiculous.

11. bhayes

bhayes Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

If you want my opinion. Ben needs to start gym training IMMEDIATELY.
    like. RIGHT NOW.

He needs to be working with stunt team trainers and fight choregraphers like. RIGHT NOW. to get his physical ability up.

He needs to atleast be able to convince the audience that he is a force to be wreckoned with as bruce wayne.

i mean even when we see the Animated Batman from Justice League cartoon. we seeing who batman/bruce wayne is

Ben is not the embodiment of all that we have seen before and more.

I was keeping my fingers crossed for scott adkins. that's a choice that makes sense.

physically - in his form. He is not ready to play batman. but with hardwork he can get there.

i also feel like....Ben needs to sit infront of a voice recorder and work in his batman voice and how will he approach bruce wayne.

ALSO the makeup and hairstylist people have their work cutout for them. they do.

i say they need work on ben's looks for next few months. and in feburary

do some creative costumes.

remember how they would display the Jor-El costumes at liscensing shows?

[​IMG]

they need to do something like that to show the new batman costume

Show the public - why we are wrong about ben being batman. i'm scarred but we'll see.

Until i see some cool movie stills and costumes that convice me otherwise.I'm not excited to see this.

they need to do photoshoots that show that ben in bruce wayne attire.

because now...i just don't see him as batman. i'm alittle worried but the right people are in charge so. we'll see.

this might work. WE COULD ALL BE WRONG ABOUT BEN.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2013
  12. Kahran Ramsus

People have been crying for a Justice League movie for years. For that you need Batman.

And it isn't like they are just going to be covering the same stories again. This is a completely different take. It isn't the same as the situation with Spider-Man where they rebooted it needlessly.

13. Vid Electricz

14. DeGenerate10

DeGenerate10 Br Ba

Actors have the best personal training teams, nutritionists, personal chefs money can buy. You don't need to worry about him bhayes. Hell he was even in pretty good shape for The Town.

15. Silvermoth

Silvermoth Avenger

That's hardly fair. We're all fanboys and some people said to keep an open mind about Reynolds as green lantern. Sometimes a bad idea is a bad idea but we'll see

16. Vid Electricz

It's very fair. Vitriol towards Ledger as the Joker, Shailene Woodley as Mary Jane and now Affleck. Always jumping to ridiculous, outlandish conclusions, conclusions before they have any idea about what the final product would be.

Also, Reynolds didn't write the script or direct the film. Maybe he could've been great as Green Lantern. Whatever the movies major faults are, he- as an actor- wasn't one of them.

17. Nell2ThaIzzay

Well I'll pass. I've no desire, want, or need for crossover films.

:up:

18. Alex_Spider

Alex_Spider Well-Known Member

Wow this came out of the blue. Not a bad choice. Only problem I have is that Ben is a very successful and recognizable actor and I don't know if I will be seeing him or The Batman when he is under the cowl. Batman is a mysterious character and would be better fitted an unknown actor or in the vein of Cavill's level.

19. Vid Electricz

I don't understand why everyone is getting so riled up about Affleck (who is a perfectly competent actor), when what they should REALLY be concerned about is the writing and direction of the film (As was the issue with Man of Steel).

20. SpideyFan866

SpideyFan866 Well-Known Member

He has.

A report came out that Ben has already started training and is on a 2 hours a day schedule.

21. Lead Cenobite

Lead Cenobite Exquisitely Empty

I don't remember anyone complaining about Bale's age. I do however remember hearing that it was WB's intentions to go for an older, more experienced Batman in his 40s.

22. Kahran Ramsus

Oh, I'm concerned about that too. Believe me.

23. A Necessary Evil

A Necessary Evil One. Bad. Day.

I don't mind...I don't see him as Batman, however for Bruce Wayne? Yes. I actually really like Affleck, and hope him the best, but this was very out of left field.

24. dru-zod2501

dru-zod2501 Well-Known Member

:pal: :lmao:

25. conan69

conan69 Cimmerian

Not sure why everyones so concerned about Afflecks build...

[​IMG]

About Ledger, I remember after the 6 minute preview a bunch of pathetic dorks from this site launched a petition.... but not everyone was against Ledger.
    Some of us had a wait and see attitude since it was obvious Nolan thought Ledger was the man for the job.

Im guessing Afleck is going to play batman for Justice League and the new trilogy as well...That would make the potential for 7 films - JL x3, Batman x3, B vs S and should tie Affleck up for the next 12 years.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2013