Iron Man 3 Ben Kingsley is The Mandarin!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is Wardell the guy who leaks BS? The name sounds familiar; I think he's the one who said Fin-Fang-Foom is in the movie.

Roger Wardell has/had been leaking info.

So far, much of it is stuff no one can confirm yet.

However, he has said alot things that have been proven true.

These include Falcon, Black Widow, and Crossbones being in Captain America: The Winter Soldier as well as when those two were announced for the film.

Also he leaked Surtur's presence in Thor: TDW, Killian's role in IM3, and that Coulson was not done for in the MCU, alluding to his return beginning in the S.H.I.E.L.D. tv show as well as future movies, as well as Anna Kendrick's candidacy for Sharon Carter

So yeah, he's been credible so far, it's just that people have gotten the idea he's a fraud.

I think Marvel put the hammer down on him though as he hasn't posted anything since the beginning of December.

These include Falcon, Black Widow, and Crossbones being in Captain America: The Winter Soldier as well as when those two were announced for the film.

Also he leaked Surtur's presence in Thor: TDW, Killian's role in IM3, and that Coulson was not done for in the MCU, alluding to his return beginning in the S.H.I.E.L.D. tv show as well as future movies, as well as Anna Kendrick's candidacy for Sharon Carter

So yeah, he's been credible so far, it's just that people have gotten the idea he's a fraud.

I think Marvel put the hammer down on him though as he hasn't posted anything since the beginning of December.

Good points, I agree.

Good points, I agree.

Oh, and one more thing.

He kinda alluded to the big news about Hulk that hit recently as he tweeted that Marvel had a very specific vision for the next Hulk film.

MASSIVE SPOILER
Planet Hulk is as specific is gets when it comes to a Hulk film.

It's not rocket science to guess that Falcon and Crossbones would be in the next Cap movie; Kendrick didn't get the role, Emily Vancamp did, and Wardell-o the All-Seeing didn't see *that* coming; everybody and his brother was speculating that Coulson was still alive ever since May 2012, including Clark Gregg himself; and Wardell-o never once mentioned Surtur, and we're still only speculating about the fire giant at this point anyway --- there's no hard evidence or even rumors that Surtur's in it. So what has he been "credible" about again, exactly....?

And he hasn't posted anything since exactly December 4....the exact same date that unleashthefanboy.com outed him as a phony. Strongly doubt he's on Marvel Studios' radar in the slightest.

It's not rocket science to guess that Falcon and Crossbones would be in the next Cap movie; Kendrick didn't get the role, Emily Vancamp did, and Wardell-o the All-Seeing didn't see *that* coming; everybody and his brother was speculating that Coulson was still alive ever since May 2012, including Clark Gregg himself; and Wardell-o never once mentioned Surtur, and we're still only speculating about the fire giant at this point anyway --- there's no hard evidence or even rumors that Surtur's in it. So what has he been "credible" about again, exactly....?

And he hasn't posted anything since exactly December 4....the exact same date that unleashthefanboy.com outed him as a phony. Strongly doubt he's on Marvel Studios' radar in the slightest.

What did unleashthefanoy do to out him as a phony?

480875_10151440402172290_248835327_n.jpg

:funny:

That is amazing. Best character poster for a comic book movie ever.

1. Predicting Crossbones is easy, Falcon is not. People thought he might pop up, but there was nothing to indicate beforehand that he would.

2. Wardell never said Kendrick was in negotiations for it or signed for it. He just said she was up for it and, at the time, the frontrunner. Frontrunner doesn't mean cast though. and we know that the casting for this role has been going on for months since then and before. https://twitter.com/RogerWardell/status/238385979289911296

3. He did mention Surtur https://twitter.com/RogerWardell/status/232668195973107712

4. Yeah everyone was speculating Coulson was alive, but Wardell backed it up with this

https://twitter.com/RogerWardell/status/199956285096083456

and this

https://twitter.com/RogerWardell/status/199957040041435136

The fact that Gregg was/is signed to do more films beyond the number he already appeared in and that prior to the Avengers release, Gregg was talking about returning in IM3 and talking to Patty Jenkins about Thor 2. And if you 've seen the The Avengers, it's not rocket science as to why he would play coy and say he doesn't know if he's coming back after its release.

Of course, now we know for sure and have concrete confirmation he'll be back as he's gonna be in the SHIELD tv show which takes place AFTER The Avengers.

Last edited:
Printed a blog article entitled "Roger Wardell is a phony." :oldrazz: He quit Tweeting immediately after that.

They still didn't seem to have concrete proof. Roger's info has been right so far, despite "everyone" already speculating it might happen. We speculate about everything these days, why should anyone be surprised? When Surtur is in TDW, everyone is going to be saying we knew it would happen regardless if Wardell is right or not. He also says that Nova had a large role in GOTG, so we'll also see if he was right about that. Seems like those guys were just skeptical of Wardell(or his sources) to begin with. One of them even badmouthed the Deadpool script, and that script was awesome. This was all opinionated, and proves nothing.

