Iron Man 3 Ben Kingsley is The Mandarin!

Status
Not open for further replies.
On the subject of The Mandarin, has anyone ever read the Iron Man comic storyline Haunted, written by the Knaufs? It's a great Mandarin story, and probably my favourite Iron Man comic story ever. It'd be cool if this film took some cues from the kind of threat The Mandarin is presented as from that.

On the subject of The Mandarin, has anyone ever read the Iron Man comic storyline Haunted, written by the Knaufs? It's a great Mandarin story, and probably my favourite Iron Man comic story ever. It'd be cool if this film took some cues from the kind of threat The Mandarin is presented as from that.

I agree great story for both characters. I think though they are using the five nightmares story line, with a mix of extremis.

Yeah he IS the Mandarin. We haven't seen a full body shot of him standing up until now. Holy crap he looks just like the Mandarin.

His voice seemed less deep in the new trailer, and had a weird cadence to it... much creepier than in the first trailer I thought.

Ben looks great as the Mandarin. Though I am afraid we probably won't be seeing him fight Iron Man directly.

4XsrIBl.gif

I hope they keep Mandarin alive so he can return for "The Masters Of Evil" alongside Loki, Red Skull etc...

I hope they keep Mandarin alive so he can return for "The Masters Of Evil" alongside Loki, Red Skull etc...
From some of the rumors, it does seem that he survives and either escapes or is taken into custody. Possibly setting up for return in Avengers 2 or even another IM movie.

Yes...yes...yesssss

From some of the rumors, it does seem that he survives and either escapes or is taken into custody. Possibly setting up for return in Avengers 2 or even another IM movie.

*chants* Masters of Evil, Masters of Evil, Masters of Evil!

Feige re-iterated the rings being just rings in IM3, I hope he's lying but I'm just gonna believe him for now so I don't let it bug me when the movie comes out, if it's good it's good rings or no :)

They should do SOMETHING though, control Extremis enhanced tech/humans atleast.

LOVE Mandarin's image and what they've done with him. The uber-terrorist. Glad they ditched the Fu Manchu and Jet Li imagery from the comics; those stereotypes definitely don't belong in the 21st century.

Also, Mandarin's background has been personally revealed right here on the SHH front page by Feige himself. Pretty spoilery stuff there, so read at your own risk.

http://www.superherohype.com/featur...iew-shane-black-and-kevin-feige-on-iron-man-3

I like the backstory, though. Mandarin is an ex-agent --- wonder if they'll specify CIA or SHIELD or something else --- who had an attack of conscience, so to speak, and went all Col. Kurtz. Makes him crazy, crazy scary, and more believable at the same time.

So basically:

He's apparently some hotshot ex-intelligence operative and he's gone a little nutso bringing about all the mayhem he's caused so he decided to use his knowledge to go off the reservation and go into terrorist business for himself. Almost like a privateer becoming a pirate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"