Justice League Ben Affleck Offered to Direct Justice League

After, The Town I am cool w/Affleck directing and if that's all he does!

The fact that WB is actively prepping for a JL movie has me excited. 2015 could go down as the best year for CBMs with JL and Avengers 2 both possibly being released. Comic-Con '14 should be epic as well, could be the first time I actually go.:up:

Has he directed anything since The Town? I know hes been attached to a ton of stuff. Seems like a good director, but not sure how he would handle big action scenes tho.

I was hoping they could leave Justice League for December. I know its not summer block buster, but I mean there'll be lesser competition and more time for preparation right?

I like this choice because I don't think affleck will accept unless the script is excellent.

Has he directed anything since The Town? I know hes been attached to a ton of stuff. Seems like a good director, but not sure how he would handle big action scenes tho.

Argo will be out soon.

Directed Gone Baby Gone in 2007 with lotsa award.
2010 - The Town
2012 - Argo

Writing credits also include Good Will Hunting in 1997 and won these:

All the following shared with Matt Damon:
Academy Award for Writing Original Screenplay
Broadcast Film Critics Association Award for Best Writer
Florida Film Critics Circle Award for Newcomer of the Year
Golden Globe Award for Best Screenplay
Humanitas Prize (Feature Film Category)
National Board of Review Special Achievement in Filmmaking
Satellite Award for Best Original Screenplay
Nominated—Chlotrudis Award for Best Original Screenplay
Nominated—London Film Critics' Circle Award for Screenwriter of the Year
Nominated—MTV Movie Award for Best On-Screen Duo
Nominated—Online Film Critics Society Award for Best Original Screenplay
Nominated—Writers Guild of America Award for Best Original Screenplay

I didn't realize he wrote good will hunting or his first two movies, that's pretty impressive.

he's a better writer/director than an actor, though he acts well in certain parts

Well he'd be the director, he'd have the ultimate creative say.

Could he make some changes to it though, if he wanted to?

Possibly. Depending on who the producer is, because the producer preserves the voice of the film. So if he is the producer as well, then he could make all the changes.

This has me pretty jacked. I absolutely love Affleck as a director and writer. I know he only has 2, soon to be 3 movies but I think he's one of the best directors out there right now.

The more I think about it, the more I think he's a solid choice. If he does take it I hope he and Casey do not star in this film. I would like it better if he just stayed behind the scenes.

It appears, to me, that WB may be planning on going the spin-off route with solo films. And I agree that it looks like they may reboot Batman through this film, and continue as one the spin-offs.

Directing wise, I'm fully on board for this. The Town was awesome and Argo looks phenomenal. But to co-star? Ehhhhh.... I'm not so much a fan of that. He doesn't really strike me as any of the members of the Justice League and his acting talents are less than stellar. He isn't bad, but there are a ton of people who would be better as ANY of the members of the JLA. Well, hopefully, if he HAS to be one of the them...he's Aquaman. No one likes Aquaman...

Variety's assertion about Affleck being "only interested in directing films in which he also stars" is an assumption (and a rather bold one), not a rule by the man himself...

And as others have pointed out, he didn't star in Gone Baby Gone -- which theoretically, took more cojones, since it was his directing debut-- though he did cast his brother!

:word:

It's not that I don't like Aquaman, I just don't really care about him or his mythos. It's not that he's bad, it's just that I don't care.

Like Arrested Development and America. :o

It's not that I don't like Aquaman, I just don't really care about him or his mythos. It's not that he's bad, it's just that I don't care.

Like Arrested Development and America. :o

...:dry:

It's not my fault America didn't care for AD.

Oh, I like Ben Affleck as a director. Immediate favorites of mine (The Town and Gone Baby Gone)

[...]

Also, have Wally Pfister as cinematographer. That's a promising backcourt

That would be nice, but I think if Affleck ends up directing JL, he'll probably go for a fresh cinematographer to work with. Probably one of several he's worked with, like Rodrigo Prieto or Robert Elswit.

And I think WB will have say on who is starring in the lead roles. I think getting Henry Cavill back as Superman is a given, but I don't think they'll let Affleck have a starring role as Hal Jordan or Bruce Wayne. They'll probably let him play a minor role, if nothing else.

As for Affleck possibly directing JL, he seems like an unusual but fine pick. If he has enough prep time, get acclimated with lots of green-screen work and CGI setpieces... he should be good to go.

he's a little old to play a justice leaguer in a new franchise

It's not my fault America didn't care for AD.

Oh, haha, that's what you meant? I thought America and Arrested Development were two things you didn't care for.

:funny:

Wow, I misread that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"