Benazir Bhutto Assassinated

She was contrevorsial and divided figure no doubt. Still her latest plan even if was a scam didnt deserve a bullet in the dome. Its a bad look for Pakistan.... :(

Yeah, her latest plan involved turning Pakistan into a true Democracy and a Free Enterprise system.

Its a bad look for the U.S. Government.

Probably soon enough, I think me and my dad were the only ones who caught it

From any viewpoint, this really hurts Pakistan. :csad:

Horribly inevitable after that 1st blast.

From any viewpoint, this really hurts Pakistan. :csad:

Horribly inevitable after that 1st blast.

If you mean the masses of Pakistan then I agree. Bhutto would have help to usher in a more democratic way of live that would have included a Free Enterprise system. It would have really raised the quality of life in that country.

Instead it may be doomed to become another Iraq.

If you mean the masses of Pakistan then I agree. Bhutto would have help to usher in a more democratic way of live that would have included a Free Enterprise system. It would have really raised the quality of life in that country.

Instead it made be doomed to become another Iraq.

It's sad, but true. I felt like Bhutto and the opposition could have brought great things to Pakistan, especially the implementation of a free enterprise system, which is crucial for growing democratic countries. Now, it looks like that won't happen in the near future, if at all.

This is truly a shocking, unjust tragedy.

A lot of Pakistanis hold resentment towards her? :huh:

Yeah, Musharraf, those in his Government and his supporters who are benefiting from his dictatorial rule.

The common people of Pakistan, the masses loved this woman because it was her who was trying to change the country into a place that would be beneficial them.

Some fundamentalists didn't like the fact she was woman running for PM and I doubt the military has suicide bombers on the pay roll. Musharraf will take advantage of this, but that doesn't mean he was directly responsible, though he may have lesssen the security around her.

I think it was the Pakistani government that did it. Musharaf comes off as a person willing to do anything to preserve his own power IMO.

We all know who did it.

The same one who concocted 9-11.

Osama? I guess it's possible.

The first story talked about the government fudging the security, not being directly responsible, however it does make them indirectly responislble and that may have intentional. But suicide bombers are not military M.O, why would someone blow themselves for the miliatary?

As for Bhutto, she couldn't see in the future, so how would her comments have any barring on who killed her? Everything comes back to M.O, everyone leaves a phsychological finger print when they do something.

It was probabley one of islamic extreamist groups from the north-western region. I doubt the military would use suicide bombers when they could easily of killed her like her brothers and father.

you know the saddest thing?
as most holy documents, the Q'ran is mistranslated or mis-interpreted because some people think it says to treat women like the dirt beneath your feet.
but it's really meant to convey the Idea of treating women like the soil.
which, when you think about it ( and anyone that's ever been on a farm) is actually quite different.

as most holy documents, the Q'ran is mistranslated or mis-interpreted because some people think it says to treat women like the dirt beneath your feet.
which, when you think about it ( and anyone that's ever been on a farm) is actually quite different.

What? Fundamentalist Muslims mis-interprete the Q'ran to fit their own agenda? I won't hear it! Death to this infidel! Allah demands it!

This is so sad, and dangerous. This whole incident might develop into a serious global crisis. We might stand at the dawn of the third world war.

News just came in that The Pakistani president states that Al Qaeda was behind the attacks, im not sure if it was them though. It could of been any islamic extremest for the opposing political party.

This is terrible, she could of changed the middle east, she had the potential to be the female ghandi

Wait, that doesn't make sense. Treating the soil would probably mean tending to it, since in that region soil is very precious. Isn't that why some interpret it like 'women are as tender as flowers'?

This is so sad, and dangerous. This whole incident might develop into a serious global crisis. We might stand at the dawn of the third world war.

Not sure how that would play out. Neighboring India won't go to war over the killing of Benazir. The U.S. won't get more involved because they just need any lackey to control Pakistan and fight Al-Qaeda. The Arab League won't make a big political stink over it. Israel better to shut up on it. Everybody else is just giving their political condolences. The economy will rebound from this eventually.

Wait, that doesn't make sense. Treating the soil would probably mean tending to it, since in that region soil is very precious. Isn't that why some interpret it like 'women are as tender as flowers'?

1. It is okay to beat wives Quotes from Koran:
    • "Men are the protectors and maintainers of women, because Allah has given the one more (strength) than the other, and because they support them from their means. Therefore the righteous women are devoutly obedient, and guard in (the husband's) absence what Allah would have them guard. As to those women on whose part ye fear disloyalty and ill-conduct, admonish them (first), (Next), refuse to share their beds, (And last) beat them (lightly); but if they return to obedience, seek not against them Means (of annoyance): For Allah is Most High, great (above you all)," (4:34).
It's just wee little bit of beating.

Heaven is one big orgy....
  1. In Paradise, voluptuous women await men for sensual gratification
  2. "In them will be (Maidens), chaste, restraining their glances, whom no man or Jinn before them has touched," (55:56).
  3. "We have created (their Companions) of special creation. And made them virgin - pure (and undefiled), - Beloved (by nature), equal in age,- For the Companions of the Right Hand," (56:35-38)
  4. "Verily for the Righteous there will be a fulfillment of (the heart's) desires; Gardens enclosed, and grapevines, And voluptuous women of equal age," (78:31-33).

5. Men have more rights regarding divorce than do women
    • Divorced women shall wait concerning themselves for three monthly periods. Nor is it lawful for them to hide what Allah Hath created in their wombs, if they have faith in Allah and the Last Day. And their husbands have the better right to take them back in that period, if they wish for reconciliation. And women shall have rights similar to the rights against them, according to what is equitable; but men have a degree (of advantage) over them. And Allah is Exalted in Power, Wise," (2:28)

Now I don't know how all of this is like tending to soil. So please explain.​

Bhutto was a good woman. But she was pushing a against a tidal wave. It was only a matter of time.

Horrible, horrible times. She didn't deserve to die, my condolences go out to every innocent person in that country.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"