Ben Affleck To Team With DC’s Geoff Johns On Standalone ‘Batman’ Film - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
So we have to at least humor the possibility of Bruce passing on the mantle in light of this Nightwing news, right? It'd give Affleck an out while saving the studio from having to recast.

No. This isn't an animated film or comic book. This is 150+ million movie. They aren't going to make Batman Dick Grayson because Ben might want to leave the role. They will just cast a new Bruce Wayne and move on.

So we have to at least humor the possibility of Bruce passing on the mantle in light of this Nightwing news, right? It'd give Affleck an out while saving the studio from having to recast.

I prefer this to the prequel route

It's a logical move but the question is would audiences go for it. Personally, Batman is always Bruce Wayne to me.

They can recast Bruce if they have to. They don't have to make Grayson Batman.

Reeves to direct, Affleck to produce his younger self, cast a younger Bruce for prequels (Reeves' idea :cwink::cwink:).

Wb's thinking - Bat, Nightwing, GCS, Titans, 4 800M-1B IP films/year for 4 years.

IMO

The fact that you are blaming the writer for the directors shortcomings tells me more.
I already admitted the directing was lackluster in places. No doubt. But he didn't have great material to work with in the first place, and he was still able to get a solid performance from Ben.

You are blaming everything on the director as if the writing means absolutely nothing. You can't have a turd on paper transform into a good/great film, even if it's friggin Scorsese. A good director will elevate a piece of crap but it still won't be great. This is obvious.

One thing is for certain, the Nightwing news cements it that the DCEU is essentially the Batman CU + Friends.

We got The Batman, Sirens, NightWing, and Suicide Squad (that features predominantly Batman villains).

No. This isn't an animated film or comic book. This is 150+ million movie. They aren't going to make Batman Dick Grayson because Ben might want to leave the role. They will just cast a new Bruce Wayne and move on.
This :up: :up:

it's like Fox telling Reeves to get Caesar to hand over the reign to his kid in Dawn of Apes, don't think Reeves would want to do a franchise without Bruce Wayne.

If Armie Hammer's Nightwing, that means he'll be in the present timeline, that means we won't get the "passing the bat torch" story if it's a prequel, but it'd be interesting to see how Nightwing fits in the current timeline with GCS and? Titans.

Or they want to do a nighwing movie first, then team up with Bruce and receive the Bat mantle, just throwing it out there.

We shall see.

I personally would rather keep Bruce Wayne in the cowl, but at the same time I can't discount this possibility.

Right? At this point, I'm hoping the smallest bit of hope that there's some sort of announcement or update at Comic Con.

He might be relegated to Titans movie, that's like Mark Hughes' worst case scenerio 2 months ago.

Even if Batman were to hand the cowl over to Dick...there's some great story potential there.

It seems more like a reaction to something going on with Affleck and the batman casting than a random idea for a great Nightwing movie. I could be wrong on that. But it's very suspicious that this is coming out at the same time.

It'd be bold, to say the least.

I'm not 100% convinced WB would go with it though. It only makes sense if they go the Batman Beyond route and have Bruce still be around. Bruce Wayne and Batman are so intricately linked in the public eye that it's difficult for me to see WB gambling on something like this, especially since their gambles so far haven't paid off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"