I would have quit tweeting too, if I were Wardell. Seems like he risked his neck and was unappreciated for it.

They still didn't seem to have concrete proof. Roger's info has been right so far, despite "everyone" already speculating it might happen. We speculate about everything these days, why should anyone be surprised? When Surtur is in TDW, everyone is going to be saying we knew it would happen regardless if Wardell is right or not. He also says that Nova had a large role in GOTG, so we'll also see if he was right about that. Seems like those guys were just skeptical of Wardell(or his sources) to begin with. One of them even badmouthed the Deadpool script, and that script was awesome. This was all opinionated, and proves nothing.

Exactly. To me, looking at it objectively, it kinda just seemed like them lashing out at Wardell for getting scoops they couldn't.

And the only "proof" that they had to why he is a fraud is that he couldn't name his exact source when asked and that he gave a flimsy answer, and stumbled through it.

Really? Why in bad place would he tell you his source? Yeah, it make seem a bit sketchy as he stumbled through it but still. Why would he just outright tell you?

It would be one thing if they had concrete proof that he was wrong, but they don't

Last edited:
Two Versions of the Ben Kingsley/Mandarin poster.

68370.jpg

480875_10151440402172290_248835327_n.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Awesome, loving these posters. I really like the dragon that you can partially see running down his leg with the camoflauge. Does anyone know what those red sticks are? One group seems to be implanted into his right arm, so I thought maybe accupunture, but another one looks like it is going into the back of the chair and statue on his right and another is going into the snow globe looking thing to his left, which I am also curious to see what that can be. The snow globe looking thing with the sticks looks to have some smoke coming off of them, as well as the one on the back of the chair, so maybe incensense? Just curious if anyone has any ideas. My only very minor gripe is I think I would have liked the poster to have shown him with darker hair on his head. Perhaps it is just the lighting, but I think it would have looked a little less like a mohawk if his hair was a bit darker. It looks great though and I can't wait.

Surfer

Exactly. To me, looking at it objectively, it kinda just seemed like them lashing out at Wardell for getting scoops they couldn't.

And the only "proof" that they had to why he is a fraud is that he couldn't name his exact source when asked and that he gave a flimsy answer, and stumbled through it.

Really? Why in bad place would he tell you his source? Yeah, it make seem a bit sketchy as he stumbled through it but still. Why would he just outright tell you?

It would be one thing if they had concrete proof that he was wrong, but they don't

It just seems like Wardell gets overexcited sometimes and starts to stutter in his speech. Wardell says things like Aldrich Killian having "toys" for A.I.M., Wasp being in Ant-Man, Hank as Ant-Man and not Lang, A.I.M. having a larger role in Ant-Man, and M.O.D.O.K. possibly appearing in Ant-Man.

Awesome, loving these posters. I really like the dragon that you can partially see running down his leg with the camoflauge. Does anyone know what those red sticks are? One group seems to be implanted into his right arm, so I thought maybe accupunture, but another one looks like it is going into the back of the chair and statue on his right and another is going into the snow globe looking thing to his left, which I am also curious to see what that can be. The snow globe looking thing with the sticks looks to have some smoke coming off of them, as well as the one on the back of the chair, so maybe incensense? Just curious if anyone has any ideas. My only very minor gripe is I think I would have liked the poster to have shown him with darker hair on his head. Perhaps it is just the lighting, but I think it would have looked a little less like a mohawk if his hair was a bit darker. It looks great though and I can't wait.

Surfer[/QUOTE]

Those are incense burners. They're called "joss sticks." "Joss" being the Mandarin (?) word for "luck." And yes, that's where Mr. Whedon got his name.

Surfer said:

Surfer
I thought the dragon was cool too, mentioned that in the other thread. And the red sticks look like incense sticks to me. I don't think they're in his arm, but probably sticking in something behind him, hidden by his arm.

Yeah those are clearly incense.

Love the posters, is that Caps WW2 helmet? :)

That is the best poster by far. It's just so casually badass.

Maybe Kingsley will finally not stink in a role.

Well everyone seems to have faith in the director and Kingsley is a really good actor when he needs to be. Perhaps Shane Black can get something really great out of him?

Maybe Kingsley will finally not stink in a role.

Wow, I know I said this before, but now I think this tops the stupidest comment ever made on SHH.

You do know this guy has won multiple oscars, and is probably among the greatest actors of is generation? Sure he's appeared in some bad films (prince of persia, Thunderbirds), but that doesn't make him a bad actor. Sean Connery appeared in some of the worst films ever, but he's still a brilliant actor and always will be.

Back to the subject.

FREAKING AWESOME POSTER!

What I love about the poster is they've taken a character who started out in the books as kind of a corny knock off of Ming the Merciless, and they have created a new modern day persona for him that fits in perfectly with modern times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"